4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Unfortunately there're others :cry:
205-218
269-275
651-674
If that's the case, then maybe my script wasn't broken after all. Weird, because I checked the files that it reported and they all showed up fine for me. Thank you, that explains a big confusion for me. Maybe my script reported the wrong file names or something, looks like my debugger has a bug :D

Edit: It was in fact a problem with my script. Instead of reporting the right file name, it posted the index of the array to the log console. Thank you, this helped narrowing down the problem, I'll scale the images and fix that with the next release.

Edit again: This problem definitely won't happen again, I just put an auto-scaling into my image optimization script :)
1676893190355.png

Last edited:
Reactions: roxyt482

roxyt482

Aug 11, 2021
I don't think the script have any issues, it's just the resolution of the images
I checked them with the viewer XnViewMP, the ones I reported have a resolution of 1500x750
also 691-693

Edit: ok great at least the problem has been solved at the root :D

Reactions: buttandhonor

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
buttandhonor good game so far, just a couple of minor things to point out. One, even if you choose clean shaven, in the mirror image, after you get home the first night, she has a bush. Also, when talking to the chief, he mentions poor morale but you left the "e" off so it says poor moral.

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
buttandhonor good game so far, just a couple of minor things to point out. One, even if you choose clean shaven, in the mirror image, after you get home the first night, she has a bush. Also, when talking to the chief, he mentions poor morale but you left the "e" off so it says poor moral.
Thank you, I'll get them fixed :) I swear I looked at the moral / morale thing and explicitly changed it to the wrong one :D

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Thank you, I'll get them fixed :) I swear I looked at the moral / morale thing and explicitly changed it to the wrong one :D
Yeah, writing my own game. Have someone else doing the renders and taking my dialogue and instructions to build the scripts. While waiting on the renders, have plenty of time to go through my script with a fine-toothed comb and finding tons of typos. Every time I go through it, find something I missed before. Somehow, it is easier to spot errors when you see it in context with the renders. Then again, maybe it is easier to spot others errors than your own, heh.

roxyt482

Aug 11, 2021
In the bathroom with Mel if I choose to smoke
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapters/chapter2.rpy", line 1760, in script
$c2_party_smoked_with_mel
File "game/chapters/chapter2.rpy", line 1760, in <module>
NameError: name 'c2_party_smoked_with_mel' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\D1\Desktop\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\D1\Desktop\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Ellie Confidential 0.2
Mon Feb 20 16:42:35 2023
```

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\D1\Desktop\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "C:\Users\D1\Desktop\ellieconfidential-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Ellie Confidential 0.2
```
I too get the same error

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Ellie Confidential 0.2
```
I too get the same error
Smoking will kill you, just don't do that.
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
how I get the scenes with Mel?
It's broken right now because I messed up the programming. I'm compiling a fixed version right now, so give it an hour and download again. Sorry for the inconvenience, I have built automated tests now to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Also, additional information: To get to the kissing scene with Mel, you have to pick "no thanks" when she offers you a smoke. This seems weird to me now, I might fix that in the next release because I didn't really intend it as a choice that determines that.

Last edited:

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Here is the fixed version:

Changelog:
- All images have 1920x1080 resolution now (plus automated tests and fixing so this shouldn't happen again)
- Fixed wrong variable for Mel bathroom scene so the game no longer crashes (plus automated test).

Still to be done: That one render where body hair is visible despite clean shaven. I'm not at my render machine so I can't fix this for now, but it will go into the next proper release.

buttandhonor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Does the update end right after the party? Thanks for the fixes tho
There is a short scene where you come home with a possible masturbation sequence, but other than that yes, that's the end. I'll try to keep one day per new chapter, otherwise it would get too confusing. Also, this already took really long to write, so that seems like about what I can manage per month :)

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
If that's the case, then maybe my script wasn't broken after all. Weird, because I checked the files that it reported and they all showed up fine for me. Thank you, that explains a big confusion for me. Maybe my script reported the wrong file names or something, looks like my debugger has a bug :D

Edit: It was in fact a problem with my script. Instead of reporting the right file name, it posted the index of the array to the log console. Thank you, this helped narrowing down the problem, I'll scale the images and fix that with the next release.

Edit again: This problem definitely won't happen again, I just put an auto-scaling into my image optimization script :)
View attachment 2403985
And here I was going to post this bug w/ pics. Waiting for that update.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Misspelling of title in dialogue label.

Seargant --> Sergeant
screenshot0002.png

A simple fix of MULTIPLE instances. This would not bother me except I use TTS meaning every time "Seargant" is pronounced it rings false. I probably would not have noticed it if I was not using TTS.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote