Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
This game engine for some reason sometimes does load and makes things laggy. but that is only caused by windows (admin rights and such) try restarting game, or running it as admin and 1 click should be enough for dialogue to go on. Also for some players turning off some of background processes helped as well (such as some antivirus etc... I can think of some other button to proceed with dialogues without skipping whole deal I guess in future, but you should run game so it works as intended... Not saying it's your fault, just some weird things with compatibility with windows. I do believe when you restart game and run it as admin should work for sure if you have this lag of text issue :)
Yup, that did it, thank you! :)

geamoiri

Apr 23, 2017
This game engine for some reason sometimes does load and makes things laggy. but that is only caused by windows (admin rights and such) try restarting game, or running it as admin and 1 click should be enough for dialogue to go on. Also for some players turning off some of background processes helped as well (such as some antivirus etc... I can think of some other button to proceed with dialogues without skipping whole deal I guess in future, but you should run game so it works as intended... Not saying it's your fault, just some weird things with compatibility with windows. I do believe when you restart game and run it as admin should work for sure if you have this lag of text issue :)
Numed, the game has the same problem as willyD and it's not random or sometimes. It's been reported a few times now. If you go to options for any reason and go back to game the lag starts. Look into it , has nothing to do with admin rights antivirus and or other stuff. I consistently reproduced the problem with a mix of things on and of. It is always the options issue.

Nice start btw. You need to speed up the toon walking speed and a dialog speedup option.
Cheers

Reactions: yoyomistro

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Numed, the game has the same problem as willyD and it's not random or sometimes. It's been reported a few times now. If you go to options for any reason and go back to game the lag starts. Look into it , has nothing to do with admin rights antivirus and or other stuff. I consistently reproduced the problem with a mix of things on and of. It is always the options issue.

Nice start btw. You need to speed up the toon walking speed and a dialog speedup option.
Cheers
Interesting... This is first post I see where someone (you) explaining the issue... Others were like: my game not work help what I do? Thank you for detailed description of how to recreate bug cause now I could recreate it and yes it's something from Option screen. Now that I know where issue is I may work on it or at least say in game that restart is needed after option screen... Thank you for this actual bug report :)

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Oh boi, thankfully i keep checking tags on latest updates otherwise i was gonna miss the release of this game :HideThePain:

Edit: hmm, why i thought this game's size was small... probably because demo had no content, also it seems like there's extra 500mb with the release, so i'll try the game later then.

geamoiri

Apr 23, 2017
Interesting... This is first post I see where someone (you) explaining the issue... Others were like: my game not work help what I do? Thank you for detailed description of how to recreate bug cause now I could recreate it and yes it's something from Option screen. Now that I know where issue is I may work on it or at least say in game that restart is needed after option screen... Thank you for this actual bug report :)
I managed to find an older not updated version which had no problems like that(lag). I noticed that in the older version I could drop the music volume bar to zero . In the new versions it never does drop completely ,unless you mute all you always hear a very faint music.Might be a connected issue with the lag.
I'll continue to experiment and let you know.

Reactions: yoyomistro

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
Nenad A.

Freya character seems broken for me. I took her as far as the sanitarium bathroom / locked room. The ability to scroll the window left and right to view more of the scene no longer works. She's effectively stuck in the middle of the room, with no ability to get close enough to the combination lock or the exit on the other side.

I am able to swap characters and play the others fine. The same mechanic works properly for other characters, and swapping back to Freya, or exiting and relaunching the game does not restore Freya's ability to scroll left or right in the scene. I can leave her close to either objective, swap to another character, and swap back to her so she's in the middle, or as close to, the scene and then I'm able to interact. Interesting little issue.

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Nenad A.

Freya character seems broken for me. I took her as far as the sanitarium bathroom / locked room. The ability to scroll the window left and right to view more of the scene no longer works. She's effectively stuck in the middle of the room, with no ability to get close enough to the combination lock or the exit on the other side.

I am able to swap characters and play the others fine. The same mechanic works properly for other characters, and swapping back to Freya, or exiting and relaunching the game does not restore Freya's ability to scroll left or right in the scene. I can leave her close to either objective, swap to another character, and swap back to her so she's in the middle, or as close to, the scene and then I'm able to interact. Interesting little issue.
There are commands for scrolling and keeping camera to center of character 1= enable/disable scroll on edge with cursor 2 = enable/disable center on character if you press F you will see what is on or off (those are 1 and 2 on keyboard not on numpad)

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
There are commands for scrolling and keeping camera to center of character 1= enable/disable scroll on edge with cursor 2 = enable/disable center on character if you press F you will see what is on or off (those are 1 and 2 on keyboard not on numpad)
Fat fingers strike again. That was the ticket.

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Finally played the game, gotta say H-scenes are one of the best on the whole forum. While i also like the game's direction and overall gameplay itself i have a small (hopefully) concern.

So when i like a game a lot i always do some research about its dev. When i saw your twitter account i saw a post about EON there from 2017 June which is like 4 years ago. Its kinda worrying, though i remember reading you working tirelessly to finally release the game. So my question is should we expect very long intervals between updates?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Finally played the game, gotta say H-scenes are one of the best on the whole forum. While i also like the game's direction and overall gameplay itself i have a small (hopefully) concern.

So when i like a game a lot i always do some research about its dev. When i saw your twitter account i saw a post about EON there from 2017 June which is like 4 years ago. Its kinda worrying, though i remember reading you working tirelessly to finally release the game. So my question is should we expect very long intervals between updates?
You know there's a whole other game he's made, the Adventures of Willy D, which is just about finished right? He made a demo for EON years ago based on the space part when he was just starting out with the Visionaire engine.

4.00 star(s) 33 Votes