Febui

May 6, 2022
Several cracks and blotches on walls can be traversed, allowing me to get on top of walls. This seems to never be deliberate.
Also I went up this rope in the sewers under the garrison and suspect the light an entryway to another map, but I just pass right through it.
1696420946095.png
Also I found an adventurer in the sewer. I gave her a tear to revive her, and she was still laying there, and I gave her another by accident, repeating the scene.
I went to the guild and talked to her, found out her name is Seris, and she offered to take me to dinner, but whenI accept, the conversation is over and that's it. I can talk again to get the same conversation and the same offer. Nothing changes, still just ends the conversation.

If I go to Reina's home, I can't leave. There is no exit, walking onto the door tile does nothing.

For some reason I could equip the heavy branch in Reina's offhand, but she'll just unequip it after battle, or randomly. Not sure. Haven't had this problem after I got her a second dagger.

Most characters have no NTR scenes in the replay room, and I assume there is no NTR that available in play, but NOT in the replay room.
Kasumi doesn't have "nothing" in her NTR menu, she doesn't have an NTR menu at all. Just an empty spot in the room. Not really a bug, I guess, but weird, since that doesn't apply to anyone else.
1696421353399.png
Do correct me if I'm wrong and there are more NTR scenes than indicated in the replay room. NTR is why I'm playing in the first place.

Febui

May 6, 2022
I took a gamble that freeing the demon would either kill me immediately or grant me a real boon.
Riches? Total pitfall
Power? Probably good, but unnecessary
Love? Yeah, that's either going to lead to NTR, or get me something special
And indeed, I got a new party member! Irina

And now all collision is disabled and no events will trigger. The game is broken and cannot continue. Damn.
Do me a favor and tell me if it's a mistake to have taken Irina or not.

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
I took a gamble that freeing the demon would either kill me immediately or grant me a real boon.
Riches? Total pitfall

And now all collision is disabled and no events will trigger. The game is broken and cannot continue. Damn.
Game breaks regardless of what choice you make there

Silvar0Aim

Nov 21, 2021
found a glitch when you free the demon it glitches out causing you to be able to go anywhere but also stops you from interating with anything
another glitch i found is during the assasin lady family introduction you cant leave the house

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
found a glitch when you free the demon it glitches out causing you to be able to go anywhere but also stops you from interating with anything
another glitch i found is during the assasin lady family introduction you cant leave the house
I found that it glitches out even if you choose not to free the demon :-( .

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Wait so this version doesnt even have all the old scenes it used to have? The Meriak quest doesnt work and Kasumi doesnt have the bar event anymore shes got some type of cursed ring which is cool but is the old scene cut out now? And is the old Meriak conclusion scene cut out no to?
where is amelia NTR event? I remember there was one chain of story where she got pregnant
Yes. Some old events were cut. I am going to replace them eventually with new ones that are more in line with my current design. Already started on the Meriak x Elinore one as evident.

Some parts of that event line will have changes for other parts of the of the game too. If Elinore marries Meriak you'll get an opportunity to skip the entire slum main quest with the help of his soldiers, as an example.

Could anyone please solve this problem?
If you mean the screen being completely black, there is an inventory item that can restore your screen, called Image Debugger (or something like that) in the Key item category.

Thank you very much for the bug reports! I was fairly certain I had tested the demon event, because I had played through it successfully before, but something must have happened since then to fuck it up again.

Hotfix:

Changes:
You can no longer get up the rope in the Sewer section
Seris rescue in the sewers no longer endlessly repeats
You can exit Reina's house
"Kasumi has nothing in the place of her NTR in the replay room" is fixed
Collision being disabled after the Demon Offer in the Academy Dungeon F3 is fixed
Remento now should have the correct fight, and not a fight against 2 goblins
Niranel and Janderic should now no longer be invisible when gaining access to the academy

Installation: Copy + Paste data folder from the .rar into the Ephemeral Gate folder and overwrite the files.

Last edited:

張先生

Mar 25, 2023
If you mean the screen being completely black, there is an inventory item that can restore your screen, called Image Debugger (or something like that) in the Key item category.

After the conversation, the character was stuck in the upper left corner and the screen was completely black. Just now I tried to adjust the color or screen size, but it didn't work.

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
After the conversation, the character was stuck in the upper left corner and the screen was completely black. Just now I tried to adjust the color or screen size, but it didn't work.
Which conversation was this specifically?

Reactions: Feyd

Febui

May 6, 2022
Whoops, updated the link.
I had last saved just before the demon deal to get Irina, so I went ahead and got her, no bugs!
Then I decided, before I get to what I ASSUME is a boss fight, I'll go back home and heal up, restoring all mana and so on, plus check Reina's house. All good.
Then I go back
1696542028085.png
Zaragzul is back!
And he says I'm a fool for denying his gifts and now I get nothing, and he'll remember this slight. Even while Irina is my slot 1 character, staring him down.

Reactions: Wr1ckad

Febui

May 6, 2022
Also once again, talking to Seris, the adventurer from the sewers, will not work. I can accept the dinner invitation and that's just the end of the conversation, just like before.
I see you fixed the sewer rope by just removing the bottom of it. Still cracks in the walls in a number of places that you can traverse. Also a sewer gate or two.
Missing in Actions either definitely has the guards not spawning anywhere, or they're the skeletons
But I can't interact with the skeletons
1696543092641.png
Diplomatic Immunity quest doesn't progress, as far as I can tell. Whether I go to the embassy with Elinore in party or AS Elinore by switching, the door cannot be interacted with.
1696543256781.png
And this is a mess of text. It's in a weird order and is very repetitive, not like natural speech at all.
"If you have business with the embassy, go talk to somebody inside, don't bother me about it." Something like that.
Also the main quest has not been updating the objectives
1696543537568.png
As you can see, Riot in the Streets and What Lies Beneath are both completed quests, but they aren't checked off.

Reactions: Wr1ckad

張先生

Mar 25, 2023
Also once again, talking to Seris, the adventurer from the sewers, will not work. I can accept the dinner invitation and that's just the end of the conversation, just like before.
I see you fixed the sewer rope by just removing the bottom of it. Still cracks in the walls in a number of places that you can traverse. Also a sewer gate or two.
Missing in Actions either definitely has the guards not spawning anywhere, or they're the skeletons
But I can't interact with the skeletons
View attachment 2983292
Diplomatic Immunity quest doesn't progress, as far as I can tell. Whether I go to the embassy with Elinore in party or AS Elinore by switching, the door cannot be interacted with.
View attachment 2983294
And this is a mess of text. It's in a weird order and is very repetitive, not like natural speech at all.
"If you have business with the embassy, go talk to somebody inside, don't bother me about it." Something like that.
Also the main quest has not been updating the objectives
View attachment 2983302
As you can see, Riot in the Streets and What Lies Beneath are both completed quests, but they aren't checked off.
This game has so many bugs that it’s a bit exaggerated

Febui

May 6, 2022
After having some time to stew on it, I'll mention I don't like the way enemy spawning and hidden items are done.
Being able to interact with every little doodad in a dungeon to get mostly the same filler text but SOMETIMES items is actually hell on my RPG instincts. It makes me feel compelled to way my time bumping every barrel, every table, every pile of rocks, everything. This is the sort of thing that, after I've beaten a game, I realize never mattered and I know where the only good things are so subsequent playthroughs are easy
But this doesn't have the makings of "multiple playthroughs" game.

Please make some kind of visual hint about which doodads have loot. It doesn't have to be as obvious as the alchemical goop thing. Just something so I can learn what will have loot and what won't.
I'm PSYCHOTIC, I need HELP.
A subtle glow on lootables, or something that you can realize "Okay, there's never something in rocks that are the same color as the surroundings, but these rocks are pearly white in this grey hall, so there must be loot." Things that are noticably not like other doodads in the environment are a good place to stuff bonus loot. But I can say for sure, this game has too many lootable doodads that are no different from pointless ones.

I'm mixed on enemy encounters. I think being able to clear out enemies in a place and not have them respawn when you change rooms is nice. I'm just worried the game would punish me for not killing them all. I need a friendly warning that there's no need to kill everything... Which, I'm sure there is no need to kill everything. It's just a waste of time.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention.
Before entering the freeroam portion in the city, there's the guild member who wants help with wolves. In the wolf forest, there's a place full of undead that some boy is running from. There's nothing to do there right now, right? Because in gameplay, there's nothing. There's no quest, there's a few enemies, no loot, that's all. There's an oddly labeled tomb, but you can't go inside, you can't interact with the gate. The Orelian Family Crypt or something. Can't enter it.
If there's a quest or anything of value in that place, then that's a bug. Talking to the boy back in the village outside the city won't do anything, he just talks about being scared and mentioned wondering about his mother or something.

And let me think if there's anything else... Oh yeah, the art is 3D so it's generally bad, but the male characters are exceptionally awful. In particular that comes to mind is that one guy in the Elinore NTR stuff. Which is bad NTR, since you have 0 romantic chemistry with Elinore. Before you start bonding with a character, NTR is pretty empty and meaningless. Once things get further along in development, you should gate the NTR behind more dating stuff. And try to generally make it feel like the main character feels something for the girls during regular events. If the player's character doesn't care about the girl, it's not NTR by any definition when the girl goes to a swinger party in an under cover investigation with her colleague (Lucielle NTR chain). That's just... unrelated characters having their own hentai antics.
It'll be a long way off, I'm sure, but I think a great tactic to make the player feel more connected to a wide cast of potential love interests is to give them all unique quests that shake up normal play. You can only field a party of 4, so make th eplayer use different characters by making specific groupings or limiting them for a quest. Play as just Haru and Reina in a little quest where she doesn't want the other girls to know, but she wants, for example, her lucky dagger that the guards took from her when she was caught one time as a child. So you investigate a bit together to figure out if they even have it, you sneak inside to get it, you have a few fights balanced around only Haru and Reina being in the party, and she gets her lucky dagger, which is a good secondary weapon that has some special effect on it. The only companion quest I've seen is the maid one, but I assume from "companion quest" being its own category, you do plan on things like this.
It'll make NTR good if you bond with the character beforehand.

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Thank you for the feedback and bug reports. Really. It helps a lot! And it's nice to see someone give the game a shot and share their opinion on it. I know I have a long way to go still.

I'm just worried the game would punish me for not killing them all
If you just want to play through the story there should be no need to clear out all the enemies. I could probably mention the intent that you don't need to clear all the areas to keep up.

male characters are exceptionally awful
I'm not saying it's impossible to make good looking, or less awful looking male characters, but Honey Select 2 is pretty limited when it comes to male options, unfortunately. I'll try to make them better in the future, or at least less awful.

The Orelian Family Crypt
This location is accessed in Amelia's companion quest, if you get her relationship up far enough.

This is actually intentional. I'll clarify in coming versions that they just suck at the language of Alanse.

Reactions: Feyd and Febui

Febui

May 6, 2022
I could probably mention the intent that you don't need to clear all the areas to keep up.
I appreciate it. I imagine the exp rates of later enemies are so much higher than early ones that the difference of avoiding a dozen mooks is negligible on your level.
Honey Select 2 is pretty limited when it comes to male options
I hope the next guy has a helmet on.
This location is accessed in Amelia's companion quest, if you get her relationship up far enough.
Hm, I had already done the dates that were available. Not accessible for the current update? There's no fast-forward on text, so it would be a huge pain to repeat dates if that's what I have to do. If I have to repeat any text in this game at any point, I hope you add the usual holding ctrl to fast forward like other RPGmaker games have.
This is actually intentional. I'll clarify in coming versions that they just suck at the language of Alanse.
If they remark something in their native language briefly before speaking broken English, that'd effectively convey that their messy grammar is by design.
Or you could have either guard say something different but also broken. As it stands, they say the same thing except one is missing a comma. If they have different remarks, it's more obvious that's a gimmick of these foreign guards and not just standard writing of a game on f95.
If they're supposed to be quite rude and dismissive, could be direct with one of them saying "I am not answer questions, Alansen is ugly language. Go inside."
Just some thoughts on that. I don't want the change to be the text staying the same and Haru saying "You talk weird," in response.

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
Riches? Total pitfall

Same damned thing just happened to me!!! If you don't free it same result...

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes