Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I am that lucky on bugs or something wrong with my PC? I just press the "start" button and take this.
Uh. Hm. I'm going to have to look into it, but the quick_menu is automatically in Renpy, as far as I understand. A few questions...

- What platform (PC/MAC) are you using?
- Did you use a previous version you used prior to 0.8? Was it 0.7 or earlier?
- Just to clarify... you started a new game, not loading a save?

EDIT: Well, goddamn it. I got the same error. Hold on.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I am that lucky on bugs or something wrong with my PC? I just press the "start" button and take this.
Okay, I see what happened. Not sure exactly why it happened, but it did. This is the quick hotfix for the 0.8 to start a new game. Download, unzip, and drop the contents directly into your (EC)TheApothecary-0.8_PE folder. This will fix the error.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Is this the type of game that requires multiple playthroughs to see all the content?
Except for one character, you can access all content with one playthrough if you choose to follow all the paths (all the love interests). There will be endings that are different depending on if you choose not to pursue certain love interests, but that will be the only real changes. The "best" ending will be achieved by going through and accepting everything.

That one character is Lerran, who can be either futa or female (player's choice). SE versions have both a gallery (not 100% updated right now) and an option to change Lerran mid-game between futa and female.

EDIT: Seeing your signature, I will advise there is optional gay and futa content. Easily avoidable and skippable and doesn't affect any other paths.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTorch

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Except for one character, you can access all content with one playthrough if you choose to follow all the paths (all the love interests). There will be endings that are different depending on if you choose not to pursue certain love interests, but that will be the only real changes. The "best" ending will be achieved by going through and accepting everything.

That one character is Lerran, who can be either futa or female (player's choice). SE versions have both a gallery (not 100% updated right now) and an option to change Lerran mid-game between futa and female.

EDIT: Seeing your signature, I will advise there is optional gay and futa content. Easily avoidable and skippable and doesn't affect any other paths.
I don't necessarily hate futa as long as a character doesn't "steal" an LI of the MC. If there is a really good 3some and the MC doesn't get pegged in any way.

Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I don't necessarily hate futa as long as a character doesn't "steal" an LI of the MC. If there is a really good 3some and the MC doesn't get pegged in any way.
There's (what I think is) a couple pretty hot threesomes with Lerran as futa (and as female, too). You can choose for Lerran to "top" once at this point, but it's a rather narrow path you have to follow. It is also completely optional if you do happen to go down that path. When it comes to any 'controversial' content, I've tried to make sure it is all optional.

If something happens you didn't mean to, let me know because it's not designed to do that. I am quite capable of making mistakes somewhere along the line.

EDIT: There's no stealing in an NTR way, but as a futa, Lerran does have the option to penetrate another female. Again, optional. You choose what she does in those scenes.

Reactions: AlexTorch

OverLord gamer

Nov 27, 2018
If you ever need someone to help test the android version I'd be interested in testing it. Either way this game is amazing

Also I found this and thought it might be a good alternative if you ever have problems in the future.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
If you ever need someone to help test the android version I'd be interested in testing it. Either way this game is amazing

Also I found this and thought it might be a good alternative if you ever have problems in the future.

I have someone working on a port from 0.7 to 0.8 for Android, but this might be something I end up doing as well. I didn't know this was a thing and I am extremely thankful for this. Really, thank you. A lot of people play this on Android and I've been really concerned about this.

V4mpire is the one helping me with the Android port, and he said he is going to be looking for testers. Feel free to come by the Discord if you want to. We are discussing the work on it when he's had time.

Reactions: OverLord gamer

OverLord gamer

Nov 27, 2018
I have someone working on a port from 0.7 to 0.8 for Android, but this might be something I end up doing as well. I didn't know this was a thing and I am extremely thankful for this. Really, thank you. A lot of people play this on Android and I've been really concerned about this.

V4mpire is the one helping me with the Android port, and he said he is going to be looking for testers. Feel free to come by the Discord if you want to. We are discussing the work on it when he's had time.
I've actually already joined the discord same name as here just with an x because I can't face any spaces

Desteron1698

Mar 7, 2019
Okay, I see what happened. Not sure exactly why it happened, but it did. This is the quick hotfix for the 0.8 to start a new game. Download, unzip, and drop the contents directly into your (EC)TheApothecary-0.8_PE folder. This will fix the error.
Thank you. It work.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Getting an error when trying to access the checklist thing in the shop. This is with the hotfix that was posted a bit earlier.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow, I really did screw this one. This is what I get for trying to be fast rather than correct. I know the issue... need to fix it. I will reply again with the corrected hotfix.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Getting an error when trying to access the checklist thing in the shop. This is with the hotfix that was posted a bit earlier.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, here's the new hotfix (listed as 02). The OP will be updated. I'm going to wait a little bit before making an 0.8a build, just in case it screwed up something else.

Same as before -- download, unzip, apply to the (EC)TheApothecary folder on PC. MAC users have to put it in a little further where the /game/ folder is located. Allow it to overwrite if it asks.

Reactions: ChopTheHead

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary [v0.8 PE] [Soniram]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Not gonna lie, i love when a developer understand the player and give him the freedom of choices...

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes