txhp23

Jan 20, 2021
I was going to say no since I think it's more than fine to just use saves since it's not much of a recurring theme through the game, but the mao dance thing got me wanting to check and it's not actually in the script to be shown so I'll look into that mod tomorrow to see what other things they do if it stands out, and make a small patch for it.
Have you ever contacted Blue about coding for the project? You did all this for free when you could have gotten paid for it!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Have you ever contacted Blue about coding for the project? You did all this for free when you could have gotten paid for it!
He is secretly Batman aka Bruce Wayne, otherwise he would have followed the Joker's way, "If you're good at something, never do it for free!" and also he is a billionaire, he does stuffs for free all the time.

Btw, don't tell anyone about this, keep it a secret. But then, if you're good at keeping secret, you're expecting to get paid!

Crap! I don't have money because I don't get paid for being bad at keeping secret in the first place:ROFLMAO::p.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Never bothered, I think I've offered here that he could reach out if he wanted to previously (Although he hates this place apparently, despite still coming here) so either he or his free worker Skummy could've reached out, but I'm not particularly interested in it anyway so I would need convincing at the very least. Games dead though, so does it really matter?

Well here's your partially fixed Lain mod + Also added in Shawn's mod (D8-14) since adds some additional route choices while playing. I say partial because while the choices and that should work fine I haven't tested them all and if it breaks the save later on then that's just too bad lol. Also I fixed the gallery (only has content in days 1-7) to "work" it is not 1:1 to my script meaning things like the animation control speed bar won't appear in any animations that support them while accessing them from this gallery. Other things like mao's dance (which was a vote recap animation in the end, meh) in the gallery will end up erroring too although I imagine this is an outlier and most will work.

Last edited:

Mahony

Jun 2, 2017
Few weeks I guess, If I was to hazard a guess over those weeks I maybe put in like 40 or so hours total? A fair portion of it was me troubleshooting various things, like I started off on renpy 8.0.3 for a while before I moved down to an older version. Some of the things I wanted to do was get rid of the "Day 1" etc pages or when you go past page 9 the pages list would up to to 10-19 and so on but I couldn't get it working properly lol.

After that I thought "maybe I'll just change the save name to be the current day your on?" but I ran into the problem that it would use the variable that gets that info, so when you loaded a different save all the other save names would update to that... tried various ways at tackling it to no avail so I reverted it.

My least fun part was translating the calendar stuff, since the new system was VERY different to the old one and included a lot of new entries that weren't translated so I essentially ended up just having to go line by line creating my own translations (they are deep learning ones for those curious, more than fine for this stuff though) but this ultimately led me down the path of checking what else might be missing, hence some character profiles and such being added.

I was strongly considering filling out the replay system to include stuff from days 8-23... but when I looked at how the code for it was it just seemed tedious and I'd rather try to remake that instead which I didn't want to do. So Bluecat can do that.

Bouncing off that discord post above, one thing that is VERY clear to me having to skip through a few times from start to finish is that each day between 1 & 7 is A LOT longer than any day made after those first 7. I don't think this is a bad thing but it really stood out to me because even while skipping through so I could make sure the game works properly start to finish, It would take me like 20-25~ mins just to get to day 8, whereas days 8-23 is probably like 30~ mins or so. I only had to do this a couple times but I hated it xD.
To be fair mate 40 hours of work in 3 years is way too much when you could earn the same money doing 0 hours of work

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
(Using Dukez full version with the new patch )I get an error on day 23 when everyone in the pool, Just before who you select who to err go and talk to :)
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 211, in menu
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 215, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 217, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 218, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 219, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 220, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 221, in execute
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'd2'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Days/D22+23.rpyc", line 4099, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 211, in menu
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 217, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 218, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 219, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 220, in execute
File "game/menu/screens.rpy", line 221, in execute
File "renpy/ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1594, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1712, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'd2'

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Ecchi Sensei FanMerge D1+23 v1.0 DM
Sun Apr 23 19:29:14 2023
```
I remember Bluecat had the same error when day 21-23 was released, not sure what version of that you used for the merge. something to do with Saki being D2 if i remember

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
I also found lots of little bugs here and there but thats to be expected with such a large merge. Not sure if you have spoken to Bluecat yet (I found him reasonable when i have spoken to him) to see if he wants you to formally work on this. If so I will do my usual bug reporting.

I love the work on the Charactor cards btw with the extra people added. :)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
The weird renpy bug that randomly appears strikes again ... well, one of two of them. Merge this with your game and it should fix it and eliminate this particular one from ever happening again across the game. This stems from Bluecat or his coder trying to be "smart" and making a system to automatically work out adding " 's " but it wasn't, and instead was rather inefficient considering it would require 7 characters versus just typing it, which takes 2 - not even a program's autocomplete is less than that. Pointless system.

Also I don't plan to reach out to Bluecat & I'm glad you like the character cards. I remember it being debated a while back if it should even be a thing haha.

Milflover1010

Jul 29, 2020
Is your
I can understand re-working the existing weeks to clean up old mistakes, but I don't get why he wants to merge them. Wouldn't having those separations make it easier to build each new week without having to deal with the previous ones?
[/QUOTf
From which event your sophia profile picture is from or is it fan art

Sora GodFallen

Jan 13, 2020
Well, my unofficial merge is done. (the only one that will exist?)

New saves only as old saves won't work.
Speaking of saves, for some reason the saves won't save into the usual %appdata%/renpy folders for me but it may not affect you. If you want to back them up after I would recommend copying them out of the game folder if you also run into this problem.

The merge includes Day 1 through 23. You can view the changelog of the things I did below.
This has been compressed down from 22GB~ to 3GB~.
Patch content is in a separate file that has to be extracted into the game folder.

Ecchi Sensei Fan Merge Days 1-23 (3.15GB) (Windows/Linux)
Added a hotfix to address a bug that may come up. Recommended to merge with your game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If anyone wishes to play the specials that aren't included in this through the days (They aren't "canon" from what I remember) then the only ones you would need to download are:
Halloween Special (2020)
Fapoween Special (2019)
Lewdmas & Lewdyears Special (2018)
You can find these on the first page.
Thank you very much for the effort, what if I don't understand is why when I try it in joiplay it crashes every X time

May 15, 2022
is this game dead? im hearing this merge talk bout it looks like just a port change. was really looking forward to that 365 days lol game was fire
Bluecat says he is still working on it but there has been 1 update since June 2020 and the merge was supposed to be out by the end of 2020. Yeah, its dead.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul and pgm_01

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Thank you very much for the effort, what if I don't understand is why when I try it in joiplay it crashes every X time
No clue, never used it and a quick google says it's some sorta emulation thing I guess and doesn't guarantee games will work under it. Better to play it natively then if you can, not much I can do about that.

Sora GodFallen

Jan 13, 2020
No clue, never used it and a quick google says it's some sorta emulation thing I guess and doesn't guarantee games will work under it. Better to play it natively then if you can, not much I can do about that.
Yes, it works perfectly on PC 0 problems, I love you so much stranger <3 I waited years to play the merge version, If one day you start developing a remake, I will gladly donate to you <3

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
Im guessing this going to be one of those threads that last years after the game died
Doesn't really look like it. The dead horse has been beaten to the point where it just resembles a smear of rotting flesh with clumps of hair in it. Even the most ardent shitposters have pretty much bailed on this thread; as the game gets(rightfully) pushed further and further from the top rated page, you'll get fewer people asking questions too; so fewer opportunities to shitpost will happen.

Unless Bluecat starts posting dumb shit on Patreon again or Skummi makes a return, this thread is as dead as the game.

Roter

May 27, 2020
Well, my unofficial merge is done. (the only one that will exist?)

New saves only as old saves won't work.
Speaking of saves, for some reason the saves won't save into the usual %appdata%/renpy folders for me but it may not affect you. If you want to back them up after I would recommend copying them out of the game folder if you also run into this problem.

The merge includes Day 1 through 23. You can view the changelog of the things I did below.
This has been compressed down from 22GB~ to 3GB~.
Patch content is in a separate file that has to be extracted into the game folder.

Ecchi Sensei Fan Merge Days 1-23 (3.15GB) (Windows/Linux)
Added a hotfix to address a bug that may come up. Recommended to merge with your game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If anyone wishes to play the specials that aren't included in this through the days (They aren't "canon" from what I remember) then the only ones you would need to download are:
Halloween Special (2020)
Fapoween Special (2019)
Lewdmas & Lewdyears Special (2018)
You can find these on the first page.
HAHAHA holy shit dude, how long did this take you, like a month or two? Bluecat is so cosmically embarrassing its unreal. Cheers on the merge though, glad someone did it! :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes