Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
So I'm guessing the choice with Alisandra is also a deciding factor in Erranda's route as well? I rejected her offer and because of that I can't "fully" accept Errandas offer because I told her mother no. If she is in control of them how is it only allowed if you accept her off even though her daughters offer is much more consensual. It's a half lock in an unrelated route. She can be with them but you can't all be together because of a previous choice.
No. Erranda (like Lerran) is separate. You can't fully accept Erranda's offer because that includes having threesomes with Erranda and Iris/Nadine (which there isn't much of right yet).

Let me put it this way: there is no non-consensual sex in ECA. The girls are all willing, even if the dialogue seems stilted to you. Situations where people like Alisandra make it seem creepy, etc., are in-character for them. All the girls are interested in the MC, and if pursued, will fall for him romantically and physically.

You had a meeting with Alisandra and told Iris, to her face, that being with her is "deplorable". You (player) and MC might not have meant it that way, but that's what the MC said and how Iris took it. There's currently not a way to pursue Iris if you said this in front of her. I might add in a way to get "back in" with Iris later if supporters complain about it, but that would be at a point I am working on refining the game.

For Genny, I agree it's a bit... bad. I'm actually going to redo that scene soon with new images/animations. You aren't the only one that has mentioned this.

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You had a meeting with Alisandra and told Iris, to her face, that being with her is "deplorable". You (player) and MC might not have meant it that way, but that's what the MC said and how Iris took it.
I guess I misread that whole scene. At no time does the MC say being with her specifically is deplorable. I think anyone would come to the conclusion that "her offer and actions" were deplorable, not Iris her self. The journal even says as much.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
So I'm guessing the choice with Alisandra is also a deciding factor in Erranda's route as well? I rejected her offer and because of that I can't "fully" accept Errandas offer because I told her mother no. If she is in control of them how is it only allowed if you accept her off even though her daughters offer is much more consensual. It's a half lock in an unrelated route. She can be with them but you can't all be together because of a previous choice.

Or am I just not reading the dialogue right?
I wouldn't stress about Alisandra controlling them at all. Trying not to include spoilers but agreeing makes the maids happy, undermines Alisandra's position in the household, and eventually pisses Alisandra off. I get the knee jerk reaction to tell that bitch no, but she's a lot less smart than she thinks she is and it's actually pretty great watching everything blow up in her face.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I wouldn't stress about Alisandra controlling them at all. Trying not to include spoilers but agreeing makes the maids happy, undermines Alisandra's position in the household, and eventually pisses Alisandra off. I get the knee jerk reaction to tell that bitch no, but she's a lot less smart than she thinks she is and it's actually pretty great watching everything blow up in her face.
Maybe, but the player has no way of knowing that if you take the scene for what it is at face value. They wouldn't find that out until later.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Maybe, but the player has no way of knowing that if you take the scene for what it is at face value. They wouldn't find that out until later.
Which is why you just gotta always go for it. Turning down girls is usually final in these games.
Also it really wasn't hard to figure out that Alisandra is a dumbass by that point in the story. She was offering MC the keys to the kingdom when we already knew we wouldn't be living up to her expectations, agreeing to her deal when we're unable to fulfill it is the best way to fuck her over.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Which is why you just gotta always go for it. Turning down girls is usually final in these games.
Also it really wasn't hard to figure out that Alisandra is a dumbass by that point in the story. She was offering MC the keys to the kingdom when we already knew we wouldn't be living up to her expectations, agreeing to her deal when we're unable to fulfill it is the best way to fuck her over.
I don't play these things to just disregard a scenes set up jut to "Go for it". There aren't a lot of games where it's a now or never decision like this one. Her intelligence if of no consequence. It's the scene, the player would have to agree to something they don't care for just in the hopes that they are secretly into it and all is good. It's fin if you expect the player to not have preferences and just turn off their brain while they play but my guess is many don't do that.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I guess I misread that whole scene. At no time does the MC say being with her specifically is deplorable. I think anyone would come to the conclusion that "her offer and actions" were deplorable, not Iris her self. The journal even says as much.

Let's take a look at it from Iris's point of view. Warning, spoilers ahead.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I don't play these things to just disregard a scenes set up jut to "Go for it". There aren't a lot of games where it's a now or never decision like this one. Her intelligence if of no consequence. It's the scene, the player would have to agree to something they don't care for just in the hopes that they are secretly into it and all is good. It's fin if you expect the player to not have preferences and just turn off their brain while they play but my guess is many don't do that.
I'm not actually saying to disregard your preference, the first sentence was about 60% joking. I'm saying to think it through.
It's some pretty good writing imo, that's why I called rejecting her offer a knee jerk. It seems like the right thing to do until you sit bnack and consider all the consequences Alisandra faces if you agree to it.

Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I'm not actually saying to disregard your preference, the first sentence was about 60% joking. I'm saying to think it through.
It's some pretty good writing imo, that's why I called rejecting her offer a knee jerk. It seems like the right thing to do until you sit bnack and consider all the consequences Alisandra faces if you agree to it.
Just to note...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sure, all I'm saying is the player at that point in time has no way of knowing how Iris feels about the whole thing. Maybe if Alisandra had a visitor or something and the player was left alone with Iris while she dealt with it and told the MC she doesn't think it's a bad idea it would be more clear as to what that face choice entails. But it's presented as use them or not, full stop.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Just to note...

I don't think we knew that explicitly but unless I'm completely misremembering when that quest happened I think we had enough hints to piece at least most of that together from Lerran and Erranda's events. Still a good call changing up the dialogue to be a little more clear though.

Oh and I skipped last update, I kinda broke the lord of hovel quest after abusing a save editor too much, completely my fault, and the amount I had to replay through was just a bit intimidating. Just wanted to say now that I started again from an old save and I noticed and really appreciated that you changed the dialogue around the initial Lerran threesome choice. Completely takes the bad taste out of my mouth and makes it a lot easier to say yes to that for me, as well as not break my game further from more save edit abuse :p

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Sure, all I'm saying is the player at that point in time has no way of knowing how Iris feels about the whole thing. Maybe if Alisandra had a visitor or something and the player was left alone with Iris while she dealt with it and told the MC she doesn't think it's a bad idea it would be more clear as to what that face choice entails. But it's presented as use them or not, full stop.
I actually like that idea. I might try to do something like this in 0.7. Of course, it'll be before where you're at, but that could give a little more context.

Reactions: Skeltom

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I don't think we knew that explicitly but unless I'm completely misremembering when that quest happened I think we had enough hints to piece at least most of that together from Lerran and Erranda's events. Still a good call changing up the dialogue to be a little more clear though.

Oh and I skipped last update, I kinda broke the lord of hovel quest after abusing a save editor too much, completely my fault, and the amount I had to replay through was just a bit intimidating. Just wanted to say now that I started again from an old save and I noticed and really appreciated that you changed the dialogue around the initial Lerran threesome choice. Completely takes the bad taste out of my mouth and makes it a lot easier to say yes to that for me, as well as not break my game further from more save edit abuse :p
I'm willing to change some words to make things better and clearer -- especially in regards to what the MC thinks/says. It's a little more difficult when dealing with antagonists like Alisandra and Valkan because, well, they're antagonists.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
ECA: 0.6a PE

The updated 0.6a PE version with various bug fixes and QOL adjustments is available in the OP, including a patch file to update from 0.6 to 0.6a. The link is also below in this post.

Also includes is the 0.6 Patron Player Guide. It's getting rather long (like, 80+ pages long), just like the game. I'm not good with document formatting, but maybe at some point I'll try to clean it up.

EDIT: More download links for 0.6a will be posted as they finish uploading.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AggressiveCheeto

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I took a look at the changelog and planned tags again and it got me thinking. First off I think it's great the kinks are optional now, if I haven't said so already. But I see that pregnancy is a planed future tag. Is that going to be optional you think? I like it myself but I can't speak for anyone else. I ask because with the way this is going so far pregnancy is all but certain because the only way to finish vaginal sex is inside from what I've seen. That keeps happening and babies are a given.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I took a look at the changelog and planned tags again and it got me thinking. First off I think it's great the kinks are optional now, if I haven't said so already. But I see that pregnancy is a planed future tag. Is that going to be optional you think? I like it myself but I can't speak for anyone else. I ask because with the way this is going so far pregnancy is all but certain because the only way to finish vaginal sex is inside from what I've seen. That keeps happening and babies are a given.
It will be fully optional in regards to intimacy, and it is late-game. Cali and Katira/goblin are dead-set on having children. It's going to happen in the story, but I think there'll be an option to turn it off for sandbox encounters. At this time, there's no current plans to have story-scenes (meaning, outside sandbox) NSFW scenes with pregnancy.

The option to turn on/off pregnancy for sandbox scenes will likely be in the preferences menu.

• Sad
Reactions: S1nsational

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
It will be fully optional in regards to intimacy, and it is late-game. Cali and Katira/goblin are dead-set on having children. It's going to happen in the story, but I think there'll be an option to turn it off for sandbox encounters. At this time, there's no current plans to have story-scenes (meaning, outside sandbox) NSFW scenes with pregnancy.

The option to turn on/off pregnancy for sandbox scenes will likely be in the preferences menu.
Not sure why this got a sad response? S1nsational ?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Maybe a pregnacy fan? It does seem a little odd that so many routes revolve around impregnation but there are no planned story event involving it. I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work with Erranda with her whole agreement is solely for getting her pregnant.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Maybe a pregnacy fan? It does seem a little odd that so many routes revolve around impregnation but there are no planned story event involving it. I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work with Erranda with her whole agreement is solely for getting her pregnant.
As Skeltom guessed, I'm a pregnancy fan. Having the girls girls get pregnant is all well and good, but having it be effectively epilogue seriously sucks. "Hey they're pregnant now, roll credits!" That steals a lot of the fun of getting the girls pregnant.
And even if it's not just immediately credits after them getting pregnant, there being no story sex scenes with them pregnant is just as bad. I'd rather they never actually get pregnant and that we have pregnant sex with them in a canon dream.

I'm not the only one who hates pregnancies that are only in the epilogue

Reactions: AlexTorch

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
As Skeltom guessed, I'm a pregnancy fan. Having the girls girls get pregnant is all well and good, but having it be effectively epilogue seriously sucks. "Hey they're pregnant now, roll credits!" That steals a lot of the fun of getting the girls pregnant.
And even if it's not just immediately credits after them getting pregnant, there being no story sex scenes with them pregnant is just as bad. I'd rather they never actually get pregnant and that we have pregnant sex with them in a canon dream.

I'm not the only one who hates pregnancies that are only in the epilogue
There is likely to be at least one birth in-game (if I can make it look good). There may be more -- it depends how far I extend the post-esbat scenes.

Making a scene in-game with pregnancy takes away the option for players. It would be like me forcing a futa or foot fetish or anal sex scene upon someone when one of the base points of the game is to give players the option to include fetishes.

Sandbox scenes are a relatively easy possibility, just like with all the other optional content. Canon in those would be they are pregnant, and someone would have to choose to turn off the pregnancy for them to continue the scene. They'd lose out on the pregnancy sandbox animations.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes