S52968

Jul 24, 2021
I'm having issues with beating Vinland on Hard. What's a good setup? There's a page in the wiki that recommends Vinland after the Indies, but I can't beat the last fight. My big problem is that I can't kill either Drake or Teach fast enough, no matter the setup one of them survives and combined with the mostly untouched backline I lose troops too quickly. I'm on turn 50 something since I spent a bunch of turns gathering gold to buy more troops since I got stuck before at a much lower turn count.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
I'm having issues with beating Vinland on Hard. What's a good setup? There's a page in the wiki that recommends Vinland after the Indies, but I can't beat the last fight. My big problem is that I can't kill either Drake or Teach fast enough, no matter the setup one of them survives and combined with the mostly untouched backline I lose troops too quickly. I'm on turn 50 something since I spent a bunch of turns gathering gold to buy more troops since I got stuck before at a much lower turn count.
It really depends - what did you migrate? Which bonuses did you start with etc? Or is this a clean hard run?
If you started the run with say Magoroku, retaining skills and a few bonus items you could easily start the battle with 5 Brave, and then Chihaya can easily take out the middle row (not even the best strategy, but you get the idea). But I guess it is a clean run. Because if you had it would not even be hard to beat that battle on Turn 9.

It has been a few years since I beat this game on Hard, so I may misremember what attacks the enemies have available on that difficulty.

Do not put anyone in the central front square, so that Teach can't reach anyone with his guns (or rather 1 person with a richochet shot). This makes Teach waste a few turns moving around, preferable even forward (so that your frontliners can more easily reach him too). Make use of type disadvantage to farm Brave when Vinland attacks, and try to avoid attacking with type advantage, if you don't do significant damage (less of an issue if they don't have dangerous attacks to spend their Brave on). Also make use of Perry to soften up Teach, and farm some brave. Basically the techniques at your disposal will determine how to take out Drake, Teach and Awilda. Those are the hard hitters, William Kidd does not do much.

Also if you are struggling to keep your units alive, try to speed up Himiko (if you have items available for that), and use her to heal. Since it is a timeless battle, you can keep on healing when the battle is basically won, so as to replenish your troops fully. Obviously easier if a slower unit than Teach survives.

S52968

Jul 24, 2021
This is a clean run. I think I've tried keeping the central front square empty? Or maybe it was the previous fight. So you build brave faster when there's no type advantage? One of the strategies I've been trying is to keep Masamune alive long enough to launch her 3 brave point attack down the centre. If I do get it off it generally kills at least one and badly injures the other two, but Masamune dies quite a lot. Super frustrating too that like 90% of the time I'll match Teach's speed but she'll get to go first. It feels like it should be 50/50 but it's not.

Edit: lol, apparently quoting is really hard to get right when the tablet's on screen keyboard takes up half of it.

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
Jast Gold 1.01 patch and Seiso patch

Thanks a lot!

But what is "Seiso patch," though? Anything particular about the label I should know? Like, what/who is "Seiso"?

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
This is a clean run. I think I've tried keeping the central front square empty? Or maybe it was the previous fight. So you build brave faster when there's no type advantage?
You get lots of Brave when there is no type advantage when you attack. You get NO Brave when there is type advantage when you attack. Likewise, if the enemy has type advantage, you suffer big damage, BUT get Brave. And the enemy does not get Brave. If the enemy does not have type advantage, damage is reduced, BUT they build Brave (and you don't).

One way to exploit this, is boosting attack of multi-hitting characters (Montezuma's 2 Brave 3x attack for instance), because Brave gets awarded on a PER INDIVIDUAL ATTACK basis (this can also really screw you over if you fill the opponent's Brave bar due to type advantage). Then your next hero can do massive damage.

This game is mostly about building Brave, and if you can utilise the above mentioned game mechanics to perfection, this battle should not be THAT hard. Frustrating at times, due to Teach, sure. But winning it should not be that hard - winning it with low / no casualties will be another challenge altogether though.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
ES GOLD - WWX Edition v1.4 is up on Sukebei.
Is this a stand along or do I have to insert these into the game I have. The version of the game I have had to be installed and only works with Jap local enabled. Unlike the first Enyu Senki where I can just click an executable and does not require me to use Jap local.

I got mixed up was thinking about a different game Thanks for Torrent link. 9.83 gigs though... the Jast ver I have is only 6.8 gigs. is there really that much more content in this Ver?

Last edited:

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
WWX Edition is based on Jast's Gold v1.01 and contains all it's content inside, so you should discount that size (it's 3,4 Gb, not sure where you got 6,8 Gb from). Other than that, it uses no more space than it really needs right now, with small exception of ESC stuff from 1.4, which does include extra database files for potential development of additional ESC content.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
WWX Edition is based on Jast's Gold v1.01 and contains all it's content inside, so you should discount that size (it's 3,4 Gb, not sure where you got 6,8 Gb from). Other than that, it uses no more space than it really needs right now, with small exception of ESC stuff from 1.4, which does include extra database files for potential development of additional ESC content.

I think the Jast ver I have has all the patches that may be why the folder is 6.8 not sure was just curious why the torrent is 9.8G not that I particularly care about size(already DL'd ) I sure appreciate you providing it. Thanks!

commandergriffen

Sep 8, 2020
Okay so just to be clear I should:
1- Download the main game and install it.
2- Download the V1.01 patch and install it.
3- Download the Seiso patch and install it.
Then the game should be playable and up to date right?

Then the ES GOLD - WWX Edition v1.4 is the same as the V1.01 version and also has the Seiso patch but also has "visual novel" content (eg. CG's) of the mobile version of the game but not any gameplay aspects like the units themselves.

So can anyone tell me is the ES GOLD - WWX Edition v1.4 worth downloading instead? Like does it add any worthwhile scenes such as new h-scenes, is it fully translated/voiced and isn't buggy? And if I do download it must I add any patches to this one or is it already playable?

I just finished Eiyu Senki World Conquest and would like to play the most complete version of this game.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya25

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
The most complete version of this game (ES Gold) would be Jast v1.01 with Seiso patch. WWX is essentially a different game and has no direct relations to original ES or Gold, aside from being in the same multiverse (there's an ongoing subplot in WWX about multiple parallel worlds).

WWX Edition does include new H-scenes, by a quick count - 340+ new H-scenes (excluding all re-used H-scenes from previous games). Though, on average, they are shorter than H-scenes in base ES/Gold.
It's not fully translated. We imported translation from the English version of WWX, but it covers about 40-50% of the content. And since English WWX is dead, there's basically a 0% chance of further translation to come.
It's partially voiced (only H-scenes). Though, ESC content from 1.4 has more extensive voice acting.

No bugs (at least nobody reported any). There's a small room for bugs when you only read text 100% of the time (and I do check every new piece of the script before patch releases).

It's playable as it is. Technically, you can play the original Gold campaign in WWX Edition, and it will be identical to Jast Gold v1.01. But if you start WWX content (specifically chapter 1 of the WWX campaign), it will grant you maximum action points after its completion. Which does affect the intended balance of Gold.

Last edited:

commandergriffen

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks for answering, I will first finish playing Gold but I'll definitely go through the WWX Edition after for the new content. Thanks for your work I appreciate your efforts.

Linear45

Jul 10, 2021
ES GOLD - WWX Edition v1.4 is up on Sukebei.
How do I revert the alternate costume back to original? (Example: Bunny Billy to Regular Billy, or Swimsuit Himiko to Regular Himiko)

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
How do I revert the alternate costume back to the original? (Example: Bunny Billy to Regular Billy, or Swimsuit Himiko to Regular Himiko)
Not quite sure what you are asking about. You only see alternate versions of character costumes in certain events where they are required to wear those costumes as part of the story. Obviously, there's no functionality to revert them.

Linear45

Jul 10, 2021
Not quite sure what you are asking about. You only see alternate versions of character costumes in certain events where they are required to wear those costumes as part of the story. Obviously, there's no functionality to revert them.
Thank you for your reply. Well, for example, this is from Vlad's event. She's wearing her costume instead of her regular one. Is it possible to change it?

ex01.png

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes