dcmatr

Aug 23, 2016
Such a great game. Can't wait for not-Rance's adventures in Gold, if it ever releases.

Night

Nov 7, 2016
Just a bit of advice, unless/until there is a mod that adds the difficulty select into the official version I highly recommend using the fan-translated one. The standard difficulty is very easy, which is fine for people who just want to read it like VN but those that want to enjoy the strategy game will need to increase the difficulty to hard.

Lornely

May 15, 2017
Hey right after I get the screen saying I captured Ghandra the game goes black and a pop up shows up and says "string too long" anyone got any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Next persons to ask what's the difference between the versions or if it's uncensored or not. I'm deleting your messages and giving you a warning point for not reading what we wrote in the OP. If you only know who to click DOWNLOAD, you don't deserve an answer. This also goes for anyone responding to these questions.

May 10, 2017
"When will Gold be translated"
I go to sleep every night wondering this :FeelsBadMan:
I want to wait for the full experience that comes in Gold which is why i haven't played this even tho i want to play it :'(

Reactions: AsterK and ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Just a bit of advice, unless/until there is a mod that adds the difficulty select into the official version I highly recommend using the fan-translated one. The standard difficulty is very easy, which is fine for people who just want to read it like VN but those that want to enjoy the strategy game will need to increase the difficulty to hard.
That's good to hear. I was worried I would get Sengoku Rance'd and that halfway through the game everything would suddenly become super hard. Though, knowing me, I'll still probably get stuck somehow.

Jabek

Apr 16, 2017
If I am remembering correctly, can't you also increase the difficulty by choosing to fight stronger nations before weaker ones? Beyond that nation being stronger, I thought it increased the strength of every nation from then on? Though you get really strong items if you do.

Though I remember that even with doing some of those the game was easy (especially near the end when you get ridiculous characters + item combos). Except the post game. I remember the optional dungeon was far more difficult.

I could be remembering incorrectly though. It has been a while. And I guess that would have been the fan version. On a side note I remember it being a really good game though. Not a very hentai focused one, but I thought the story was good, and it has educational value (provided you google more about the characters).

tgr

Jul 18, 2017
Where should I install the save file for the fan version?
Copy the "Save" attached in OP to ~/Saved Games/TENCO/あなたをあきらめるつもりはありません/UserData/ for the fan translation or ~/Saved Games/JAST/Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest/UserData/ for the JAST version. It unlocks everything in the gallery and works with either version.

Leonhardt

Jun 22, 2017
"When will Gold be translated"
I go to sleep every night wondering this :FeelsBadMan:
I want to wait for the full experience that comes in Gold which is why i haven't played this even tho i want to play it :'(
Wait isn't gold a different game. As far as I know it has a completely different storyline and new characters. If it has a different storyline then I don't see the reason to skip this.

Last edited:

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Wait isn't gold a different game. As far as I know it has a completely different storyline and new characters. If it has a different storyline then I don't see the reason to skip this.
It is an alternate game not a re-release, yes. People just assume.

Reactions: Jeffy91 and ponyguy

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Eiyuu*Senki GOLD "It's not a remake and not a direct sequel, but a parallel universe (Same characters (+ more), but a completely different storyline)". It's also not translated (just UI translation), playing this game doesn't make GOLD worthless or vice-versa.

Understood? Can we please stop with the pointless questions that were answered by the OP? Thank you.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Man, I thought China was supposed to be the easy route. I got my ass raped.

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
Right after I capture Ghandra the game crashes and says string too long... anyone help?

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Right after I capture Ghandra the game crashes and says string too long... anyone help?
Sometimes when you get a 'String too long' error, it's because you have the game stored too deep in your file folders. Try mounting it just under the C:/ prompt.

Reactions: Bloo

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Now that I know the name of the two character that doesn't have a story and such (nothing at all), by any chance someone can tell me where Hiraga Gennai and Hijikata Toshizo are from? Because on VNDB, under the Char page there's nothing at all; neither under the Char page of GOLD. So.. these two are imported by any chance from Rance? Or some games like this? Because honestly I'm struggling to understand where these two come from :pokerFace:

EDIT: Ah... wait... maybe I've to click "show spoiler"...
EDIT 2: Nope. Even if I click "spoil me" there's no trace at all of these two char.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 13 Votes