Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
I had this game ages ago and didn't get far into it I guess I got distracted but from what I gather here I should probably restart and get the fan translation? Looks like it has a lot more content!

J3andit

Nov 12, 2017
Have there been any news about GOLD?
Wasn't it also supposed to come out in the west (soonish)?

SoddyGoods

Feb 1, 2018
So is there no way to get the content from the fan translation working on the Steam version? I'd really rather play through the game on Steam since I already own it.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
dam this game is literally restart until you get a favorable turn order and don't get insta gimped near mid to end game. Having random turn orders despite speed stat is retarded and really screws you over. Having counter units to drain enemy brave before they basically two turn kill half your team is pure luck.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
dam this game is literally restart until you get a favorable turn order and don't get insta gimped near mid to end game. Having random turn orders despite speed stat is retarded and really screws you over. Having counter units to drain enemy brave before they basically two turn kill half your team is pure luck.
While there is a little bit of luck involved with regards to the turn order it is not much. Especially if you take the effort to increase troop numbers a bit from time to time. And don't bother with the useless ones (such as Tadataka Inou's). Make use of the brave generation mechanisms, the items you have, and you should be good to go.

You know exactly what you are fighting against before you even deploy troops. That is a massive advantage, and anyone should be able to exploit that well enough. And if you throw in the occasional restart, it is not even hard to play a game in which none of your units ever have been KO'd.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
While there is a little bit of luck involved with regards to the turn order it is not much. Especially if you take the effort to increase troop numbers a bit from time to time. And don't bother with the useless ones (such as Tadataka Inou's). Make use of the brave generation mechanisms, the items you have, and you should be good to go.

You know exactly what you are fighting against before you even deploy troops. That is a massive advantage, and anyone should be able to exploit that well enough. And if you throw in the occasional restart, it is not even hard to play a game in which none of your units ever have been KO'd.
I was doing that with Cesar with like -25 wait total, gave Himiko the item that gives brave every turn, using Palamedes to steal brave and Michelangelo to zero out enemy brave. However that final fight against britannia is horrid since nearly everything you do against them generates brave for them. By the time Galahad goes she one shots the entire rearline, if unlucky Arthur uses excaliber and well insta kills the middle row.

Pretty much got so fed up with it I undid the entire turn and used all 3 ancient heroes against them with -1000 dmg items and Atlas's hyber barrier, Enkidu's wall of Babylon and fnished them off with Gilgamesh.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
I was doing that with Cesar with like -25 wait total, gave Himiko the item that gives brave every turn, using Palamedes to steal brave and Michelangelo to zero out enemy brave. However that final fight against britannia is horrid since nearly everything you do against them generates brave for them. By the time Galahad goes she one shots the entire rearline, if unlucky Arthur uses excaliber and well insta kills the middle row.

Pretty much got so fed up with it I undid the entire turn and used all 3 ancient heroes against them with -1000 dmg items and Atlas's hyber barrier, Enkidu's wall of Babylon and fnished them off with Gilgamesh.
That Britannia fight is one of the harder in the entire game. Hardest are of course in Shambhala.

Sometimes you just have to bring your A-team. Ancient heroes, Billy the Kid (Bandits is really nice for mass extermination) can do wonders. A dead enemy can't damage you or generate brave.

Draining brave is rather inefficient to deal with foes. A better method is simply using attacks that do not have type advantage, since that will greatly reduce the amount of brave opponents get. That might not be easy to pull off, but usually arts (hardly ever useful AOE attacks though), and bows can be extremely useful for that. Not only do enemies not get brave in such cases, you can get a boatload of brave yourself as well, if you damage foes without type advantage. Throw attacks are usually weak, but don't have many type advantages either.

The other thing you can do is put some brave bait on the front lines. If the enemy attacks with type advantage you're the one that is getting the brave. You can use sturdy units like Rasputin for that for instance.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Have there been any news about GOLD?
Wasn't it also supposed to come out in the west (soonish)?
No, there has been no word on gold getting translated.

JAST sent a cease and desist to the translation project and they own the rights and want to make money if they decide to ever translate it but as it stands it isn't in the works.

Reactions: J3andit

Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
No, there has been no word on gold getting translated.

JAST sent a cease and desist to the translation project and they own the rights and want to make money if they decide to ever translate it but as it stands it isn't in the works.
well iheared it will come out this year but dont know when

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
im finally trying this and am about 30 minutes in so far, honestly i gotta say im a bit disappointed, helping this retard conquer the world is a terrible story, other than that i enjoy it. im hoping there's a chance of betrayal later

himiko worst girl :cautious:

Shinsal

Sep 8, 2018
I was about to download, then GOLD was supposedly getting an official translation...

Guess I'll wait

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes