VN Ren'Py Elite Garden [Ep.3] [A&K Studio]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
Well, I like this one and I like that the devs take their time to flesh out the characters but I think they will have a major problem in the future. I mean, they say it's the story of 3 siblings and if their intention is to show the story of all and give them a LI there will be complaints of NTR because Freddie hooked up with Mina (there is a scene between them that implies that this could happen). We have already many complaints because the sister will not be a LI so imagine what will happen if she hooks up with someone. Also, because they did a good job making all the main characters sympathetic, the harem option would be out of character so either it won't happen or (if it happens) it will break the story. I hope they have figured out how they want to proceed but, seeing people here crying because their fictional girlfriend cheated on them in a game, I'm not that optimistic...

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Well, I think the problem with having a game with a sister or mother that is extremely attractive and not having incest shows a real failure to grasp the difference in fantasy vs reality by the dev. I like incest themed games but have never found my own sister or mother even remotely attractive, (more like repulsive in that way). This is by and large the natural way things work as an evolutionary deterrent to prevent excessive inbreeding and the genetic issues that come along with it.

It would make more sense for a game like this if the siblings were objectively unattractive. An example would be to have the sibling have some/all of their traits to be opposite those listed for Physical Attractiveness (per Wikipedia):
Heterosexual men tend to be attracted to women who have a youthful appearance and exhibit features such as a symmetrical face, full breasts, full lips, and a low waist–hip ratio.
In short, a female character that is related to the MC and is not intended to be an incestuous LI in the game should have a high waist-hip ratio, thin lips, small or flapjack shaped breasts, asymmetrical face and non-youthful appearance or a majority of these traits compared to the attractive ones.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
you posted your opinion, then tried to minimalize the opinions of myself and others because 'you don't see what the big deal is'. "Hey dev, cool game, ignore these other people that like pineapple, because I don't like pineapple at all, so I don't see what the big deal is"
This is such a projection of what you would've done yourself. In reverse using this logic, your opinion would've been "Hey dev, cool game, ignore these other people that don't care about incest, because I like incest, so incest must be a big deal". The other guy had never said to ignore other people's opinion at all, but you definitely would've.

Well, I like this one and I like that the devs take their time to flesh out the characters but I think they will have a major problem in the future. I mean, they say it's the story of 3 siblings and if their intention is to show the story of all and give them a LI there will be complaints of NTR because Freddie hooked up with Mina (there is a scene between them that implies that this could happen). We have already many complaints because the sister will not be a LI so imagine what will happen if she hooks up with someone. Also, because they did a good job making all the main characters sympathetic, the harem option would be out of character so either it won't happen or (if it happens) it will break the story. I hope they have figured out how they want to proceed but, seeing people here crying because their fictional girlfriend cheated on them in a game, I'm not that optimistic...
Nah, it isn't a problem. Dev should know that they cannot satisfy everyone. If the dev wants to focus on telling the story how they want, they'd continue on anyway. Realistically speaking, there's no game that is perfect anyway. There's always something about a game that anyone would wish to be different. It's just a matter of whether the player is willing to tolerate it to continue playing or not.

Well, I think the problem with having a game with a sister or mother that is extremely attractive and not having incest shows a real failure to grasp the difference in fantasy vs reality by the dev.
Or the players failing to grasp the reality that the dev just wants to make a non-incest game.

Klaes Ashford

Jun 4, 2020
This is such a projection of what you would've done yourself. In reverse using this logic, your opinion would've been "Hey dev, cool game, ignore these other people that don't care about incest, because I like incest, so incest must be a big deal". The other guy had never said to ignore other people's opinion at all, but you definitely would've.
You can tell what I WOULD HAVE done? Now that's fucking amazing. Wish I had that skill.

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Or the player can just accept the fact that she isn't an LI...
People looking to engage in fap fantasies tend to be using their monkey brains (As well as only playing the game 1 handed so to speak...) So when you add in a non LI character that's too attractive you're gonna tend to rile up a negative response from those horny 1 handed players... The same thing tends to happen if you add in a strictly lesbian non LI character that's significantly attractive in a Male MC game... (Bisexual girls are generally well enough received, but lol adding in a pretty lesbian that wants nothing to do with the player's dick...)

When your players are thinking with their lower head, then making the non obtainable characters too attractive is often perceived by them as getting taunted with this unobtainable object of their desire.

Reactions: calamityjoe22

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
I think the younger brother is not their own brother, but an adopted one.
If he is adopted he's probably still at least a cousin / related to the family somehow since a point has already been made in story that he does visibly resemble his siblings.

Reactions: ImariKurumi

Mravac Kid

Jun 5, 2021
I love this first chapter, and can't wait for more :) If it keeps going as it is, it's likely to become my favorite college-themed game.
Wonderful dynamic between the siblings, I hope we see all of them get into love-induced shenanigans... comic relief horny sidekicks (and big sisters) deserve love too :)
And I'm eagerly awaiting to learn more about all the girls, so far there's no obvious stereotypical characters (well, the troublemaker aside, but still very unknown).

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I really love this game, it's funny and have an interesting plot.

I play many games with incest and I like it.But if the game say no incest, no problem for me if the sis is beautiful. Just one more girl to check, I don't need to fuck all pretty girls! :ROFLMAO:

Keep up the good work Dev! (y)

colormask

Oct 12, 2022
I love everything about this game except the MC's face. Every time he opens his mouth, it reminds me of a horse, neighing. All other characters are quite good looking though, even the male ones. It's really requiring a clenched-teethed stretch of my imagination to accept that all girls would fall for this MC with so many cute and handsome hunks around, especially with that MC's open-mouthed self featuring in so many shots. I wouldn't mind a bestiality tag added to this game. :p

MidnightMoon

Jan 13, 2019
One of the few games that get the basics right, with no text box, easy to read text, and optional name saves. (y)

My "suggestion" was not that. It was an observation, but I can see how it can be taken as a negative comment.
And I did say it's a good way to create a product. Many things are made that way.
I wish you much success in the game.
Sorry, what does "optional name saves" mean exactly? Having the option to name the other characters something other than the default names?

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Sorry, what does "optional name saves" mean exactly? Having the option to name the other characters something other than the default names?
Option to name your saves, so when the story branches out and you have to choose your LI and have multiple saves for multiple paths you can easily see which save is for which LI.

Reactions: MidnightMoon
4.30 star(s) 49 Votes