kezien

Jan 29, 2020
Hi ! I'm very new in this kind of strategy game. I tried the Rance serie a long time ago but it was too hard for me.
I have two very basic (I think ?) questions :
1 - Is there a guide anywhere ? I found a few for the "a world conquest" but not sure if the advices are still pertinent for this one.
2 - About the Max Troops vs. battle rank - I've been doing the first 2 fights several times with different tactics and outcomes. It seems the only way to get a S rank is to use only one unit in the fight. For the second fight, for example, if I use one unit, I get a S rank and my unit gain +40 in max troops. But then if I use two units, I get a A rank, but both my units get +50/60 max troops. It confuses me. I don't know if I should try to get the best ranks possible or always try to use most of my units as it seems they get even more max troops that way. The difference seems huge and I'm worried taking the wrong decision will ultimately mean game over in the long term. What should I do ?
Also, sorry if I'm asking tactical questions in the wrong place :s

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
What should I do ?
Also, sorry if I'm asking tactical questions in the wrong place :s
Not really much of a guide anywhere. Other than a few fights (such as Shambala, perhaps Russia), there is not that much challenge in the game, even on higher difficulties. Unless you set yourself the task of say finishing all countries by move 50 or something like that.

As for the bonus troops + battle rank. I think that Battle rank itself works on the basis of how many troops you bring to a battle. If you clearly outnumber the enemy you have to one-shot kill them to have a chance of getting rank S. But if you have fewer troops, you can take more time. But you can always save before a battle, and if you don't like the outcome, reload.

For the Japanese version info can be found here. Suspect it will also be fully applicable to the Jast USA version.

Battle rank is actually overrated. It gives you a bit extra money (but in the late game / higher difficulties it will be capped at 10k anyway), but the troop bonuses are not that big. And easily offset by getting the first attack in, or escaping any unit being destroyed, or even suffering damage whatsoever. There should be about 15 battle achievements that are possibly gainable. Some of those are extremely hard, while others are impossible to achieve in the early game (overkill by 10 000 for instance). Unless you are playing on hard difficulty, there is no reason to worry too much.

Reactions: kezien

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
It seems the only way to get a S rank is to use only one unit in the fight.
Not at all (and if you don't planning for 100 turn walkthrought using less then 6 units is a bad idea). To get S-rank you should perform greatly in battle : as baseline if you received both Blitzkrieg and nobody get hurt medals you will get a S-rank even if your units are outnumbering enemy massively.

Reactions: GreedyEmperor

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Fixed Aristotle event and uncensored CG for Sun Tzu / Qin Shi event. Unlocked scene gallery as a bonus.
If you're author of that patch - is that possible to have a copy of it without unlocking scene gallery? You know some players are trying to complete game normally.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Fixed Aristotle event and uncensored CG for Sun Tzu / Qin Shi event. Unlocked scene gallery as a bonus.
If you make 2 versions, I will put both in OP

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
how the hell the brave distribution works? for me it looks so random
It works based on advantage. Some classes have advantage over others while attacking indicated by the class symbols on the field getting a red/orange spiked ring when attacking/positioning your units. Attacking with advantage guarantees a critical hit but the opponent will gain extra brave points. Attacking without advantage does normal damage but gives you extra brave.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
how the hell the brave distribution works? for me it looks so random
It works based on advantage. Some classes have advantage over others while attacking indicated by the class symbols on the field getting a red/orange spiked ring when attacking/positioning your units. Attacking with advantage guarantees a critical hit but the opponent will gain extra brave points. Attacking without advantage does normal damage but gives you extra brave.
Brave points are generated based on damage dealt and are normally given to the attacker. Attacking with a class advantage deals more damage, but gives the defender the brave points instead. Check for more info and the class matchup chart.

Critical hits are a completely separate system based on a unit's LCK stat. Each point of LCK gives a 5% base chance to crit. Crits deal double damage, cancel/interrupt enemy skills that are charging, and ignore DEF, which is often the only reason why Siegfried can take damage at all (also why crit damage reduction items are great on her).

Last edited:

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Brave points are generated based on damage dealt and are normally given to the attacker. Attacking with a class advantage deals more damage, but gives the defender the brave points instead. Check for more info and the class matchup chart.

Critical hits are a completely separate system based on a unit's LCK stat. Each point of LCK gives a 5% base chance to crit. Crits deal double damage, cancel/interrupt enemy skills that are charging, and ignore DEF, which is often the only reason why Siegfried can take damage at all (also why crit damage reduction items are great on her).
So you can actually get a crit on top of the double damage of advantage?

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes