3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I'm not saying there aren't any examples of those that ever finished a game via Patreon. And not all of those that are going on for years and years are as bad as this guy either.

But still ... I tend to prefer a finished product since it's very common for a 'work in progress' to get a major rework at some points which totally invalidate your saves, forcing you to start over. This is not something I'm willing to do bar any possible exceptional exceptions.

From what I can tell games like Alansya Chronicles (still going after like apparently 5 years) or Renryu Ascension (also apparently 5 years) are still going after many years. Though I can't say those are going to be bad games, it's hard for me to commit to something unfinished as I'm the 'binge watching type' that just hits it & quits it. I play a game, tend to 100% it where possible and move on, never looking back again.
At least both Devs of those 2 project still updating their game daily with decent content and playtime in each update compare to how slow Dev erahunter are, an entire year for 1 update with a couple minutes playtime and then completely silent without any news about the game progress or even some tease that they still working on it. I'm fine with unfinished games that have been develop for 3-5 years but it need to have decent content and frequently updates so supporters can expect and know when it will came out and what is new in that update than just sideline and ignore the patreons

joshtrap

Nov 4, 2019
from what ive seen playing these types of games this "abandonment" issue is very frequent. the one freshest in my mind is that monster girl island game, which is also going off patreon and having nearly zero updates over a long period of time

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
Many games are in "still active" state, but a lot of them never get finished or even updated. Talk is cheap.

Probably, the brightest examples of "still active state" are Yummy Tiger
God, I almost forgot about YT. I supported the dude, both morally and financially, I loved the concept of his game, I like the art, damn, it was perfect... But yeah, now dude's a perfect example of an effectively abandoned game.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
It was 1st April joke that he finally released something.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: View attachment 1128451
I think Tiger did actually release the new update on his discord, but how much content and playtime is what I want to know. Would be a slap to the face if 4 years of waiting and players only got like 10 minutes of new content like the case of Erahunter and Naked adventure

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
I think Tiger did actually release the new update on his discord, but how much content and playtime is what I want to know. Would be a slap to the face if 4 years of waiting and players only got like 10 minutes of new content like the case of Erahunter and Naked adventure
The last update was announced in December 2020 and since then 6 months passed. If it really existed, it is weird that it is still hanging somewhere and we can't discuss it..

Jan btw1.JPG

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
The last update was announced in December 2020 and since then 6 months passed. If it really existed, it is weird that it is still hanging somewhere and we can't discuss it..

View attachment 1128676
Must be the agreement between Dev with his supporters that lucky enough to become the build testers, they can't discuss or spoil the content or talk about it until Tiger decide it was good enough
And I think we need to move to the thread ofAylia's story for further discussion in the future, this thread was for erahunter so I'm afraid Mods would delete our posts

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Must be the agreement between Dev with his supporters that lucky enough to become the build testers, they can't discuss or spoil the content or talk about it until Tiger decide it was good enough
And I think we need to move to the thread ofAylia's story for further discussion in the future, this thread was for erahunter so I'm afraid Mods would delete our posts
Keeping it forever in a test room to me is weird, too. I already mentioned here that rpg maker games offer everything rpg maker devs need to put together a healthy working game. No idea why would their games don't work. They must be completely ignoring all youtube guides, thousands of guides, lol. They don't have to learn programming and design a new bicycle.

No, we don't have to move, we can stop here. I only explain why I find it weird.

Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
how is this dev getting 2k per month without releasing any game update for more than a year?
That's what I really want to know and still can't find any answer for that, and the last Patreon post was around 2 month ago too. Did this Dev have any discord?

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
There's something about this game that really does it for me; the cute art style, the humor, the sexual situations, the wide-eyed innocence.. I really miss it and wanted to see more. I wish the author would realize what a fan base it has and resume his work on it. Once the MC becomes an official EraHunter, there is much more potential for game development and story line than in his other game. If he really doesn't want to go back to it, at least let someone else give it the attention it deserves like what happened with Urban Demons.

Apr 24, 2021
Well it seems I am late to the party and it appears like others have said this game is abandoned, but I'm going to try it anyway, thank you for uploading.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Good news if yall havent seen, it appears this game isn't dead! apprently they are hard at work on the next update but there focus is on naked adventure atm
Unless the next update we got a decent amount of content and playtime then I won't be too exciting about the news, it took them more than a year just for an update so in a way the game went very cold now. If the update only contain very little playtime like this one then it was not worth it

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes