Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
is there any way to progress with these 2 yet? or am i back at current end
Both of those are continued in 0.8. They are rather important scenes, too. I'd say just go forward and they will change.

Chicunsu

Feb 26, 2021
i've tried sleeping in my bed a lot or just doing other stuff, but i just can't seem to progress on either right now, and i'm playing .8PE
Edit: NVM, might have found what i did wrong

Last edited:

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Soniram Any attempt at looking at the esbat checklist in 0.8 throws an exception:

1710006918838.png

seems `threads_button_text_big` is not defined or missing somewhere it should be.

*Edit: Looks like it's literally because this is the only reference with the _big suffix in it in the entire codebase. Guessing this needs to be shortened to just threads_button_text like the rest of the references:

Code:
unrpa$ grep -Ri threads_button_text *
scripts/menus/esbatscreen.rpy:                text_style "threads_button_text_big"
scripts/menus/newthreads.rpy:                    text_style "threads_button_text"
scripts/menus/newthreads.rpy:                    text_style "threads_button_text"
settings/screens.rpy:style threads_button_text:

Last edited:
Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Soniram Any attempt at looking at the esbat checklist in 0.8 throws an exception:

View attachment 3426500

seems `threads_button_text_big` is not defined or missing somewhere it should be.

*Edit: Looks like it's literally because this is the only reference with the _big suffix in it in the entire codebase. Guessing this needs to be shortened to just threads_button_text like the rest of the references:

Code:
unrpa$ grep -Ri threads_button_text *
scripts/menus/esbatscreen.rpy:                text_style "threads_button_text_big"
settings/screens.rpy:style threads_button_text:
Make sure you get the FIX 02 patch file in the OP (just below the download links). Install that and it should be fine. It was a mistake I made in making the PE version.

1710007827428.png

Reactions: 5mithers

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
I'm playing the entire game again just to have the whole story in mind for the new update. And it's still so good, I can't wait for the new content!

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I'm playing the entire game again just to have the whole story in mind for the new update. And it's still so good, I can't wait for the new content!
I did a full playthrough when I got done with assembling 0.8. It took me three to four days going down all the paths. It's a journey, that's for sure. I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

Reactions: Amnezziia

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Looks like I will have to play the full game for this release as well. Weird bugs seem to be cropping up. I need to make a dream potion, but I have no knowledge of a dream potion.

Looking at the code, I should gain knowledge of the dream potion during the chimera03_first event path.

However, despite chimera03_first being True, know_dream is False. So not sure what happened there. Going to chalk it up to "I haven't played in a bit, need to start over." Annoying, but it's a game in progress. Nothing to be done.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Looks like I will have to play the full game for this release as well. Weird bugs seem to be cropping up. I need to make a dream potion, but I have no knowledge of a dream potion.

Looking at the code, I should gain knowledge of the dream potion during the chimera03_first event path.

However, despite chimera03_first being True, know_dream is False. So not sure what happened there. Going to chalk it up to "I haven't played in a bit, need to start over." Annoying, but it's a game in progress. Nothing to be done.
Some info...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: 5mithers

ChopTheHead

Sep 15, 2021
Okay, here's the new hotfix (listed as 02). The OP will be updated. I'm going to wait a little bit before making an 0.8a build, just in case it screwed up something else.
That did the trick, thanks. Follow-up question: is the text here supposed to look different like that?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
I can't start esbat. It says work on early days thread on the esbat checklist. My journal for the early days thread says more may appear later check back often.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I can't start esbat. It says work on early days thread on the esbat checklist. My journal for the early days thread says more may appear later check back often.
It's likely something else is not completed that would trigger something to appear in the Early Days thread. Is there anything else it says to do on the esbat checklist?

nomjik11

Aug 6, 2020
It's likely something else is not completed that would trigger something to appear in the Early Days thread. Is there anything else it says to do on the esbat checklist?
I think I've encountered the same issue, checklist is clear but unable to trigger esbat.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes