Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Just scored a few errors, in the latest update, when the MC goes home after his tutoring session. He is at his home trying to contact his family members on the phone. Is this due to a particular issue I may have caused or missed??

EDIT** Seems to happen every time the MC accesses his phone etc.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Days/D22+23.rpy", line 2155, in <module>
  File "game/functions/phone/def.rpy", line 159, in open_contact
  File "game/functions/phone/def.rpy", line 146, in phone_messages_setup
KeyError: u'message_labels'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Days/D22+23.rpyc", line 2155, in script
  File "J:\Games\Ecchi Sensei\EcchiSensei-D22+23v1.0_FINAL\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "J:\Games\Ecchi Sensei\EcchiSensei-D22+23v1.0_FINAL\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Days/D22+23.rpy", line 2155, in <module>
  File "game/functions/phone/def.rpy", line 159, in open_contact
  File "game/functions/phone/def.rpy", line 146, in phone_messages_setup
KeyError: u'message_labels'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ecchi Sensei  D22+23 v0.0rc1
Sat Jun 11 14:15:17 2022

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Its a known problem that will not be fixed.
All because BC wanted the new phone...however, you have a choice, play with a savegame and with the handy-bug, or play without savegame and with the "i cant rename the people without using the console"-bug.
Chose your prefered bug until a miracle happens and the merge is complete...

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, at least it wont be possible to make excuses like "we used the basic engine from week1 and that dont works with the new code well" because the merge will have only one core code version...if it is still a buggy mess then, another ongoing excuse will be revealed as lie ^^

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
ppl on this thread: Saki is a FUCKING WHORE!!! how dare she let another women give her... something maybe oral it wasnt really clear but she is my PROPERTY and now she is just defiled and dirty i dont even want to touch her anymore she is a FUCKING CHEATER we were EXCLUSIVE!!!!

ME: ok... there is a lot to unpack there but couple things

1. You are literally playing a character that is having sex with or trying to have sex with 80 different people at once you are the literal definition of a man whore if thats the character you wanna play as you need to take a lot less hypocritical stance

2. Matsu literally tells her that its ok for her to experiment with becky when he walks in on becky giving Saki a massage while not wearing a top so no your not exclusive you really have no right to demand that of her when your fucking everybody else also Saki is the most clear cut bisexual character in this game (excluding becky) i hate to tell ya but your going to see a lot more lesbian stuff with her so if you dont want to then skip all the scenes involving Saki otherwise suck it up and deal with it and just pay attention to the straight scenes its really not hard

3. Matsu is a married man thats cheating on his wife with multiple people your really not in any position to be calling anyone out on being unfaithful

4. I feel i need to tell you this now because i really dont wanna hear these complaints every time someone has a lesbian experience, this is a harem what that means is that a lot of characters are going to be having sex with each other and it probably wont always involve you (shocking i know) because thats what happens in a harem game because thats how harems work especially between family members because how else are they going to be ok with you fucking each of them if their not getting any extra action, if you want a harem game where your the only one fucking the women in that game no one else then go play one of the trainer games

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
You are literally playing a character that is having sex with or trying to have sex with 80 different people at once you are the literal definition of a man whore if thats the character you wanna play as you need to take a lot less hypocritical stance
it's a MC fantasy, call me back when Saki is MC, until then shush
Matsu literally tells her that its ok for her to experiment with becky when he walks in on becky giving Saki a massage while not wearing a top so no your not exclusive you really have no right to demand that of her when your fucking everybody else also Saki is the most clear cut bisexual character in this game (excluding becky) i hate to tell ya but your going to see a lot more lesbian stuff with her so if you dont want to then skip all the scenes involving Saki otherwise suck it up and deal with it and just pay attention to the straight scenes its really not hard
you chose to tell her that,
I didn't , in my playthrough that didn't happen, so again , shush
I feel i need to tell you this now because i really dont wanna hear these complaints every time someone has a lesbian experience, this is a harem what that means is that a lot of characters are going to be having sex with each other and it probably wont always involve you (shocking i know) because thats what happens in a harem game because thats how harems work especially between family members because how else are they going to be ok with you fucking each of them if their not getting any extra action, if you want a harem game where your the only one fucking the women in that game no one else then go play one of the trainer games
I feel like you have no idea what a harem is, actually not feel , I know since reading what you think it's a harem.
also I think you need to get some fresh air, get outside a bit, have some fun, meet some people, touch some grass..
don't bother replying since I'm not gonna reply back to you , because you speak mostly trash...
enjoy your day outside though!
EDIT : also try less shaming people , your point might be even taken into consideration if you don't say it in a hateful way , just saying, some food for thought.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
sam1234567
While i mostly agree with you here, one thing is wrong: Its not a harem right now, its just a bunch of cheated girls. In a harem everyone knows she is in a harem and also knows about the others...for now fuyu is the only one who has a light overview over the girls matsu fucks, but thats all.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
4. I feel i need to tell you this now because i really dont wanna hear these complaints every time someone has a lesbian experience, this is a harem what that means is that a lot of characters are going to be having sex with each other and it probably wont always involve you (shocking i know) because thats what happens in a harem game because thats how harems work especially between family members because how else are they going to be ok with you fucking each of them if their not getting any extra action, if you want a harem game where your the only one fucking the women in that game no one else then go play one of the trainer games
Spoken like someone who has no idea what a harem is. You're talking about a poly relationship.
Poly - you're all in a relationship together and free to fuck others in the relationship.
Harem - the members of the harem are there for the harem leader.

So please stop with this bs "because thats what happens in a harem game because thats how harems work"; A poly-free-for-all-fuckfest-relationship != harem.

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
Spoken like someone who has no idea what a harem is. You're talking about a poly relationship.
Poly - you're all in a relationship together and free to fuck others in the relationship.

So please stop with this bs "because thats what happens in a harem game because thats how harems work"; A poly-free-for-all-fuckfest-relationship != harem.
you do know those are pretty much the exact same thing right? a polygamus relationship is when 2 or more ppl share a mate, a harem is when a person has 3 or more partners who share them literally splitting hairs over the tinniest difference you'd need a microscope to see also lesbian action between characters in a harem game is exactly what happens in almost all harem games and in real life harems even the playboy mansion and arabian princes have women perform lesbian interactions with each other and dont care if their not apart of it

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Well, at least it wont be possible to make excuses like "we used the basic engine from week1 and that dont works with the new code well" because the merge will have only one core code version...if it is still a buggy mess then, another ongoing excuse will be revealed as lie ^^

this is true, I'm honestly not expecting much from the merge besides some slight improvement and you can just play the whole month with one save without all transfer save crap and multiple different game downloads Lol

So if it comes out its not like i can get disappointed i'm not expect much anyways Lol

Reactions: Virulenz

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Just scored a few errors, in the latest update, when the MC goes home after his tutoring session. He is at his home trying to contact his family members on the phone. Is this due to a particular issue I may have caused or missed??

EDIT** Seems to happen every time the MC accesses his phone etc.
I recommend this fix by TanusMorken.

Note, it may cause an error the first time you start the game with it. Did for me anyway. But I had seen something similar with my own attempts at a fix. Just quit and re-launch.

I agree, but the forum description of the harem tag seems to conflate the two, if not even be closer to poly:
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
I had never really thought about it before, but it seems like many (if not most) harem-tagged games are actually poly, so it's no surprise it could lead to some confusion.

Note: this is all based solely on your definition of poly, maybe there's more to it that's not obvious from that.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
1. You are literally playing a character that is having sex with or trying to have sex with 80 different people at once
Ya thats kinda how it works if you're a MC in a "harem" game

2. Matsu literally tells her that
Wrong thats a choice the player makes you as a player picked that optios, others didnt

4. I feel i need to tell you this now because i really dont wanna hear these complaints every time someone has a lesbian experience, this is a harem what that means is that a lot of characters are going to be having sex with each other and it probably wont always involve you

"I feel i need to tell you this now because i really don't wanna hear these complaints every time" someone has no clue wtf their talking about, Harem =/= polygamy

Harem = A group of female animals herded and controlled by a male animal of that species for breeding purposes.

Polygamy = The having of multiple socially bonded sexual partners at the same time

The big differences here is 1 is where the man is the center full stop and the other its free for all fuck whoever you want

Honeslty all of this could've been avoided if there wasn't an option that BC added that was completely ignored, remove that "option" problem solved

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
you do know those are pretty much the exact same thing right? a polygamus relationship is when 2 or more ppl share a mate, a harem is when a person has 3 or more partners who share them literally splitting hairs over the tinniest difference you'd need a microscope to see also lesbian action between characters in a harem game is exactly what happens in almost all harem games and in real life harems even the playboy mansion and arabian princes have women perform lesbian interactions with each other and dont care if their not apart of it
Because words don't work, I drew you a picture.

They are not remotely the same thing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Harem = A group of female animals herded and controlled by a male animal of that species for breeding purposes.

Polygamy = The having of multiple socially bonded sexual partners at the same time

The big differences here is 1 is where the man is the center full stop and the other its free for all fuck whoever you want
Err, no. Polygamy is just another type of "gamy" (ie. monogamy) and was often (if not almost exclusively) very male-centric in practice. Maybe you're thinking of .
Polygamy is almost universally heterosexual, and only one person has multiple spouses of a different gender. The most common form of polygamy by far is polygyny, a marriage in which one man marries multiple women. In , a rather rare social form, one woman marries multiple men.
And I may be mistaken but I think harems were historically more about the male's pleasure than breeding.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Good thing i refer myself just as poly...didnt even know there are multiple categories...tell me, which category is mine?
I am lesbian, in a lifetime relationship with big sis, we both had and have sex with many other girls, some of them come to both of us, some just to me or her and some are mostly interested in the orgies. Of course these girls also have some fun without us and not only with each other but with whoever they want, some are in relationships, some dont care about relationships at all. Just a bunch of horny lesbians we gathered over the years and everyone knows its just for fun...not really a harem (but we tend to call it one, its more easy to fit it in one word) but also not really fitting into the the poly definitions you mentioned...

Mar 28, 2019
~> Week 3 - Days 15-21 I should use Day 20+21 - Final DarkPatch right? Since I tried it safe to assume it works like a charm.

~>Can I transfer my save file to another 1 or it's already built in no need? Yeah it's already built in no need to carry save file

~>There's seems to b problem on changing name throwing exceptions/error using DM patch probably. Well doesn't matter since the game is not finalize but what a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: baloneysammich

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
sam1234567
While i mostly agree with you here, one thing is wrong: Its not a harem right now, its just a bunch of cheated girls. In a harem everyone knows she is in a harem and also knows about the others...for now fuyu is the only one who has a light overview over the girls matsu fucks, but thats all.
Yes but you forgot Tomo she knows about he has other women but not who.
(((Not sure how Tomo is spelled because have not played in 2 years now and will not until at least 6 updates have come out like it use to.)))

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes