Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I think I've encountered the same issue, checklist is clear but unable to trigger esbat.
I see the issue. It's a misplaced message on my part. You need 150 silver to begin. It actually tells you you need it after you have the 150 silver. Once you have it, it will allow the option to appear in the bedroom at night.

Going to fix it. Thank you guys for reporting these bugs.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

terjitt

Mar 9, 2024
I"m stuck. On the Esbat document it says to continue Chimera and horace. Can't do anything with Horace until Chimera progresses. Stuck on Chimera, It just keeps saying "too early" over and over, even though I have done all the dream scenes repeatedly (even the gay one that I didn't want to).

Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I"m stuck. On the Esbat document it says to continue Chimera and horace. Can't do anything with Horace until Chimera progresses. Stuck on Chimera, It just keeps saying "too early" over and over, even though I have done all the dream scenes repeatedly (even the gay one that I didn't want to).
The dream sex scenes are arbitrary and don't really do anything except give the player a little something.

To trigger the next Chimera scene, you should probably check your Early Days thread, as it may tell you to take a walk in Rilea at night.

EDIT: Which is a little bit odd because it should tell you to check the thread in the esbat checklist. (No, wait, it doesn't... damn it. Fixing.)

terjitt

Mar 9, 2024
The dream sex scenes are arbitrary and don't really do anything except give the player a little something.

To trigger the next Chimera scene, you should probably check your Early Days thread, as it may tell you to take a walk in Rilea at night.

EDIT: Which is a little bit odd because it should tell you to check the thread in the esbat checklist. (No, wait, it doesn't... damn it. Fixing.)
It does say explore the lower city at night, but then says more may appear later, check back often. There is no option to explore the lower city at night. Just Hostelry, and Reece's house.

Ok, I'm getting somewhere. I just triggered a new scene in Rilea in the midday.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
It does say explore the lower city at night, but then says more may appear later, check back often. There is no option to explore the lower city at night. Just Hostelry, and Reece's house.

Ok, I'm getting somewhere. I just triggered a new scene in Rilea in the midday.
Are you sure it is the lower city? If you have the right clue, it should say:
"... take a night walk in Rilea from the gates."
The part that says "More may appear later" appears all the time because it's true. However, you need to have a scene with Giles at the docks before you can trigger the next Chimera.

Reactions: Mrkraken888

terjitt

Mar 9, 2024
Are you sure it is the lower city? If you have the right clue, it should say:

The part that says "More may appear later" appears all the time because it's true. However, you need to have a scene with Giles at the docks before you can trigger the next Chimera.
It looks like I hadn't proceeded far enough at velvet desires. I think I'm on the right track now. Just finished up with Thomas' chamberlain and am now taking a walk at night.

Kyuzo3567

Aug 14, 2016
I am getting an error when trying to start a new game. No I haven't done any editing with Unren or anything else, this is a fresh extract into a new file, without any saves as this is my first time playing. So what am I doing wrong here?

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I am getting an error when trying to start a new game. No I haven't done any editing with Unren or anything else, this is a fresh extract into a new file, without any saves as this is my first time playing. So what am I doing wrong here?
You are not reading the OP.

1710029987278.png

Reactions: Mrkraken888

terjitt

Mar 9, 2024
Ok, I really have done something out of order. I have already met Giles at night, leading to the meeting with The Herald in Chimera. But I just now got the explore the lower city at night. There is no option to explore the lower city at night. Plus Everytime I go to Aunt Beatrices in the midday it repeats the scene where they have a meal then talk on the balcony then she leaves for her Esbat fitting.

I've tried going all over Rilea at night and found nothing. I also tried going back to brews and going to to sleep to trigger the Esbat with no results. The Esbat checklist is now blank, and all characters and threads say next update (or a variation thereof).

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Ok, I really have done something out of order. I have already met Giles at night, leading to the meeting with The Herald in Chimera. But I just now got the explore the lower city at night. There is no option to explore the lower city at night. Plus Everytime I go to Aunt Beatrices in the midday it repeats the scene where they have a meal then talk on the balcony then she leaves for her Esbat fitting.

I've tried going all over Rilea at night and found nothing. I also tried going back to brews and going to to sleep to trigger the Esbat with no results. The Esbat checklist is now blank, and all characters and threads say next update (or a variation thereof).
Well, it's certainly possible something got glitched. There's been a lot of fixes and changes throughout the releases, so trying to diagnose the problem here is damn near impossible.

If you'd like, upload your save file and I will take a look at it and try to point you in a direction. Might actually be the right one.

terjitt

Mar 9, 2024
Well, it's certainly possible something got glitched. There's been a lot of fixes and changes throughout the releases, so trying to diagnose the problem here is damn near impossible.

If you'd like, upload your save file and I will take a look at it and try to point you in a direction. Might actually be the right one.
Heck with it. I just went and changed the Esbat trigger to false. Now I can continue.

Dmonk66

Nov 21, 2018
Does anyone have a list of console commands? I am unable to buy the ingredient needed for fulcrum, and I would rather not have to restart the blasted grinding for potions/ingredients/money.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I cannot advance the Chimeras quest, can you assist?
Well, you've found a way to break the game :) No worries. However, you need to make a decision.

1. You can revert to a previous save or start over. Might have to either wait for the 0.8b version I'm putting together to fix all the code holes or at least a patch.

2. I can adjust some variables that would take you back some scenes and require you to do them again. You would then need to make a dream potion and use it first before going to the docks to meet Giles. The way to break it would still be there until I get the 0.8b out (likely tomorrow sometime), so unless you did it in the correct order, you could still be back where you are right now.

Reactions: eatlardfudge

eatlardfudge

Feb 8, 2022
Well, you've found a way to break the game :) No worries. However, you need to make a decision.

1. You can revert to a previous save or start over. Might have to either wait for the 0.8b version I'm putting together to fix all the code holes or at least a patch.

2. I can adjust some variables that would take you back some scenes and require you to do them again. You would then need to make a dream potion and use it first before going to the docks to meet Giles. The way to break it would still be there until I get the 0.8b out (likely tomorrow sometime), so unless you did it in the correct order, you could still be back where you are right now.
I guess I could start over but if you could try adjusting the vars for me I'd be willing to try it out.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes