a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
former patreon - pulled my support today, enough is enough and even on discord after the promise that more details would be released there instead of on the patreon page it was yet again lies.. If only it was possible to enquire if this falls under Fraud
No it does not fall under fraud, its your decision to support or not and how long you want to support the game.
Its all up to you and you alone.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
No it does not fall under fraud, its your decision to support or not and how long you want to support the game.
Well, I am sure he has no legal case against Patreon the company, since I am sure Patreon says in the fine print that there is no legal recourse for supporting devs no matter what lies they tell on their Patreon pages, but it is still fraud, intelectually, if not legally, if the dev iies about his work on his game to maintain patrons under false pretenses. As we all know, there is not one iota of evidence that Bluecat has spend a single minute on game development since Halloween 2020.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
The decision was made because a PR rep gave them false promises and lies for the past two years. It's how every scam works. Yes, it's the victims 'choice' to give them money. But they gave it with the promise of updates in return. That evidently hasn't happened

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Well, I am sure he has no legal case against Patreon the company, since I am sure Patreon says in the fine print that there is no legal recourse for supporting devs no matter what lies they tell on their Patreon pages, but it is still fraud, intelectually, if not legally, if the dev iies about his work on his game to maintain patrons under false pretenses. As we all know, there is not one iota of evidence that Bluecat has spend a single minute on game development since Halloween 2020.
This is from Patreon's site;
" Creators are responsible for benefits and content distribution. While it is discouraged, it is not a violation of our terms if a creator doesn't deliver the expected benefits. If you have contacted the creator and have not received a response, Patreon may offer a refund at our sole discretion."
So, Patreon has their ass covered. A patron can ask for a refund should they feel the need, and Patreon may step in if said refund is refused by the creator but the slippery slope in legaleeze would probably be fruitless for the patron getting anything back. It's a case of "Learn to manage your money smarter" sadly.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
we get new content end of the month? heck yeah (i personally have given upon the merge after beginning this year)
You're right to give up on the merge. It's technically still being worked on, but focus has moved onto new content. Even then, I'd keep your expectations low as they've yet to prove they can get anything out recently.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
This is from Patreon's site;
" Creators are responsible for benefits and content distribution. While it is discouraged, it is not a violation of our terms if a creator doesn't deliver the expected benefits. If you have contacted the creator and have not received a response, Patreon may offer a refund at our sole discretion."
So, Patreon has their ass covered. A patron can ask for a refund should they feel the need, and Patreon may step in if said refund is refused by the creator but the slippery slope in legaleeze would probably be fruitless for the patron getting anything back. It's a case of "Learn to manage your money smarter" sadly.
Awesome.. now i can get that refund and dedicate that to some worthy 'start-up' avns that need the support and earned it

YLuffy94

Feb 19, 2018
Skummy Ecchi I feel bad for you man, You have pretty much explained your actions on this forum/topic being that you defended BlueCat because you believed in his word about what was going on but everyone seems to be throwing alot of the hate towards you aswell, which quite frankly is incredibly dumb. Sure you were always trying to keep the faith alive in here but that is literally what fans of anything would do if a delay happened to something they enjoyed or were interested in.
Everyone doesnt seem to understand that the person who was fooled the most wasnt any of them, It was you Skummy, You got fooled so badly that even your reputation on this site is in jeopardy..

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Skummy Ecchi I feel bad for you man, You have pretty much explained your actions on this forum/topic being that you defended BlueCat because you believed in his word about what was going on but everyone seems to be throwing alot of the hate towards you aswell, which quite frankly is incredibly dumb. Sure you were always trying to keep the faith alive in here but that is literally what fans of anything would do if a delay happened to something they enjoyed or were interested in.
Everyone doesnt seem to understand that the person who was fooled the most wasnt any of them, It was you Skummy, You got fooled so badly that even your reputation on this site is in jeopardy..
Ignorance can only be an excuse for so long, before you become complicit in it. Faking innocence only works when it's a one off thing. When it lasts for over a year and you continue to lie for someone else, it gets fairly suspicious. I'd like to believe that nobody can be that stupid and gullible

Besides that, when he said he was a pr rep for bluecat, he said that he wanted to take the heat and distract everyone. Because bluecat is too lazy to bother speaking to people himself. So naturally, people will be equally as annoyed with both of them. That shouldn't surprise you

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Maybe he was fooled, but that's if you believe that everything he has said to date came directly from Bluecat (and is the truth). Skummy admits being the PR, which is to keep BC's image good and seemingly honest here about his work on the game. He also said he was friends with BC so there is motive for him to reasonably lie for his friend.
If BC DID say those thing and if Skummy is THAT gullible (as EdensRest has mentioned) to blindly believe BC then he has little choice but to take the flak for defending and advocating BC and the justly resulting backlash of having the game in limbo for so long. Especially after having relayed post after post over the past 12+ months of "promises" of incoming updates/the merge that have gone and went without legitimate evidence.
There is 10 days left for his last assurance that something will come out this month, so I guess we'll see if this "prognostication" reveals the truth or is just another empty platitude.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Ignorance can only be an excuse for so long, before you become complicit in it. Faking innocence only works when it's a one off thing. When it lasts for over a year and you continue to lie for someone else, it gets fairly suspicious. I'd like to believe that nobody can be that stupid and gullible

Besides that, when he said he was a pr rep for bluecat, he said that he wanted to take the heat and distract everyone. Because bluecat is too lazy to bother speaking to people himself. So naturally, people will be equally as annoyed with both of them. That shouldn't surprise you
My last straw was when they decided that posting pointless memes all day long on discord instead of actual progress and development news.. probably cos there wasnt any...

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
So if I understand it correctly I have to download each week, so to say 1, 2 and 3 to play this game with all its content, right?
Yes. Though you don't need to have later weeks downloaded to player the earlier weeks, so you can download while you play. Each Week also has it's own individual patch in LewdPatcher.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Bluecat, or whoever actually made the game Ecchi Sensei we see here, since Bluecat seems to not know how to do anything related to "his" game, doesn't deserve one dollar while these other devs are out there are working to provide content for their fans.
That's something i've wondered about as well, from what we've learned from the dev team it doesn't seem like BC actually does anything noticeable.

Is he merely the "writer" on the team? Is he the dude who supposedly is coordinating things?

All i've read so far either paints BC as a complete knobhead who let himself get hoodwinked by 1 or 2 members of the team or someone who found a neat way to keep milking his supporters by the constant promises of updates to come.

Or maybe it's both, i don't know.

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
That's something i've wondered about as well, from what we've learned from the dev team it doesn't seem like BC actually does anything noticeable.

Is he merely the "writer" on the team? Is he the dude who supposedly is coordinating things?

All i've read so far either paints BC as a complete knobhead who let himself get hoodwinked by 1 or 2 members of the team or someone who found a neat way to keep milking his supporters by the constant promises of updates to come.

Or maybe it's both, i don't know.
I think you pretty much nailed the evaluation

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Mahony

Jun 2, 2017
Giving 2/1 odds on BlueCat posting another "update" about progress this week so he doesn't get an abandoned tag on F95.

Whatever happened to this plan B he was promising the end of last year to guarantee he'd have an update by February? :KEK:

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
Giving 2/1 odds on BlueCat posting another "update" about progress this week so he doesn't get an abandoned tag on F95.

Whatever happened to this plan B he was promising the end of last year to guarantee he'd have an update by February? :KEK:
probably got lost together with the translations for all the weeks already released that he needed for the merger

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

If its just a post and not a game update then the tag still goes on at the end of the month.

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020

From what I've heard, it seems like he's the one that writes the script and makes all the renders, which means he is responsible for the "content" of the game (and we do have to give him credit for that). However, even with an engine as simple as Renpy, there's a lot of work between those assets and an actual game; UI creation, actually implementing the script, managing save data, and probably more I haven't thought of. This is what BC seems to have trouble with, and what he's tried to shift off to other people. It's a unfortunately common scenario where a creative type has a great "design" but fails to actually "develop" their idea into a workable product due to a lack of the necessary technical skills.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
We'll see what happens with all of this, and I still have the ability to repair my reputation if this goes south by ditching this if this goes down one more time. I'm an idiot but I know when its time to bail, and when the abandoned tag comes into play is it. Till then I'll be here, waiting for this nightmare to end and banging my head against the wall, because this whole situation is stupid.

Back to lurking I go!

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes