cgmcnama

Oct 10, 2017
So I download the 9.9 GB torrent (v1.5.0.3 Final) and it's standalone or do I copy/paste to the base game? Just want to make sure as I just finished updating Gold and then found out WWX existed.

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
It's standalone. You can play original Gold campaign in it.
There's only one difference: if you start reading WWX content, you automatically unlock extra Action points, which will affect your Gold campaign.

Reactions: dnfeed

PanasonicUI

Aug 2, 2022
It's standalone. You can play original Gold campaign in it.
There's only one difference: if you start reading WWX content, you automatically unlock extra Action points, which will affect your Gold campaign.
Does this mean that all those fixes/patches and such are included in your torrent? If so awesome! I was really starting to lose myself in what I would need to do first so that things didn't conflict and blackscreen the game.

If not, could you tell me what I need to add to the game? Thanks!

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
Does this mean that all those fixes/patches and such are included in your torrent? If so awesome! I was really starting to lose myself in what I would need to do first so that things didn't conflict and blackscreen the game.

If not, could you tell me what I need to add to the game? Thanks!
WWX Edition v1.5.0.3 includes everything, you don't need to apply any additional patches/fixes.

TheRay

Apr 9, 2019
Just started playing the game, took a break to search for item Synthesis guide, and discovered that it seems you need multiple playthroughs to get all items coz each playthrough has limited items/resources (faulty design IMO since this is neither a survival nor time-limited game). Since I prefer to do things seriously in one playthrough, I want to know a few things:
- What are the things that got carried over from one playthrough to another?
- Is there any extra boss/content that you can do only in new playthrough?
- What does the extra difficulty do? Does it also makes the AI "smarter"? (I played in normal and there were times when the enemy did not finish off my low health character, allowing her to take a turn and reverse the situation)

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Just started playing the game, took a break to search for item Synthesis guide, and discovered that it seems you need multiple playthroughs to get all items coz each playthrough has limited items/resources (faulty design IMO since this is neither a survival nor time-limited game). Since I prefer to do things seriously in one playthrough, I want to know a few things:
- What are the things that got carried over from one playthrough to another?
- Is there any extra boss/content that you can do only in new playthrough?
- What does the extra difficulty do? Does it also makes the AI "smarter"? (I played in normal and there were times when the enemy did not finish off my low health character, allowing her to take a turn and reverse the situation)
1) These are the things you can carry over in NG+: (Check the New Game+ Bonus table)
2) No there is not!
3) The enemy in Nightmare Difficulty has 6X times the troops/strength of Normal Difficulty AND you cannot upgrade your troops past 9999 by any means.

Reactions: TheRay

TheRay

Apr 9, 2019
1) These are the things you can carry over in NG+: (Check the New Game+ Bonus table)
2) No there is not!
3) The enemy in Nightmare Difficulty has 6X times the troops/strength of Normal Difficulty AND you cannot upgrade your troops past 9999 by any means.
Thanks. Guess a new playthrough isn't worth it. I'll just study which item(s) that matters, restart the game, and play seriously on the new one.

CrazyMoonDragonPunk

Formerly 'ChippaiFan'
Aug 28, 2022
WWX Edition v1.5.0.3 includes everything, you don't need to apply any additional patches/fixes.
I absolutely love that you found a way to save WWX, but as I read through it I am absolutely crushed to see there is so so so many unique sprites and CGs just locked away in this game. There isn't even a fan book/art book for them. Is there any updates on getting a more full featured WWX port. Or really is there any news on fans saving this game?!?

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
I absolutely love that you found a way to save WWX, but as I read through it I am absolutely crushed to see there is so so so many unique sprites and CGs just locked away in this game. There isn't even a fan book/art book for them. Is there any updates on getting a more full featured WWX port. Or really is there any news on fans saving this game?!?
The development of my port is finished, it does include everything we originally planned to do.
I know there's a Chinese mode, which implements some WWX characters gameplay-wise. But I don't know any details about it so don't ask me what it's current state or how to find it.
And there's a offline remake of WWX supposedly in development by Tenco. Though at this point there's no much info about it.

Reactions: CrazyMoonDragonPunk

CrazyMoonDragonPunk

Formerly 'ChippaiFan'
Aug 28, 2022
The development of my port is finished, it does include everything we originally planned to do.
I know there's a Chinese mode, which implements some WWX characters gameplay-wise. But I don't know any details about it so don't ask me what it's current state or how to find it.
And there's a offline remake of WWX supposedly in development by Tenco. Though at this point there's no much info about it.
I just wanted to say how freaking incredible this project is and how greatful for yalls work. I learned about WWX well after it was dead but after I found and fell in love with the series.

I have the free mode turned on, but the gallery is still basically completely empty. Is there a save file floating around online I could download that has a full gallery unlock?

I have the fan book/art books for the first two games and was bummed to learn there was never a book created for this one as there is ton and tons of unique art just for WWX. Is it possible to open the .dat files to save out all the sprites and CGs? There is tons I can't even find online that are just locked away in this abandoned game.

Anyways thanks again!
(Sorry for the double message as I posted this comment on VNDB too.)

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
I just wanted to say how freaking incredible this project is and how greatful for yalls work. I learned about WWX well after it was dead but after I found and fell in love with the series.

I have the free mode turned on, but the gallery is still basically completely empty. Is there a save file floating around online I could download that has a full gallery unlock?

I have the fan book/art books for the first two games and was bummed to learn there was never a book created for this one as there is ton and tons of unique art just for WWX. Is it possible to open the .dat files to save out all the sprites and CGs? There is tons I can't even find online that are just locked away in this abandoned game.

Anyways thanks again!
(Sorry for the double message as I posted this comment on VNDB too.)
Free Mode doesn't fill the Gallery section by default, it unlocks H-scenes in the Scenes section. Playing those scenes will fill the gallery. And it only applied to WWX scenes, original Gold scenes aren't opened. WWX scenes start from page 4.
There's also a link posted on vndb if you need it raw asap.

CrazyMoonDragonPunk

Formerly 'ChippaiFan'
Aug 28, 2022
Free Mode doesn't fill the Gallery section by default, it unlocks H-scenes in the Scenes section. Playing those scenes will fill the gallery. And it only applied to WWX scenes, original Gold scenes aren't opened. WWX scenes start from page 4.
There's also a link posted on vndb if you need it raw asap.
Gotcha. Thanks again for all your work and answering my questions. Fingers crossed Tenco figures something out and keeps this franchise alive in some form. As a small chest fan, it was a gold mine. lol

RedPhantoms

May 4, 2017
yep it exist and here to find it just in case you are interested

as for the preview:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

RedPhantoms

May 4, 2017
Is it the latest version? I only see a link from Feb 22. I thought it was in more active development.
nope they do still update it tho those version is released on group ish. While i do fishing in baidu for cn hidden gem mod, my cn understanding is quite limited thus i have no idea how this group works lol.

1674155884262.png

here is the notice about the game update:

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
Ok, tnx for the info. Even though my Chinese is below zero, it's good to know that people still working on it.

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes