4.20 star(s) 26 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah it's a big issue I have with a lot of games where they add far too many LIs and a lot of them suffer from a lack of screen time since players have to wait a while too see the ones they like. I'm also terrible at remembering characters if too many are added so I usually stop playing some games because I can't remember characters(WVM).

It's not really an issue for people playing as a man whore or if the game is a harem but I don't tend to play that way and while I appreciate the choice of who to fuck in games it sucks when you have to wait a while to get scenes with the characters you like.

While I don't want to get off topic and talk about other games in this thread I think games like Being a DIK and City of Broken Dreamers handle that problem well since they have the small group of main LIs that usually get content each update and then pad out the sex scenes with side characters that don't really affect the progress with the main LIs for people that want sex scenes.
I'm with you, I pick my favorite 1 or 2 and then I have to wait for content for them. I don't pledge on Patreon anymore (because Patreon et al suck) but even when I did I wouldn't pledge to games that would make me wait for content with the characters I liked. Just not willing to wait 3 updates for some content with 1 character.

I know that's just me though. I am sure most people don't care or just play as manwhores.

I think the issue is more general than only love interest. There are a lot of developers that go: 10 character, 2 o 3 routes each plus multi routes, plus personality options, plus path choices, plus color or whatever..

Soon, their game has so many things that they do not matter...

I think most game developers should do lest width and more depth.
True! A lot of these developers take on too much work. Multiple routes, multiple love interests, multiple paths with each love interest. For a one or two person development team that's a lot of work. Especially if you don't have a lot of pledges. Probably accounts for so many games being abandoned - they realize that they are making the game too complex to continue.

I am hopeful that won't happen with this one.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The fundamental problem with a lot, if not most, of these games is having too many love interests. The developer adds in so many that they then have to have each update be about a different grouping, which results in fans having to wait a long time to see the one they prefer. I am not advocating a 1 to 1 ratio but a ratio that isn't 1 to 7(or more) would be nice too... Maybe 1 to 4-5? We are on the 5th episode and there are a minimum of 7 possible love interests (including Theresa). How many more will be added before the end? If some are side girls who can't be love interests it would be nice to see that reflected in their stats.
I disagree. The problem isn't the number of love interests. It's poor writing and lazy plotting. There are, an admittedly small, number of games here that are excellently crafted with 7-12 love interests. Each of whom has her own personality and is developed throughout the progression of the game. The talent to plot and write that storyline is rarely found in AVNs. The problem is further aggravated by the fact that we consume content that is under development. Keeping track of the various relationships as they evolve and intertwine in updates separated by months is extremely difficult. When the game is completed and you can play through it without interruption, most of those tracking problems are minimized.

In an idea world, developers would start writing games with a small number of LIs until they actually perfect their writing skills, and only then try for a plot that includes a crowd. But we don't live in an ideal world, and we are looking over the shoulders of the devs in near real time as they revisit and revise and evolve their game to a finished product. Most of them are more concerned about producing the game they want than ensuring short update times.

One of my favorite print authors published 70 books over the course of his life. His last was far far superior to his first and ,throughout that time, his readers only saw a finished product after professional editing.

Reactions: User1230

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
Bruh, the character of Jess is very interesting to me.. a virgin girl who is crazy about you..
I rarely see characters like this in many adult games, I'm already getting bored when playing adult games where the MC only gets a sloppy second..
So why not to go the Jess route ;)

Thanks to the devs for creating this character :p

Reactions: Ursus4321

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Bruh, the character of Jess is very interesting to me.. a virgin girl who is crazy about you..
I rarely see characters like this in many adult games, I'm already getting bored when playing adult games where the MC only gets a sloppy second..
So why not to go the Jess route ;)

Thanks to the devs for creating this character :p
Agreed. She is such an innocent, snack-sized tease at first, but she evolves into a bit of a sex-pot. Can't wait to see what Pale does with this character. I honestly think she deserves a spin-off.

Reactions: User1230

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Agreed. She is such an innocent, snack-sized tease at first, but she evolves into a bit of a sex-pot. Can't wait to see what Pale does with this character. I honestly think she deserves a spin-off.
To me she didn't evolve at all, she went from dressing like "sporty spice" to dressing like "posh spice" and trying to seduce the MC. Don't get me wrong the render is great, she's a very cute/attractive girl. However we really don't know anything about her, her personality, etc. In addition she really doesn't know anything about the MC. She's known of the MC for ~2 weeks? And interacted with him once before that night and suddenly she knows how he "always takes care of others" and wants to help him relax? And that she wants him to be her first?

Her relationship with the MC is the least believable to me. If this was Lily I could understand, Lily and the MC have interacted a lot more than Jess and the MC. Adele makes more sense, she is a sex hungry woman who believes she always gets what/who she wants. Julia and Yumi are already established relationships. Jess suddenly trying to seduce the MC just feels off to me. Honestly, I expect that having sex with Jess will eventually blow up in the MC's face.

And Spin-off? Why?

Last edited:
Reactions: duningtwo

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
To me she didn't evolve at all, she went from dressing like "sporty spice" to dressing like "posh spice" and trying to seduce the MC. Don't get me wrong the render is great, she's a very cute/attractive girl. However we really don't know anything about her, her personality, etc. In addition she really doesn't know anything about the MC. She's known of the MC for ~2 weeks? And interacted with him once before that night and suddenly she knows how he "always takes care of others" and wants to help him relax? And that she wants him to be her first?

Her relationship with the MC is the least believable to me. If this was Lily I could understand, Lily and the MC have interacted a lot more than Jess and the MC. Adele makes more sense, she is a sex hungry woman who believes she always gets what/who she wants. Julia and Yumi are already established relationships. Jess suddenly trying to seduce the MC just feels off to me. Honestly, I expect that having sex with Jess will eventually blow up in the MC's face.

And Spin-off? Why?
I, respectfully, disagree. But I do see your point, and I understand.
To me, not knowing anything about her, yet, is all part of the fun. Not every character you run into needs a couple of paragraphs of exposition before we can get to know them. When you're exploring the first chapter of a sexual relationship, actions speak louder than words. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with Jess. She went from shy/cute, to wanting dick a couple of days after she turned 18. There is a freak in there, and I want to see what she can get up to.

As for a spin-off, I know they're a dime a dozen on this site, but I would love to see her perspective in "blossoming" into this newfound sexual lifestyle.

BTW: Love chatting with someone like you, MrFriendly. I like when two folks on this site can have civil-discourse without devolving. Saludos, hermano.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I, respectfully, disagree. But I do see your point, and I understand.
To me, not knowing anything about her, yet, is all part of the fun. Not every character you run into needs a couple of paragraphs of exposition before we can get to know them. When you're exploring the first chapter of a sexual relationship, actions speak louder than words. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with Jess. She went from shy/cute, to wanting dick a couple of days after she turned 18. There is a freak in there, and I want to see what she can get up to.

As for a spin-off, I know they're a dime a dozen on this site, but I would love to see her perspective in "blossoming" into this newfound sexual lifestyle.

BTW: Love chatting with someone like you, MrFriendly. I like when two folks on this site can have civil-discourse without devolving. Saludos, hermano.
For me it was just too abrupt, I don't mind the change or that she has become a sexpot. Rather it's that we see her in a rather conservative outfit standing outside the MC's car and then the next time we see her she's wearing makeup, a nice dress, and trying to seduce an older man she barely knows. Another encounter with her between those two moments would have been better for evolving her character. Perhaps like the scene afterwards where the MC can check her out while she's hanging out with Theresa. Or the dance recital and then the sex scene... Anyway, if that's the only real flaw in the game it isn't a big one.

I'm enjoying the convoluted nature of all the relationships, however I really want the MC to have to ability to end relationships so that he can start cleaning up his messes. It would also go a long way in convincing players they have a choice in who the MC is with, right now the MC is either in relationships with or being constantly pursued by 4 women, the player/MC has done zero pursuing of Love Interests so far. To me the pursuit is a very fun experience that this game is missing.

As to a spin off, I have no interest in seeing her perspective. I'd much prefer the dev focus on this game and perhaps have a sequel where the MC has to explain why every woman he knows is preggers with his kids.

And how dare you call me civil! I am a fucking grouch! Don't you go ruining my reputation! ;)

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
Another encounter with her between those two moments would have been better for evolving her character.
agreed, seemed like a scene was missing here. her admission on party night comes three days after meeting him for the first time during which introduction she basically only says hi, and the second encounter reads like more than her merely wanting to lose her virginity to catch up with her friends. the only in-game information supporting such strong, sudden feelings we have by this point is that not-daughter talks about him a lot so perhaps she's supposed to already be obsessed with the idea of him. of course she is supposed to be the crazy one, but that comes in retrospect https://f95zone.to/threads/elysion-ep-5-v0-30-palemaster.67429/page-42#post-5836784 (some japanese word for manic obsessive girlfriend). i guess she could have been furiously masturbating for those three days and worked herself into a fervor.
screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I agree that Jess' change of behavior is a little strange over a few days. I didn't noticed it, not playing from the start with each update, and it seemed they known each other for a longer time.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
For me it was just too abrupt, I don't mind the change or that she has become a sexpot. Rather it's that we see her in a rather conservative outfit standing outside the MC's car and then the next time we see her she's wearing makeup, a nice dress, and trying to seduce an older man she barely knows. Another encounter with her between those two moments would have been better for evolving her character. Perhaps like the scene afterwards where the MC can check her out while she's hanging out with Theresa. Or the dance recital and then the sex scene... Anyway, if that's the only real flaw in the game it isn't a big one.

I'm enjoying the convoluted nature of all the relationships, however I really want the MC to have to ability to end relationships so that he can start cleaning up his messes. It would also go a long way in convincing players they have a choice in who the MC is with, right now the MC is either in relationships with or being constantly pursued by 4 women, the player/MC has done zero pursuing of Love Interests so far. To me the pursuit is a very fun experience that this game is missing.

As to a spin off, I have no interest in seeing her perspective. I'd much prefer the dev focus on this game and perhaps have a sequel where the MC has to explain why every woman he knows is preggers with his kids.

And how dare you call me civil! I am a fucking grouch! Don't you go ruining my reputation! ;)
I feel ya.
I think she is initially shown off as being demure, so as to let the walking case of daddy-issues (Lilly) shine during the first encounter with both of them. I think she is obviously dressed in a casual school-wear while at school, and in a bit of a sluttier dress at the party, since she is in a high-school party scene. Might be she planned for MC to show up. Therein lies the mystique of it all... we don't know anything about her. But whether we find out with a wall of text, or through her actions, I think it will be an interesting ride.
I like all the "environmental storytelling" (not to sound too pedantic) Pale is using. I think the abrupt sex-scene was handled really well. The "what the fuck is going on" reaction that the MC had is a natural reaction I think any man would have when encountering an out of the blue casual sex encounter -- especially one so illicit. If they were getting to know each other, it wouldn't have had the same effect.

I feel ya on the pursuit thing. But I think it is healthy, not only in VN games but in life, to have encounters that both have a longevity into finding out someone(s)'s personality, and truly getting to know them -- aaaaaannnnnd having casual sex-encounters where the only question you have to ask yourself is: "which hole first?"

Hahaha! I will have to disagree with you on the pregger part. But whatever salsas your taco, holmes.

Reactions: MrFriendly

loters

Oct 9, 2017
So what kind of ntr is in this game and how is it triggered?
I like ntr so just hoping I don't have to be a dick to make it happen
Some of situations are obtained by any choice you make and the rest is by ignoring the girls at least once.

4.20 star(s) 26 Votes