Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
eh i can´t refuse alisandra he says i´m not sure i feel comfortable with the offer and next click he says okay so even if you are refuse you accept

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
eh i can´t refuse alisandra he says i´m not sure i feel comfortable with the offer and next click he says okay so even if you are refuse you accept
That... shouldn't be possible.

Code:
menu alisdandra01_choice:
        "Accept.":
            $ thornhill_hovel = True
            $ thornhill_hovel_other = True
            $ erranda_devotion += 1
        "Refuse.":
            mc "I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the offer."

if thornhill_hovel:
        show iri meeting smile with dissolve
        mc "... okay."
You need to click "Accept" to set the flag. Are you sure you clicked the right choice?

As an aside, if you choose "Refuse", you will miss about 25% of the game. Alisandra is a horrible person. The only way to truly beat her is to choose accept.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
That... shouldn't be possible.

Code:
menu alisdandra01_choice:
        "Accept.":
            $ thornhill_hovel = True
            $ thornhill_hovel_other = True
            $ erranda_devotion += 1
        "Refuse.":
            mc "I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the offer."

if thornhill_hovel:
        show iri meeting smile with dissolve
        mc "... okay."
You need to click "Accept" to set the flag. Are you sure you clicked the right choice?

As an aside, if you choose "Refuse", you will miss about 25% of the game. Alisandra is a horrible person. The only way to truly beat her is to choose accept.
I did accept at first but scrolled 1-2 clicks back to see if there was a change in Alisandras and iris face expressions if i refuse maybe the scroll back caused it?
either way i was going to accept
Love the game so far great work

Reactions: Soniram

Buridus

Jul 31, 2021
I cant progress whit katira it says "visit her in sandbox during the day" i have no clue where i can find this sandbox have bin allover the place.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I cant progress whit katira it says "visit her in sandbox during the day" i have no clue where i can find this sandbox have bin allover the place.
Her sandbox is in the bedroom. Go talk to her. There may be something that happens automatically or you may need to choose an option while talking to her.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
quick question is velvet desire importand to the main story?
It's part of the main story, but not required. You can refuse to help Lady Isolde when she asks, which will keep it only as a bordello to visit and it will eventually close in 0.8.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I know it's basically impossible to do anything else given the massive backlash any change would cause, but the whole "virginal prostitutes who have zero costumers" thing I personally find incredibly embarrassing.

... in case I mentioned this before, forget it. Just came to mind with that question ^^

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I know it's basically impossible to do anything else given the massive backlash any change would cause, but the whole "virginal prostitutes who have zero costumers" thing I personally find incredibly embarrassing.

... in case I mentioned this before, forget it. Just came to mind with that question ^^
Not sure I'm following. Are you saying it's embarrassing for the characters, or embarrassing for me? There's a story-reason it is this way if you follow the Velvet Desires storyline.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Not sure I'm following. Are you saying it's embarrassing for the characters, or embarrassing for me? There's a story-reason it is this way if you follow the Velvet Desires storyline why that is so.
I suppose it's also embarrassing for the characters ^^ but I was more thinking about embarrassing to play through ;)

The storyline is just a fictional creation (duh) and is very obviously constructed to justify this being that way, that doesn't change anything about it being embarrassing or not ^^;
It's like writing a Mary Sue plot; yeah, sure, you can come up with some excuse of why your protagonist is a genetically-enhanced divinely-blessed being who is hyper competent at every single thing they do, it doesn't change the fact that it'll be embarrassing because they aren't, of course, they were created to be that ^^

Writing about prostitutes that are all virgins and never have any costumers but you is just the same. It's so transparently artificially constructed; naw, from a narrative standpoint, it doesn't work at all.

But if you changed it you'd have 507 people in here every day screaming about NTR so it's what is ...

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I suppose it's also embarrassing for the characters ^^ but I was more thinking about embarrassing to play through ;)

The storyline is just a fictional creation (duh) and is very obviously constructed to justify this being that way, that doesn't change anything about it being embarrassing or not ^^;
It's like writing a Mary Sue plot; yeah, sure, you can come up with some excuse of why your protagonist is a genetically-enhanced divinely-blessed being who is hyper competent at every single thing they do, it doesn't change the fact that it'll be embarrassing because they aren't, of course, they were created to be that ^^

Writing about prostitutes that are all virgins and never have any costumers but you is just the same. It's so transparently artificially constructed; naw, from a narrative standpoint, it doesn't work at all.

But if you changed it you'd have 507 people in here every day screaming about NTR so it's what is ...
It could be called justification to have it be like that so there wouldn't be NTR haters and whatnot. Honestly, NTR is not something I'm interested in and have no experience with, so it's not going into the story. Maybe it doesn't make sense to some, or perhaps most, people. Perhaps I should have just left them out of the story altogether because it's transparently artificially constructed.

On the other hand, it is a fictional creation, so yeah, some of it doesn't make 'sense'. It takes place on another planet, too. There's goblins. Catkin. Elves. Sorcerers and swords.

But yes, the "prostitutes" are the problem. I apologize you are embarrassed. It wasn't my intention.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexTorch

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
There's no need to apologize, it was just meant as casual feedback on a small portion of the story on account of the topic being brought up ;)

To me, that sorta thing got nothing to do with NTR; it's just a job they got.
But I know it causes all sorts of allergic reactions. I don't know what I'd personally do if I wanted to include such a storyline because obv "triggering" a billion people for little gain isn't exactly anyone's idea of fun so easy to talk about and not so easy to actual do. Maybe it could be left ambiguous, theoretically? But that'd require all sorts of narrative contortions too ... ^^

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Just to note, the 0.8 version is now out. I'm not sure why it isn't appearing on the Latest Updates page (at least for me). PC/Linux and MAC versions are up. The Android version will be released later when completed.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Just to note, the 0.8 version is now out. I'm not sure why it isn't appearing on the Latest Updates page (at least for me). PC/Linux and MAC versions are up. The Android version will be released later when completed.
Latest Updates take up to 10 minutes to refresh (I promoted 7 mins ago) ;)

Patience young one

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Latest Updates take up to 10 minutes to refresh (I promoted 7 mins ago) ;)

Patience young one
Does it need to refresh to update the times? The latest one has been on "Just Now" for about 10 minutes, which I hadn't really noticed before. I thought it was a bug with something on my side so I've been hard reloading.

EDIT: Weird. Now ECA says 11 minutes but the one is still on Just Now. Ah well. At least I know it's not a problem somewhere here.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Does it need to refresh to update the times? The latest one has been on "Just Now" for about 10 minutes, which I hadn't really noticed before. I thought it was a bug with something on my side so I've been hard reloading.
Nah thats a mistake from one of our Uploaders. (It happens when a game was promoted into the future, thats why "Just now" as in it was promoted right the second LU updated that never happens when we promote correctly). I already fixed it by now, the game will disappear to its correct place next LU refresh.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes