Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
even in that case the dev has spent 6 months making a game with no player feedback with no guarantee that people will even like the game or the direction it is taking i will admit it can reduce some stress having a backlog of content premade ready to go but it comes with its own set of issues in the process
That doesn't matter.

Some devs release full games in one go with no player feedback, they are making the game they want and no feedback is going to change that. If people don't like it they don't like it.

I'm in the process of learning and when I get round to making it i'll have it all done in a way I can release it easily without much hassle because I work full time and spend time with my partner so i'll make sure everything is ready to release. Player feedback doesn't bother me i'm making something I want to make plus it's a lesbian only game which some guys don't like, feedback wouldn't be that helpful. I won't be using Patreon either, I have no plans on ever leaving my job so development will only ever be a spare time hobby.

Most devs here have full time jobs and this is just a bit of fun or a way to make extra income.

It's rare a dev will ever make enough to quit their job to live on and even if they did it's a stupid idea. It's a fuckle industry and one minute they could be earning thousands then release an update people hate or a new game no one likes and lose everything. With a full time job that's not an issue.

While some devs here try and please their fans a lot of them just want to make the game they want.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Well that's the problem; how do you keep track. Python makes it easy to create a jungle of variables.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
there are some devs who premtively do alot of the work for a game. This way if they do set up a patreon. They can have set releases every month/bi-weekly/bi monthly....etc...etc without production being interupted. Think of it like this.

I make a game I plan for monthly releases and I get 6 versions done with a decent amount of content in each and I do monthly releases.This gives a full 6 months of head start. This aleviates some of the stress of making the game. If I felt sick I would be able to take a day off without it being an issue, but I could still continue to push out releases in a timely manner.
That's fine but I still can't see the benefit of trickle-feeding tiny amounts of content bi-weekly. I can't imagine Patreons being happy to get a couple scenes every next week with content that takes less time to play through than download. Not when you could have a chunky update every 1-2 months with content for all paths. It's still pre-produced content, just given in different amount and cadence.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
That's fine but I still can't see the benefit of trickle-feeding tiny amounts of content bi-weekly. I can't imagine Patreons being happy to get a couple scenes every next week with content that takes less time to play through than download. Not when you could have a chunky update every 1-2 months with content for all paths. It's still pre-produced content, just given in different amount and cadence.
you can just not play it for 2 months then...?

Reactions: botc76

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
you can just not play it for 2 months then...?
If that's the plan for it, I will probably do just that.

Your invaluable suggestion didn't answer my question concerning the benefit though...

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Players would not lose the game track due to the long time between updates. I hope this is invaluable for you too.
It really is. I didn't realize 2-3 weeks more made that big of a difference in terms of keeping track. Which is weird since I have notoriously bad memory.

Kalkuv

Feb 8, 2019

Your invaluable suggestion didn't answer my question concerning the benefit though...
One benefit i can think of: You don't have time to forget as much then witch monthly/bi-monthly releases.

Happened some times for me. Playing a game again after some time, and thinking to myself: "Eh? What happened before?"
Just yesterday with "Seducing the devil".

mathi81

Nov 8, 2018
By now I have played through all variants until the morning of day 5.
That makes 9 routes to see all events of the 16 girls.

If I follow the walkthrough for Emma or Trish then I do not get an option to enter the lab on Day 4.
This option only appears if I ignore Caleb. But then I miss 1 event each.

Has anyone been able to play the route for Trish or Emma with all the events?

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
By now I have played through all variants until the morning of day 5.
That makes 9 routes to see all events of the 16 girls.

If I follow the walkthrough for Emma or Trish then I do not get an option to enter the lab on Day 4.
This option only appears if I ignore Caleb. But then I miss 1 event each.

Has anyone been able to play the route for Trish or Emma with all the events?
Trish is currently bugged. The Lab event doesn't show up when it's supposed to. You are supposed to be able to get it on the Punch Caleb route but currently you can't. Dev said that it will be fixed in 0.10

Reactions: mathi81
Oct 11, 2017
A lot of choices (good) but we breeze through days with nothing really happening, just a few headaches and a lot of "hmm that's weird" encounters.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
A lot of choices (good) but we breeze through days with nothing really happening, just a few headaches and a lot of "hmm that's weird" encounters.
I believe this first week is really all still the intro to what will probably be the real plot of the game. This one is going to take a sharp Sci-Fi turn, I can just feel it. Look at some of the future tags in the OP.

nyanza

Jun 6, 2017

Multiple small releases cover both preferences. If you prefer more content over a longer period of time, you just wait for the updates to pile up. If you prefer the small updates, just get them as they come.

On other hand, releasing bigger but less frequent updates doesn't give you a choice, you have only the first option. That's the way with no benefit.

Reactions: arms99

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Bug [in ver 0.09] in Madison restaurant day 6 scene when MC bullied her with Jules: Picture of Madison at the cookie shop changes after MC's line "So that's what other people think of you. ..." and stays until MC's line "Well that was quite good. ..."

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Oh, Penny what kind of situations are you going to get us into :LOL: So I never sided with Jules is it any different? she came across as a right bitch but now I believe there is more to her especially after the shop scene and what she did, I always think sometimes with a bully there is something going on behind the scenes with there life. But great game so far very impressed with it all the girls have my interest so far.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The walkthrough for Malia isn't working for me.

I give the pen, I punch Caleb and then it says study history on day 2 but mine goes straight to guiding Penny then the second fight with Caleb.

The only way I can get the options for day 2 to show up is if I ignore them both on day 1.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
It really is. I didn't realize 2-3 weeks more made that big of a difference in terms of keeping track. Which is weird since I have notoriously bad memory.
Honestly, I freely admit I have had games that I had to completely replay because I forgot what was going on, but generally that was when there was more than 3 months between releases. If I like the game, that isn't a problem, but generally I would prefer the releases be a little earlier so I don't forget what is going on.

Jay_H

Aug 25, 2018
Bug. Walkthrough for Emma isn't working. I can't trigger going to the science lab and instead I go straight to Penny being approached by the jocks.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes