DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
dang, will there be in future updates? or at least letting us know they got kids?
The letting him know might be an interesting idea. Need to think how I would incorporate that.

In the version I am playing 2.2. You only get to play the card game with 2 girls, Anya and Seaphras the elf girl. I can't get any of the other girls to play cards. Is that normal or am I missing a step? Or do I have to start over to play different paths to play other girls?
On day 2 if you talk with the patrons on the tavern you can play vs Brin. In day 2 also if you go to the secondary roads you can play vs Astrid. Or you can work the oddjobs and gain some money for the next days and go to the Courtesan's palace and play any of the girls there(Elara, Elowyn, Isla). You can play Isolde on day 3 on the tavern for example too. And you can play Anya, Seraphina and Brin a second time on the following days(Or any of the girls of the courtesan's palace)

Ralphie

Jan 10, 2018
If you could just play forever on a single day you would get to the parts of the story where you need to fight someone and you would already be super overpowered.
And... so what? It's not that the player hasn't earned the win, they just earned it in advance through grinding.

SimpForCorruption

Jan 29, 2022
Fantastic quality ai images. Of the various games with AI images I have played, this one by far has the best art quality. Not 100% of everything is perfect, as the above post mentions, but most are fantastic and better than any of the other games with ai images I have played.

Good stuff.

Edit: For those wondering what sorts of general funkiness you may see with ai images during sex scenes, here are the very few things that are funky i have seen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And i want to reiterate again, this game has fantastic images and the couple of funky ai things didn't stand out to me at all during my first playthrough. I only noticed any funkiness at all after I played through again and specifically was looking for them.

Edit 2: I subbed to the patreon, and joined the discord for this game's development. The developer is very responsive to notes about specific images in specific scenes that are off in ways like mentioned above and will work on fixes when you point them out in the discord.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DeviantDreamsGames

Jhon1009

Sep 9, 2018
The letting him know might be an interesting idea. Need to think how I would incorporate that.

On day 2 if you talk with the patrons on the tavern you can play vs Brin. In day 2 also if you go to the secondary roads you can play vs Astrid. Or you can work the oddjobs and gain some money for the next days and go to the Courtesan's palace and play any of the girls there(Elara, Elowyn, Isla). You can play Isolde on day 3 on the tavern for example too. And you can play Anya, Seraphina and Brin a second time on the following days(Or any of the girls of the courtesan's palace)
I know that at this point you already have the idea created and it is very difficult to change the game. But just as a tip, it would be good if instead of days it were more about choices to advance the story so that the game would not take you to the title screen at the end of day 5. For example, mark in red the option that will help you to advance in the story and in green the secondary ones such as getting permission to leave the city and leave white those that are something permanent such as going to the card store.
And so the player could do all the content in a single game without worrying about time. But I don't want to bother you or burden you, I'm just telling you this as advice, I don't want you to take it the wrong way. Anyway, as I said in my other publication, I really liked the game, good job.;) (y)

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Brin has a very long contorted pussy. Look where it ends.
Thanks for reporting! I've missed that one, will fix it!

Fantastic quality ai images. Of the various games with AI images I have played, this one by far has the best art quality. Not 100% of everything is perfect, as the above post mentions, but most are fantastic and better than any of the other games with ai images I have played.

Good stuff.
Thank you!!! I will keep improving to bring even more quality in the future! :)

I know that at this point you already have the idea created and it is very difficult to change the game. But just as a tip, it would be good if instead of days it were more about choices to advance the story so that the game would not take you to the title screen at the end of day 5. For example, mark in red the option that will help you to advance in the story and in green the secondary ones such as getting permission to leave the city and leave white those that are something permanent such as going to the card store.
And so the player could do all the content in a single game without worrying about time. But I don't want to bother you or burden you, I'm just telling you this as advice, I don't want you to take it the wrong way. Anyway, as I said in my other publication, I really liked the game, good job.;) (y)
The marking the text/choices that progresses would be a neat idea. I'll put that on the brainstorm/future possible ideas list. Thanks for the suggestion! And happy you liked it :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Melmoth99
Nov 20, 2023
The game captivated me, the duel mechanics were very good, it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy 8.
One suggestion, if valid, is to allow the game to continue after the created days have passed, in a kind of loop, either to get more cards or even carry out actions to unlock city events, which have not been carried out before.
This allows for better gameplay and enjoyment of the game.

Panther Lily

Apr 18, 2021
Gonna ask just in case since I do like the premise of the game. Are there plans to add a female(or futa) protagonist option in the future? if there are I would love to play this game when that happens

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
The game captivated me, the duel mechanics were very good, it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy 8.
One suggestion, if valid, is to allow the game to continue after the created days have passed, in a kind of loop, either to get more cards or even carry out actions to unlock city events, which have not been carried out before.
This allows for better gameplay and enjoyment of the game.
Thank you! :) that's an interesting idea, to loop it after the end of the days. Will think on that one!

Gonna ask just in case since I do like the premise of the game. Are there plans to add a female(or futa) protagonist option in the future? if there are I would love to play this game when that happens
There was a short scene where I planned to do that but only temporarly on a sexscene with Elowyn. I tried to do it but I didn't like how it turned out so I scraped it. I might revisit that, but it would only be a temporary thing, for example transformation for that specific sex scene.

Amarinth12

Nov 9, 2022
Honestly, I don't see why people turned off by pure AI generated CG like this one, I guess it's their personal bias?. I mean, characters are objectively beautiful, much more emphasize on meaty body parts (like armpits and hips) than your typical hand drawn characters which make more hot, and the poses are more dynamic than usual hand drawn. I share the sentiment about the controversy of using other artist's assets without their permission as input source for CG, but I can't deny it's hot.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
This is for the Dev:

It would be nice to allow an infinite number of days to explore, play card challenges, work, and to meet others in this VN/Game before the VN triggers the attack on the town by Day 5. Maybe you can look at changing how you trigger events like by being called to meet Lilith, or by traveling outside the city and being discovered by Lilith's guards. Things that the MC can do to avoid triggering the attack on the town. As it is now, the attack happens on Day 5 regardless.

Makes playing this very limited and I enjoy the banter between characters, the history of the town and country, and ways to become better at Challenge Card Games, as well as the very good Character renders.

Reactions: Melmoth99

Panther Lily

Apr 18, 2021
Thank you! :) that's an interesting idea, to loop it after the end of the days. Will think on that one!

There was a short scene where I planned to do that but only temporarly on a sexscene with Elowyn. I tried to do it but I didn't like how it turned out so I scraped it. I might revisit that, but it would only be a temporary thing, for example transformation for that specific sex scene.
Thank you for the reply, sadly this game doesn't seem like it's for me then. If I can't be a gay woman I just can't get into the game at all. Good luck with the game though I hope you accomplish all you set out to do.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
BUG

Scene with Elowyn

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/cardgame.rpy", line 963, in <module>
NameError: name 'officialbattle' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/engine.rpyc", line 88, in script call
  File "game/cardgame.rpyc", line 963, in script
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Echoes 0.2.2
Mon Feb 12 17:30:23 2024

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
Like the characters are not part of the background at all, it just looks like some tavern placeholder art rather than an actual place.

Like the characters could be at the table talking to each other with other customers around them. As it is the characters dont feel like they are actually a part of the world.

Like using an example from another games intro I just have Downloaded... here the talking is actually behind the bar, actually feels like he is a part of the world.

View attachment 3346118

Feels like he is actually talking to the main character

View attachment 3346121

From a few scenes later, the characters FEEL like they are in an office and actually doing work.

View attachment 3346124
You are taking a 10/10 game when it comes to quality and writing and comparing it to an AI generated game, not really fair. Though I totally agree with your point. It isnt style, it is just what AI can poop out, and AI tend to combine objects with people or people with people ;).

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
BUG

Scene with Elowyn

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/engine.rpyc", line 88, in script call
  File "game/cardgame.rpyc", line 963, in script
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\D Games\EchoesCardsOfDestiny-0.2.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Echoes 0.2.2
Mon Feb 12 17:30:23 2024
That seems a bug between versions. Are you loading a save from 0.1.8?

futa can be avoid?
Yep, totally avoidable. All sex scenes are avoidable.

You are taking a 10/10 game when it comes to quality and writing and comparing it to an AI generated game, not really fair. Though I totally agree with your point. It isnt style, it is just what AI can poop out, and AI tend to combine objects with people or people with people ;).
I'm not really getting your point. It's a question of style, yes. Every screenshot he put there is completely doable in AI

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes