3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Not to mention it's totally irrelevant what the status is here. They've got an English language patreon and the link is in the OP.
So if you really wanna get into it, it's just a click away in this case.

You can even decide to shill away and pay him to do more sweet nothings.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
Yep and it's a good rule, because regardless of what the dev says it's effectively abandoned. If he was at least working on it it would just get "on-hold" status, but he is not.
this dev has gotten the abandoned tag befor so meh i persinaly think there needs to be more proof then just no sign for a year

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Lol what proof do you want? No updates for one year --> abandoned tag. Pretty clear rule, and gives everyone finding this thread a clear image of what to expect from this game in the future. And if it happens to get updated, the tag will be removed. Easy.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Considering the dev's patreon is still active and showing progress the Abandoned tag IS misleading.

I usually press "Ignored" on abandoned games to avoid running into them when filtering through tags but this game is presumably still under development and probably will receive more updates by the looks of it, just because it is taking some time doesn't mean it was abandoned as the yellow tag would led you to believe.
This one year rule makes sense when there is no sign of development anywhere, but the patreon clearly states otherwise.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Armelle69

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
This one year rule makes sense when there is no sign of development anywhere, but the patreon clearly states otherwise.
Nope, he is not working on it and there is no sign of any development on patreon, link something if you can find it.
If he was working on it the game would get "on hold" tag instead, like his other game that he IS actually working on at the snail pace.

• Thinking Face

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
Considering the dev's patreon is still active and showing progress the Abandoned tag IS misleading.

I usually press "Ignored" on abandoned games to avoid running into them when filtering through tags but this game is presumably still under development and probably will receive more updates by the looks of it, just because it is taking some time doesn't mean it was abandoned as the yellow tag would led you to believe.

Dude, the most recent version of the game on his patreon is 0.5.2 from February 2020. The most recent post related to the game is from June 2020 with a few sketches of monsters, apparently. So where's the development? Where's any info about the state the game is in? Why are they taking so long?

They didn't update the game in over a year, with no explanation, while they are still working on another game (just as slowly). The tag is well deserved. If you think it's misleading you can go ahead and ask why they didn't update the game and if they are going to start working on it again. If they confirm that they will then you can suggest changing the tag.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017

Many games are in "still active" state, but a lot of them never get finished or even updated. Talk is cheap.

Probably, the brightest examples of "still active state" are Yummy Tiger update history (almost no updates, but in development since 2017) and Dragon Date dev/s update history (also, almost no updates AND they collected more than they needed money at Kickstarter, and their game was promised to be delivered in 2016 xD ).
akelol.JPG

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
My point was simply that the Abandoned tag is a bit drastic and probably would require either the devs declaring the game as abandoned or completely vanish for a long time. In this case his patreon has a post as recent as FEB 21 even if it isn't necessarily about this game the dev seems to be "alive".

As a side note, another game from the same dev naked adventure is more than a year without updates but kept the "OnHold" tag somehow and I believe having the same tag here would be less misleading also.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
My point was simply that the Abandoned tag is a bit drastic and probably would require either the devs declaring the game as abandoned or completely vanish for a long time. In this case his patreon has a post as recent as FEB 21 even if it isn't necessarily about this game the dev seems to be "alive".

As a side note, another game from the same dev naked adventure is more than a year without updates but kept the "OnHold" tag somehow and I believe having the same tag here would be less misleading also.
Yeah, the careless dev decided to do one more game and, considering their production speed, never finish their games. True, both games are pretty much abandoned. I absolutely agree with you that it would be misleading to recommend this dev to anyone.

Reactions: TheByQ

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Well, that's because it's in active development with progress reports and stuff, he is actually working on Naked Adventure while Era Hunter is collecting dust somewhere in a corner of his hard drive.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Well, that's because it's in active development with progress reports and stuff, he is actually working on Naked Adventure while Era Hunter is collecting dust somewhere in a corner of his hard drive.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Unless Dev start posting on his Patreon news about this game then the game can be considered "abandoned" because the last time we got anything about Erahunter was last year, now he's focusing on Naked adventure and just share and talk about that game so yes this game did deserved to be marked as such. Honestly to say but I really don't understand how Dev team working so slow for each project to the point of go from at least 2 updates for 1 game per year now become 1 per year with very minimum content in it?

Reactions: Gerdybird43

Gerdybird43

May 12, 2020
Unless Dev start posting on his Patreon news about this game then the game can be considered "abandoned" because the last time we got anything about Erahunter was last year, now he's focusing on Naked adventure and just share and talk about that game so yes this game did deserved to be marked as such. Honestly to say but I really don't understand how Dev team working so slow for each project to the point of go from at least 2 updates for 1 game per year now become 1 per year with very minimum content in it?
Bruh its the perfect scam. Has he posted any updates on Naked Adventures since he's "working" on that?

That being said, you can't expect him to give an update at all really... He's a random guy working on a pet project with no prior experience to making games so him not getting far in development is understandable too.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That being said, you can't expect him to give an update at all really... He's a random guy working on a pet project with no prior experience to making games so him not getting far in development is understandable too.
I think that's too kind in this case. Even if it's only a hobby and even if you only invest like 4 or 5 hours a week, you'd be producing some decent content within a year or two. This looks way more like somebody had a good week or two, created the art and then lost interest. Because let's face it, that's about the amount of work which actually went into the game art wise, probably even less if we are talking about somebody who has experience in drawing that kind of anime art.

The least one can expect is some degree of honesty about the situation and the fact that that never happened should be the ultimate red flag.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Bruh its the perfect scam. Has he posted any updates on Naked Adventures since he's "working" on that?

I can get behind it if he was a young developer that just start making game, but he's done so since 2017 so it can't be an excuse anymore. Not just that but he got more than 2000USD/month so it should be a great motivate for him to pumping out new updates faster and expanding his team with skilled artists and codders to help with so yeah we can all agreed that it was a scam or simply he reach his goal and now decide to laid back and enjoy money from patreon cash cows

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I can get behind it if he was a young developer that just start making game, but he's done so since 2017 so it can't be an excuse anymore. Not just that but he got more than 2000USD/month so it should be a great motivate for him to pumping out new updates faster and expanding his team with skilled artists and codders to help with so yeah we can all agreed that it was a scam or simply he reach his goal and now decide to laid back and enjoy money from patreon cash cows
He ain't been doing it for 4 years though. Maybe a few weeks of on & off work across 4 years.
Nobody would get a sixpack either if their exercise schedule was like that. So no, you do not become an experienced game DEV like that.

The fact that updates are so slow also make it suspect at best that he'd have the balls to roll out 2 seperate games rather than focus on 1. If you have little time for anything, then you focus your efforts on 1 thing to at least get something done once rather than barely anything twice.

I think he just found something to hook an audience (2 seperate hooks to hook more people), built up the cashflow of his Patreon and is now just coasting along.
That's the problem with those simps that're always paying despite not getting anything in return. But rather than a thot having guys simping on Twitch ... this guy found a way to have anime tiddies make guys simp on Patreon. :sneaky:

So why would he really need to bother to do much of anything anyway? You keep getting the money, so why bother.

On a side note ...
I feel Patreon's system for game DEV kind of encourages the never ending DEV cycle though. Why would a game DEV ever wanna 'finish' his game if it means his funds might then dry up. So those games get drawn out and drawn out and extended and extended for years. I prefer the Kickstarter concept where you get a completed product all at once.
Though that has the risk of getting nothing at all, so yeah, there's that.

Still, getting back to Erahunter then, the Patreons gotta keep the creator to account too, if the Patreon system is to work out.
If nothing worth their money is delivered, the funds should just dry up, forcing them to 'earn' their money. You can have a slow week, a slow month, but not a slow whole year.

Reactions: Gerdybird43

Gerdybird43

May 12, 2020
On a side note ...
I feel Patreon's system for game DEV kind of encourages the never ending DEV cycle though. Why would a game DEV ever wanna 'finish' his game if it means his funds might then dry up. So those games get drawn out and drawn out and extended and extended for years.
The perfect scam!

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Why would a game DEV ever wanna 'finish' his game if it means his funds might then dry up. So those games get drawn out and drawn out and extended and extended for years.
To be fair, there are quite a few examples of devs who managed that well and whose new games where indeed even more successful than their first ones. I mean, NLT, DrPinkcake, ICSTOR (before things turned sour), Faerin, etc. all had rather well going projects before and managed to increase their income massively by moving to the next project.

I'd indeed even argue that it'll usually benefit a dev to work, get a game done properly, move on and to simply create a better product with the experiences and the fanbase he's earned. By drawing out/half-assing a project the best you'll probably reach is stagnation, while you could have actual growth and a lot more money instead.

It's the same here. If they had bothered to really care for the game they easily could have made three, four or five times the money per month.

Last edited:

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
On a side note ...
I feel Patreon's system for game DEV kind of encourages the never ending DEV cycle though. Why would a game DEV ever wanna 'finish' his game if it means his funds might then dry up. So those games get drawn out and drawn out and extended and extended for years. I prefer the Kickstarter concept where you get a completed product all at once.
Though that has the risk of getting nothing at all, so yeah, there's that.
Kickstarter is scammy too.

Finishing a game gives you good reputation, there are a few devs that i would become a patreon of just because of that if i had some spare income (soon), for example the dev of Raven Quest, Hypnosis and a few others, like 5 dev teams in total.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
To be fair, there are quite a few examples of devs who managed that well and whose new games where indeed even more successful than their first ones. I mean, NLT, DrPinkcake, ICSTOR (before things turned sour), Faerin, etc. all had rather well going projects before and managed to increase their income massively by moving to the next project.

I'd indeed even argue that it'll usually benefit a dev to work, get a game done properly, move on and to simply create a better product with the experiences and the fanbase he's earned. By drawing out/half-assing a project the best you'll probably reach is stagnation, while you could have actual growth and a lot more money instead.

It's the same here. If they had bothered to really care for the game they easily could have made three, four or five times the money per month.
I'm not saying there aren't any examples of those that ever finished a game via Patreon. And not all of those that are going on for years and years are as bad as this guy either.

But still ... I tend to prefer a finished product since it's very common for a 'work in progress' to get a major rework at some points which totally invalidate your saves, forcing you to start over. This is not something I'm willing to do bar any possible exceptional exceptions.

From what I can tell games like Alansya Chronicles (still going after like apparently 5 years) or Renryu Ascension (also apparently 5 years) are still going after many years. Though I can't say those are going to be bad games, it's hard for me to commit to something unfinished as I'm the 'binge watching type' that just hits it & quits it. I play a game, tend to 100% it where possible and move on, never looking back again.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes