VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ellie Confidential [v0.2] [BUTTANDHONOR]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
This render came out crisp and clear. It seems like the game is coming together. Though, I'm still looking for the characters to get on thyroid meds. (small joke) :)
Thank you! I aim for a public release on the last of the month, so the earliest supporter build would be out in roughly two weeks. I think I can finish everything until then, here's hoping nothing gets in the way :) I really enjoy working on this game.

Mind explaining the joke? I'm not a native speaker and think I'm missing something here :D

Jul 1, 2021
Thank you! I aim for a public release on the last of the month, so the earliest supporter build would be out in roughly two weeks. I think I can finish everything until then, here's hoping nothing gets in the way :) I really enjoy working on this game.

Mind explaining the joke? I'm not a native speaker and think I'm missing something here :D
The women's eyes appear larger than normal. See my avatar? Hypothyroidism affects the eyes like that, but with meds, they tend to remain normal. The whites of the eyes won't make the iris appear small. Sorry, bad joke! Since I'm nit-picking, the American flags on the uniforms are facing the wrong way (stars and blue to the front, for realism). Just started playing and I'm liking it so far. You'll do well, my friend! :)

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
The women's eyes appear larger than normal. Hypothyroidism affects the eyes like that, but with meds, they tend to remain normal. The whites of the eyes won't make the iris appear small. Sorry, bad joke! Since I'm nit-picking, the American flags on the uniforms are facing the wrong way (stars and blue to the front, for realism). Just started playing and I'm liking it so far. You'll do well, my friend! :)
Ah, I get it now, thanks for explaining :)
Good point about the flags, I remember reading that you guys have rules for that. I'm from Germany, we act like we don't have a flag, lol. I'll see if I can change the underlying assets somehow, but I'm not super good with changing textures and everything :)
Thanks for the nice words and the feedback, I'll see what I can do about that!

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Good point about the flags, I remember reading that you guys have rules for that. I'm from Germany, we act like we don't have a flag, lol. I'll see if I can change the underlying assets somehow, but I'm not super good with changing textures and everything :)
For the flags, if you find the texture file. You could load them up into photoshop and flip them most other programs can probably do the same.

• Red Heart
Reactions: buttandhonor
Jul 1, 2021
My favorite Youtube Bushcraft women are from Germany and Austria. And of course, there's Joerg Sprave. He's a weapon and gun law enthusiast from Germany. :)

Reactions: buttandhonor

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
My favorite Youtube Bushcraft women are from Germany and Austria. And of course, there's Joerg Sprave. He's a weapon and gun law enthusiast from Germany. :)
Ah, a fellow Joerg connoisseur :D Impossible not to like the guy, I love it when he goes into his workshop to build stuff. He's a bit on the brink lately with all the gun law stuff and everything, but it's understandable because his livelihood depends so much on it. I still hope I can get one of the HP Max air rifles one day, they look super cool.

Sorry for derailing the thread :D

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Huh, I suddenly love you now. Where is the romancing option <3
Glad i could be of help, i actually only just thought of it when i seen the uniform on a site and i remembered you were going to look into it so thought i would give it a go. And found you don't even need photoshop lol.

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
So, for some reason I decided to give you guys the choice between two different outfits for one of the largest scenes of the second episode - say hello to rendering every image twice :D

I hope it will pay off in making the game more fun to play - it was really a stupid decision from a development view :D

Here's a little teaser, hope you enjoy: 406.jpg
407.jpg

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Soooo, Chapter 2 is out!

Here are the links for Mac and PC:

Please let me know if everything plays right, and I'm always glad for any feedback and especially bug reports, if there are any. I tested this so much that I'm probably not seeing obvious bugs anymore if there are any left. And please let me know if the new main menu screen works for you guys, that was very finicky to implement.

I hope you enjoy!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote