TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I realize that it doesn't look like one at all, but it is an RPGmaker game. You can just use a basic RPGmaker save editor to raise your max HP and never worry about it again if you want too.
Ok, that's certainly an option. I assume it is limited at 9999 then?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Ok, that's certainly an option. I assume it is limited at 9999 then?
It might be, because that's is often the limit, but it might not be, because the item limit in his previous games was 999, instead of the usual 99 that rpgmaker uses as default. There might be a 9999 cap, or it might be higher, feel free to experiment. Just save in a different slot, and try editing it higher if you want to try that. I'm nearing the end of the game on my virgin run, and I'm in the high 6K of health, so I can't tell you one way or the other.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I return with more information. I just finished my virgin run (complete virgin run, no penetration at all in any holes, not even to traps, and wow was that hard on some stages), and can now confirm that the maximum EP and health levels are 9999 for both, and that I didn't see anything else in the ending for my troubles, based on what I saw described of what other people got for the end (diddly squat besides the secret area 51).

I will confess that I set off one trap (stupid pink mist having extra range when I'd already seen the green ones didn't.) and I couldn't bring myself to restart again for something non penetrative, so anyone who thinks there is a reward for never losing a touching a single trap is free to test that assumption. I most certainly am not going to try again. Once was enough. Especially when I'm working on another run to take my time enjoying the corruption this time.

RottenCitizen

Aug 27, 2020
I just finished my virgin run
You have my respect.

I looked through the game's maps/events back in April and didn't find anything resembling a special ending. There could still be some text at least congratulating you on completing the challenge, but now we know there is nothing at all.
I've written on this already in this thread, but the ending is just very bleak, and, to be honest, the game feels unfinished.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
You have my respect.

I looked through the game's maps/events back in April and didn't find anything resembling a special ending. There could still be some text at least congratulating you on completing the challenge, but now we know there is nothing at all.
I've written on this already in this thread, but the ending is just very bleak, and, to be honest, the game feels unfinished.
I agree it feels a bit unfinished, maybe a future game will help clear things up. They've all lead into each other fairly well so far.

One thought that entered my head after finishing this game was to wonder whether we've been misinterpreting the relationship between the Gravid and the Fuyou. The assumption thus far has been that the Gravid are giving birth to the Fuyou, and that's why they are trying to corrupt the world, to make it produce more EP so that they can have more kids. One thing that struck me, especially after the encounters with the giant eye Fuyou demanding EP from us at the end was that ... what if the Gravid want EP because the Fuyou want EP?

The Fuyou lead to instant game over if you so much as interact with them, to the point that in the first game you find documentation that informs you that they are impossible to kill and the only thing you should do on encountering them is run. Should you fail to run or be surrounded, you are to kill yourself.

This is not however how the Gravid interact with us. The Gravid want sexy times with us, and clearly are something that we can interact with for a long period of time, during which we generate EP, without dying.

So what if the Gravid are a life-form that is kind of a middle stage, a life that requires EP like the Fuyou, but isn't so fundamentally and incomprehensibly alien to our existence that we are basically instantly unmade and incapable of recovering if we interact with them. Because in game, we can die all we like in the EP world normally. We can drown, get crushed by metal cylinders, fall from a great height, and all that happens is our unconscious body wakes up back outside that particular pocket dimension. But even with that ability to survive seemingly any sort of death, the Fuyou trump that, and just instantly unmake us. Perhaps they simply pull us apart into EP, energy from mass.

Maybe the Gravid are some sort of middle state, where they can still interact with us, and use us for EP generation in a more benign manner, rather than unmaking us into EP on contact. And maybe that middle stage means that they can also interact with the Fuyou without being unmade themselves. So what if instead of the Gravid giving birth to the Fuyou, the Gravid are instead trying to gather enough EP to both sustain themselves and keep the Fuyou fed, because the Fuyou don't eat sustainability, unlike the Gravid. The Gravid can corrupt a world, and that world and it's populous will continue to generate EP which they can then use. The Fuyou on the other hand just unmake what they touch, which then leaves the Gravid in the position of being hungry again too, because they both normally get their EP from the same source, which the Fuyou have now unmade.

This leaves the Gravid trying to corrupt more worlds quickly enough to sustain themselves, and still have leftovers to give the Fuyou to sustain them, so they don't go hunting down worlds on their own and leaving the Gravid with nothing to eat again.

I have no idea what anyone else will think of this, but these were the thoughts that came to me at 3 AM while I was playing last night and I felt like sharing my ramblings. I don't think there is anything actually in the games that supports this wild hypothesis, but I don't remember seeing anything that contradicts it directly either. I might have just forgotten though.

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
I agree it feels a bit unfinished, maybe a future game will help clear things up. They've all lead into each other fairly well so far.

One thought that entered my head after finishing this game was to wonder whether we've been misinterpreting the relationship between the Gravid and the Fuyou. The assumption thus far has been that the Gravid are giving birth to the Fuyou, and that's why they are trying to corrupt the world, to make it produce more EP so that they can have more kids. One thing that struck me, especially after the encounters with the giant eye Fuyou demanding EP from us at the end was that ... what if the Gravid want EP because the Fuyou want EP?

The Fuyou lead to instant game over if you so much as interact with them, to the point that in the first game you find documentation that informs you that they are impossible to kill and the only thing you should do on encountering them is run. Should you fail to run or be surrounded, you are to kill yourself.

This is not however how the Gravid interact with us. The Gravid want sexy times with us, and clearly are something that we can interact with for a long period of time, during which we generate EP, without dying.

So what if the Gravid are a life-form that is kind of a middle stage, a life that requires EP like the Fuyou, but isn't so fundamentally and incomprehensibly alien to our existence that we are basically instantly unmade and incapable of recovering if we interact with them. Because in game, we can die all we like in the EP world normally. We can drown, get crushed by metal cylinders, fall from a great height, and all that happens is our unconscious body wakes up back outside that particular pocket dimension. But even with that ability to survive seemingly any sort of death, the Fuyou trump that, and just instantly unmake us. Perhaps they simply pull us apart into EP, energy from mass.

Maybe the Gravid are some sort of middle state, where they can still interact with us, and use us for EP generation in a more benign manner, rather than unmaking us into EP on contact. And maybe that middle stage means that they can also interact with the Fuyou without being unmade themselves. So what if instead of the Gravid giving birth to the Fuyou, the Gravid are instead trying to gather enough EP to both sustain themselves and keep the Fuyou fed, because the Fuyou don't eat sustainability, unlike the Gravid. The Gravid can corrupt a world, and that world and it's populous will continue to generate EP which they can then use. The Fuyou on the other hand just unmake what they touch, which then leaves the Gravid in the position of being hungry again too, because they both normally get their EP from the same source, which the Fuyou have now unmade.

This leaves the Gravid trying to corrupt more worlds quickly enough to sustain themselves, and still have leftovers to give the Fuyou to sustain them, so they don't go hunting down worlds on their own and leaving the Gravid with nothing to eat again.

I have no idea what anyone else will think of this, but these were the thoughts that came to me at 3 AM while I was playing last night and I felt like sharing my ramblings. I don't think there is anything actually in the games that supports this wild hypothesis, but I don't remember seeing anything that contradicts it directly either. I might have just forgotten though.
interesting thoughts.. so how would you think this related to the EP/Fuyou rooms (where EP just hangs in the air waiting to be collected while Fuyou roam around)?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
interesting thoughts.. so how would you think this related to the EP/Fuyou rooms (where EP just hangs in the air waiting to be collected while Fuyou roam around)?
I'll think about that and get back to you. That essay was the result of my very tired brain at late enough at night that it was instead early in the morning. I'll see how I can fit those rooms into the theory later once I'm no longer dead tired.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
The lackluster ending could be due to leaving it last in development. It happens often with books as well as games: the story is finished, but because the epilogue wasn't thought out beforehand, it's a bit of a wet fart after the main events. Basically, it's the author or authors at their most tired (exhausted, deadline looming, out of ideas, over the work...).

Starting from a good climax and then writing the story to it is a better method for guaranteeing maximum impact. That's something I regularly find myself thinking about.

That said, who knows how Fuyou did things. Their games are quite cohesive and always surprise me with the depth of detail, so there's obviously good effort and plenty of planning.

PS I enjoyed the understated ending, personally. There's no big bang, just a little nod to there having been different timelines or universes or whatever, and the protagonist continuing their life after the adventure. "It was all a dream" would deflate a bigger or more dramatic story, but it fit the game and its minimalist storytelling in my mind. Could have rewarded virgin runs better, of course, but maybe there wasn't enough time for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RottenCitizen

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I've got a way to fit it into my previous theory. Those rooms are the 'feeding' rooms, where the Gravid dump the extra EP they have to keep the Fuyou distracted. That's why they are filled with Fuyou, and why they constantly refill. Because the Gravid keep dumping more EP in their to keep the Fuyou from wandering away and potentially getting into the worlds where the Gravid generate their own EP, or one of the worlds they are trying to corrupt.

Reactions: RottenCitizen

95Sty

Aug 15, 2018
So using a macro over a 3 hour nap, I can reasonably confirm that there's a limiter on how high your corruption can go based on how far you are in the game. I've got these statistics and I can't even access the clothing shop yet, and Im willing to be sure that its because I'm only on that stage with the sidescrolling mansion from the school roof.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Interesting. Could be flagged as well as stats-based. (Well, flags other than ones tripped by stats, I guess.)

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Makes sense. In the corruption run I'm doing, I went hard into the corruption at first (Needed to let off steam after the virgin run) and several times didn't quite get unlocks when your own stat list said I should. So I think it's a double (and for some tripple) flag system, with corruption and story progress being needed, as well as some events for others (like having purchased condoms).

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Oh that. I mentally regard that as the 'egg' symbol, and having it described as a droplet prevented me from making the connection. Glad someone figured it out though.

Reactions: Genexis
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes