Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Any walk through for the new update? This game sure needs one lol.

Never mind this update is so short you wont need one lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
Keep getting this one on day 7.
Alright, I figured out what was causing the bug and patched it in a new build (v0.12b). This bug occurs if you see Malia naked without getting a blowjob from her on Day 7. For those of you who don't want to re-download the game yet again do the following:

After Malia puts her coat back on, the MC will say "Mystery..? What mystery?"
At this point, open the console by pressing Shift-O
Type "flag_cum_tits = False" (without quotations) [hit Enter]
Also type "flag_cum_mouth = False" [hit Enter]
Close the console

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Alright, I figured out what was causing the bug and patched it in a new build (v0.12b). This bug occurs if you see Malia naked without getting a blowjob from her on Day 7. For those of you who don't want to re-download the game yet again do the following:

After Malia puts her coat back on, the MC will say "Mystery..? What mystery?"
At this point, open the console by pressing Shift-O
Type "flag_cum_tits = False" (without quotations) [hit Enter]
Also type "flag_cum_mouth = False" [hit Enter]
Close the console
redownload? thread still say 0.12, not 0.12a or 0.12b
not uploaded yet or mods not had time to fix main page?

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
I don't see a problem with eventually having all of the included girls as possible mains, but I 100% agree that, for now at least, a handful of girls should be the focus. After you have established the full story for those girls, I'm not opposed to Knotty going back to add more girls' paths for more eventual choices.

That said, it did sound like the dev has things already all planned out, so perhaps the story isn't biting off too much after all. Personally, I could see following the paths of any of the women (I find them all lovely in their own ways), but from the perspective of trying to build an audience and momentum in establishing yourself as a developer, I definitely think a tighter focus is wise.
ThunderRob

I like this game and the ability to have multiple playthroughs and choices for LI's and girls to pursue. It gives the replay value to it a lot of weight... but I think you guys are right.

In a way this game kind of reminds me of another personal fav (https://f95zone.to/threads/twists-of-my-life-v1-01-novel.6996/) Twists of My Life where you had multiple girls to go after with tons of branching options that couldn't all be completed in one playthrough.. but where that one and this one differ is the number of overall options (think you had 7 or 8 girls to choose from if memory serves me correctly).

The problem with adding so many options (16 from what's been planned) is I hope it doesn't become overwhelming for the developer to develop enriching fully-fleshed out characters, stories, and paths for each of them (which will be hard to do if it's just a one man team developing all of this).

I mean look at the guy who does The Way (https://f95zone.to/threads/the-way-v0-26a-zee95.5047/) - he's stated that it's become taxing and a pain in the ass to develop just three unique paths to his game.

Though if KnottyGames has the drive and passion for this and doesn't rush it (or become overworked) I think it could be something unique and amazing if they deliver and flesh out all the characters and choices they envision putting into the game.

Hobo

Mar 3, 2017
Ash is like the best thing in this game.
It's rare enough to see this type of character in a game, and even more rare for it not to be a trap or lesbian.
Can't even think of any other game that had this level of reverse trap full on embracing the androgynous/boyish look, its great.
Tomboys/reverse traps are always instant favourits.
(Though I admit the laughing face in the cinema was scary, something looked off there)

KnottyGames

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2019
ThunderRob

I like this game and the ability to have multiple playthroughs and choices for LI's and girls to pursue. It gives the replay value to it a lot of weight... but I think you guys are right.

In a way this game kind of reminds me of another personal fav (https://f95zone.to/threads/twists-of-my-life-v1-01-novel.6996/) Twists of My Life where you had multiple girls to go after with tons of branching options that couldn't all be completed in one playthrough.. but where that one and this one differ is the number of overall options (think you had 7 or 8 girls to choose from if memory serves me correctly).

The problem with adding so many options (16 from what's been planned) is I hope it doesn't become overwhelming for the developer to develop enriching fully-fleshed out characters, stories, and paths for each of them (which will be hard to do if it's just a one man team developing all of this).

I mean look at the guy who does The Way (https://f95zone.to/threads/the-way-v0-26a-zee95.5047/) - he's stated that it's become taxing and a pain in the ass to develop just three unique paths to his game.

Though if KnottyGames has the drive and passion for this and doesn't rush it (or become overworked) I think it could be something unique and amazing if they deliver and flesh out all the characters and choices they envision putting into the game.
Yours and the other users concerns are perfectly reasonable. The amount of routes is a bit crazy compared to some of the other indie VNs out there. This game is an admittedly ambitious project where the amount of choices is thematically in line with the type of story I wanted to tell. I suppose the story could be pruned down to 12 characters, but in the end I suppose all the characters have grown on me and their stories (even more so than a month ago) are becoming more intertwined. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a reduced cast which eventually gets filled in later, though.

Let me touch on this quote specifically to provide some information about the development process.

The basic story for each character route is contained in a spreadsheet, essentially completed but with wiggle room for new ideas/branches that come up. This is supplemented by a massive flowchart containing each day and character scene with conditionals. This flowchart is the one used for the official walkthroughs that are posted. Finally, a third document contains each character scene with which plot points, visual design notes and anything else that needs to happen. All three of these documents contain an outline for the entire game from beginning to endings. Using these, each character has a fully formed arc or as good a story as I can tell for this format.

So the weekly workload essentially boils down to checking the flowchart and determining which characters are going to get scenes in the next update. Then writing the dialogue and code for those scenes (the easiest part). Then rendering those scenes which are done (or writing more scenes while rendering). Do some testing once it's all finished and upload. Rinse and repeat.

I'm essentially just writing out pre-outlined scenes and doing renders with most of the heavy design lifting out of the way. Sometimes it gets a little tiresome, but watching the steady increase in people enjoy the game has been a joy to watch, especially compared to even a month ago. This is a project I want to finish because I think that the end product will be something that is unique, compelling and hopefully creates a few boners along the way!

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Yours and the other users concerns are perfectly reasonable. The amount of routes is a bit crazy compared to some of the other indie VNs out there. This game is an admittedly ambitious project where the amount of choices is thematically in line with the type of story I wanted to tell. I suppose the story could be pruned down to 12 characters, but in the end I suppose all the characters have grown on me and their stories (even more so than a month ago) are becoming more intertwined. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a reduced cast which eventually gets filled in later, though.

Let me touch on this quote specifically to provide some information about the development process.

The basic story for each character route is contained in a spreadsheet, essentially completed but with wiggle room for new ideas/branches that come up. This is supplemented by a massive flowchart containing each day and character scene with conditionals. This flowchart is the one used for the official walkthroughs that are posted. Finally, a third document contains each character scene with which plot points, visual design notes and anything else that needs to happen. All three of these documents contain an outline for the entire game from beginning to endings. Using these, each character has a fully formed arc or as good a story as I can tell for this format.

So the weekly workload essentially boils down to checking the flowchart and determining which characters are going to get scenes in the next update. Then writing the dialogue and code for those scenes (the easiest part). Then rendering those scenes which are done (or writing more scenes while rendering). Do some testing once it's all finished and upload. Rinse and repeat.

I'm essentially just writing out pre-outlined scenes and doing renders with most of the heavy design lifting out of the way. Sometimes it gets a little tiresome, but watching the steady increase in people enjoy the game has been a joy to watch, especially compared to even a month ago. This is a project I want to finish because I think that the end product will be something that is unique, compelling and hopefully creates a few boners along the way!
Appreciate the response and some "behind the scenes" info on your process (y)

You sound like a dedicated, enthusiastic, and prepared developer who is more about putting out their passion project that is thought out, planned, and dutifully constructed rather than someone who is just chasing a quick buck like some developers we see.

Good luck to ya and continued success.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes