ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Now that I know the name of the two character that doesn't have a story and such (nothing at all), by any chance someone can tell me where Hiraga Gennai and Hijikata Toshizo are from? Because on VNDB, under the Char page there's nothing at all; neither under the Char page of GOLD. So.. these two are imported by any chance from Rance? Or some games like this? Because honestly I'm struggling to understand where these two come from :pokerFace:

EDIT: Ah... wait... maybe I've to click "show spoiler"...
EDIT 2: Nope. Even if I click "spoil me" there's no trace at all of these two char.
They appear to be PS Vita exclusive characters. Drawn by guest artists. Guess no one bothered to add them to VNDB.

Reactions: Bloo and brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
They appear to be PS Vita exclusive characters. Drawn by guest artists. Guess no one bothered to add them to VNDB.
...and seems that someone didn't even bothered to make them some good story. Gennai I mean.. I never used it (and honestly speaking, I never used any of the "Magic" type of unit because yeah, they can be useful but are so weak to everything that die instantly), but Hijikata was an awesome char and I used her 'till the end, at every battle (offensive and defensive) :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: ponyguy

destroying101

Jul 25, 2017
Copy the "Save" attached in OP to ~/Saved Games/TENCO/あなたをあきらめるつもりはありません/UserData/ for the fan translation or ~/Saved Games/JAST/Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest/UserData/ for the JAST version. It unlocks everything in the gallery and works with either version.
Thanks for the help

BluePerson

Jul 6, 2017
Now that I know the name of the two character that doesn't have a story and such (nothing at all), by any chance someone can tell me where Hiraga Gennai and Hijikata Toshizo are from? Because on VNDB, under the Char page there's nothing at all; neither under the Char page of GOLD. So.. these two are imported by any chance from Rance? Or some games like this? Because honestly I'm struggling to understand where these two come from :pokerFace:

EDIT: Ah... wait... maybe I've to click "show spoiler"...
EDIT 2: Nope. Even if I click "spoil me" there's no trace at all of these two char.
Aren't they just random historical characters?

Fdna

Jun 9, 2017
jeez i can't beat Alexander,and i even conquered the South Sease and all the USA :v ,she's freaking strong

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Aren't they just random historical characters?
Like ponyguy said before, are Char exclusively added in the PsVita version of the game!
...or did you ask something completely different? xD

So I'm downloading from Jast USA version. Is this the first game or the second game that came out?
First. Then came out GOLD, but doesn't matter because the two of them are not connected in any way - exception made for some of the Char.

jeez i can't beat Alexander,and i even conquered the South Sease and all the USA :v ,she's freaking strong
The only one that I had problem with... was Russia. Rasputin. At least until I discovered a shortcut for attacking her from behind xD
Unless you unlock that shortcut from another country, you're pretty much screwed because your unit gets halved :pokerFace:

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Like ponyguy said before, are Char exclusively added in the PsVita version of the game!
...or did you ask something completely different? XD
I think he was answering your question with another question. I assume he assumed you were asking about the actual historical figures they were based on. Which, of course, they are based on real life people. While I originally assumed you were just asking about the in-game character's origins themselves and their lack of info on VNDB, and not their historical origins.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I think he was answering your question with another question. I assume he assumed you were asking about the actual historical figures they were based on. Which, of course, they are based on real life people. While I originally assumed you were just asking about the in-game character's origins themselves and their lack of info on VNDB, and not their historical origins.
...there are so much "Assume" in here that my brain can't take it anymore xD

Night

Nov 7, 2016
the way difficulty is handled in this game is really bad in some ways, it's true that attacking countries outside of the intended order dos make the game way way harder but it also ruins a lot of the game, say you have 3 options, one very hard country, one moderately hard country and one easy country and you go for the hard one first and win, now the other 2 countries are a complete joke difficulty wise do to the build up necessary to take the very hard one.

this is why the modded in difficulty select from the fan patch is so important as it allows you to make the game challenging even when playing the intended easy to hard order (iirc it was a feature from gold that was hacked in).

Orion_Hunts

Aug 6, 2017
I remember playing this back when Surferdude first translated it. It's fun but it's basically just a super easy version of Sengoku Rance. Night really hit it dead on above me. The custom difficulty from the fan patch is honestly essential.

In addition even with it this game is still super easy thanks to its design. To anyone having any trouble keep in mind that outside a few specific situations where you need to rush to conquer some place this game has no actual turn limits. This means that you can grind endlessly to make the game however easy you want it to be. Just keep passing turns at your base. You rack up a ton of gold and your base gets attacked by thieves occasionally when you pass multiple turns in a row without doing anything. This is actually a good thing since they're really weak and you can grind against them while also stocking up on gold. Once I realized that it really takes all the fun out of it. I grinded for awhile and then rushed through the end game in just a few hours. Because of that design it makes it so you don't really need a strategy to win, despite this being a strategy game.

Still an amusing game although it really could have benefited from a hard mode where there was a turn limit. I'd love to play GOLD so hopefully it will get an official translation. There was a fan patch in the works for GOLD but they got shutdown by DMCA from Tenco so it seems like they at least plan on localizing the game themselves one day.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I remember playing this back when Surferdude first translated it. It's fun but it's basically just a super easy version of Sengoku Rance. Night really hit it dead on above me. The custom difficulty from the fan patch is honestly essential.

In addition even with it this game is still super easy thanks to its design. To anyone having any trouble keep in mind that outside a few specific situations where you need to rush to conquer some place this game has no actual turn limits. This means that you can grind endlessly to make the game however easy you want it to be. Just keep passing turns at your base. You rack up a ton of gold and your base gets attacked by thieves occasionally when you pass multiple turns in a row without doing anything. This is actually a good thing since they're really weak and you can grind against them while also stocking up on gold. Once I realized that it really takes all the fun out of it. I grinded for awhile and then rushed through the end game in just a few hours. Because of that design it makes it so you don't really need a strategy to win, despite this being a strategy game.

Still an amusing game although it really could have benefited from a hard mode where there was a turn limit. I'd love to play GOLD so hopefully it will get an official translation. There was a fan patch in the works for GOLD but they got shutdown by DMCA from Tenco so it seems like they at least plan on localizing the game themselves one day.
Not sure the last portion of what you said will happen. There was some buzz saying that JAST was supposedly translating GOLD not this version and they dropped it and did this one because most of the work was done anyway (they ripped the PS3 translation and translated h-scenes and little else). It'll also depend on how well this one does financially.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
In addition even with it this game is still super easy thanks to its design. To anyone having any trouble keep in mind that outside a few specific situations where you need to rush to conquer some place this game has no actual turn limits.
What?! Fuck me! Wish someone told me that sooner. Here I am charging in blindly like a maniac because I'm worried the enemy's gonna get stronger or I'm gonna get my ass raped by demons like in Rance if I don't conquer this shit fast.

Jugg337

Formerly 'JuggM'
Jul 4, 2017
So... I downloaded the fan version, conquered Eastern Asia, Australia and Hawaii.

Yet I still only got 2 H's scenes, both with Himiko. She's cute but ehh, ain't really my thing.

Is this how it usually goes? I want some nobunaga but this game takes a while to get going I'm guessing?

Last edited:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
So... I downloaded the fan version, conquered Eastern Asia, Australia and Hawaii.

Yet I still only got 2 H's scenes, both with Himiko. She's cute but ehh, ain't really my thing.

Is this how it usually goes? I want some nobunaga but this game takes a while to get going I'm guessing?
Lenght: Long (30 - 50 Hours)

Reactions: Jeffy91 and ponyguy

Jugg337

Formerly 'JuggM'
Jul 4, 2017
Lenght: Long (30 - 50 Hours)
Yes I saw that friend, it's just that I had been playing for 15-20hours(yes I like to explore every corner so I attacked every town instead of going directly for the heart of the country) and theres like 30 H scenes so I found it weird I had only seen 2.

I'll assume you are telling me I ain't that far into the game though, thanks for the quick reponse. :V

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I'm having trouble with Russia man their tough need more troops.
Try attack another country (that right now I don't remember his name) that can easily give you a shortcut from behind the main camp of Russia! Because fighting from the start it's almost impossibile since your units gets halved and unless you play "Easy" mode, in the others you are pretty much screwed xD

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Try attack another country (that right now I don't remember his name) that can easily give you a shortcut from behind the main camp of Russia! Because fighting from the start it's almost impossibile since your units gets halved and unless you play "Easy" mode, in the others you are pretty much screwed XD
I taking Russia out first I like the challenge.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes