3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
VNs are games in the same way that a choose your own adventure book is a game. In some ways yes it sort of is, but in other ways it's something else. I'd argue that VNs require a lot more creative effort than a game does, because a game can get by on well designed mechanics.

Blender is pretty cool, I've been playing around with it since the 1st version released. I still script in RPGM MV occasionally, but I've been working more with Godot and Renpy lately. If you like VNs, I highly recommend giving Renpy a try.

Scripts don't just fix poor creativity, the lack of scripts just show a lack of coding prowess. Using scripts as a substitute for eventing is also dumb, and it's less necessary in MV than it was in previous versions of the engine, but it's still pretty necessary for anything you make as more than a hobby.
Making your own art is also technically optional, but most people aren't going to play a game that primarily uses the art that comes with the engine.
Games definitely require more effort, I understand you, but, well, people like me may care only about characters and events happening in your game. You should notice people asking for save files or telling that they completely skip small updates. It should be a hint that people like me exist who don't want to replay minigames, puzzles or enjoy other features. You can put a lot of time and work in something not really important. When I first subscribed to Era I didn't expect them/him/her to add a better battle later or something else. I just liked characters. I won't comment on the rest, because this is all I want to say.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Games definitely require more effort, I understand you, but, well, people like me may care only about characters and events happening in your game. You should notice people asking for save files or telling that they completely skip small updates. It should be a hint that people like me exist who don't want to replay minigames, puzzles or enjoy other features. You can put a lot of time and work in something not really important. When I first subscribed to Era I didn't expect them/him/her to add a better battle later or something else. I just liked characters. I won't comment on the rest, because this is all I want to say.
He just said that. In VN's what matters is content and in games you can subside it with gameplay, that's why VN's require more creativity. I would consider 99% of RPGM games on this site VN's with gameplay replacing sandbox mode in Ren'Py VN's - something that adds world and setting to the story while simultaneously lengthening the gameplay.

The two big examples i can think of would be Karryn's Prison and A Poor Whore, Karryn's Prison has a HUGE amount of scripts and is pretty complex on the technical side (not necessarily in a good way), meanwhile A Poor Whore is really simple on the technical side of things using probably not even a single custom asset. Both games are amazing due to their content, mostly irrelevant of the actual gameplay (in Karryn' Prison gameplay is fun though).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Captain Wet Beard
Dec 9, 2017
what a waste , any recomment game like this game ? I really want to play game like this
There are a few depending on what you're specifically looking for.
You could also make one, it isn't particularly hard to create event based smut games in RPGM MV.

"Violated Heroine" is always my 1st recommendation, you can find it if you google around.
"Melty's Quest" is another solid option and is more accessible.
"Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret" is another good one imo.

Those 3 are a good place to start, and you'll likely find other recommendations by reading through the threads for them.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
what a waste , any recomment game like this game ? I really want to play game like this
There is a ton of japanese games like this, off the top of my head Princess Go Round and Liz of the Tower are really similar. This game is nothing unique or new tbh.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Oct 21, 2019
I'll add my two words about this game and their abandonment situation:
1. Authors are real people with real life ongoing and they can have issues (such as personal stuff, creativity burnout, etc)
2. People which support authors on Patreon are free to cancel their subscription at any time
3. Even if authors are lazy scammers whose only purpose is to collect money and do nothing -bring constructive evidence
Thus said, you shouldn't insult authors and/or blame them. Although I agree that with some effort and spare time you could do games way faster, it is still the author's choice to have such slow pacing of production. It would've brought more money or fame to them if they'd work more delinquent, in my opinion, but it's their vision of things.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
1. Authors are real people with real life ongoing and they can have issues (such as personal stuff, creativity burnout, etc)
And this is why Grimhelm freezes his patreon each time he has no time or no will to work on the game. Meanwhile, this team keeps posting stuff like "new update soon", "we are still working on this" or "look at those new sprites!" every few months and then nothing happens, but they are still taking the money.
3. Even if authors are lazy scammers whose only purpose is to collect money and do nothing -bring constructive evidence
I mean, this is blatantly obvious if you read development history of this game and their posts on patreon. There's nothing but "bait" posts since initial update and some bug fixes, zero development.
They are lazy scammers and if you want to prove otherwise then you should show some proof that game is being developed or at least a message from the dev explaining what's happening (if you even can to contact them).
Thus said, you shouldn't insult authors and/or blame them. Although I agree that with some effort and spare time you could do games way faster, it is still the author's choice to have such slow pacing of production. It would've brought more money or fame to them if they'd work more delinquent, in my opinion, but it's their vision of things.
Yeah, sure. They can produce the game at their own pace. But this doesn't explain why they go radio-silent on their supporters for months.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
And this is why Grimhelm freezes his patreon each time he has no time or no will to work on the game. Meanwhile, this team keeps posting stuff like "new update soon", "we are still working on this" or "look at those new sprites!" every few months and then nothing happens, but they are still taking the money.

I mean, this is blatantly obvious if you read development history of this game and their posts on patreon. There's nothing but "bait" posts since initial update and some bug fixes, zero development.
They are lazy scammers and if you want to prove otherwise then you should show some proof that game is being developed or at least a message from the dev explaining what's happening (if you even can to contact them).

Yeah, sure. They can produce the game at their own pace. But this doesn't explain why they go radio-silent on their supporters for months.
Maybe this game isn't a scam (or maybe a very big scam) but for sure the developer are a money milker who know how to exploit a bunch of loyal sheeps that will throw large money at him and wait patiently for years in exchange for a piece of straw, a very unhealthy and questionable relationship that rival Stockholm syndrome
In the end there's nothing for Dev team to excuse themself with their behavior and long time development but with very small content and short playtime for each update that clearly worth 1 month at best and 2 month if they have real life problem

Oct 21, 2019

I do agree with how it preferably should be, but my point was that you shouldn't insult the authors for that. It's their right and their decision. As long as people support them it's alright, but if they'll lose their subscriptions because of their attitude then it'll be their problem.
I guess you are right here.

• Angry
Reactions: RedPillBlues

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
If the current 'Twitch thot' culture has proven anything, it's that there's more than plenty of people online these days with way too much money burning a hole in their pocket ... that they're wiling to spend on, well ... nothing ... or anything. :unsure:

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Is there any way to contact the authors? Discord link preferably.
They have patreon and stuff, they are working on a different game right now at the pace of 1 update per 1.5 year.

Btw, i've read your review and there are a lot of games like this one, just not natively in english. Check translated japanese games and start with the ones from Clymenia or other reputable studio.

Oct 21, 2019
They have patreon and stuff, they are working on a different game right now at the pace of 1 update per 1.5 year.

Btw, i've read your review and there are a lot of games like this one, just not natively in english. Check translated japanese games and start with the ones from Clymenia or other reputable studio.
I've played a few but this particular one feels very different. Probably because of good art, character development focus, non-hypertrophied body, and absence of cringe shit like having sex in front of a children. But yeah, I believe there are more and I'm willing to test them eventually.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Can I ask you if you know games similar to this?
There is a metric ton of games like this in japanese and quite a few of them are translated (that's where the idea for this game came from, or more like from Yummy Tiger's scam which was based on japanese games back in the day), check Salvation, Liz of the Tower, Violated Heroine, Princess go Round just off the top of my head. There is also Karryn's Prison and its authors previous game or Naked Order and Naked Order Plus, Mucchi Muchi series and more.

Reactions: zeaxie
3.70 star(s) 27 Votes