3.70 star(s) 27 Votes
Oct 23, 2020
ReleaseDate of releaseTime between releases (days)How much they were making at that specific time ($)
NA v0.X​
-​
528​
2043​
EH v0.5​
4.02.2020​
381​
1856​
NA v0.3​
19.01.2019​
295​
668​
EH v0.4​
30.03.2018​
121​
535​
EH v0.3​
29.11.2017​
91​
265​
EH v0.2​
30.08.2017​
77​
74​
EH v0.1​
14.06.2017​
First release ever​
9​

Also,
The lowest tier is just 1$ a month, so it's possible that people subscribed when the devs were more active and then completely forgot about it, especially if they support multiple people.
About that,
AAAAAAAAA.png
If you look at the graph of their patrons since last 3 months from , you’ll see how ~100 patrons monthly renew their subscription manually and the rest ~800 patrons just leave it automatic.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
ReleaseDate of releaseTime between releases (days)How much they were making at that specific time ($)
NA v0.X​
-​
528​
2043​
EH v0.5​
4.02.2020​
381​
1856​
NA v0.3​
19.01.2019​
295​
668​
EH v0.4​
30.03.2018​
121​
535​
EH v0.3​
29.11.2017​
91​
265​
EH v0.2​
30.08.2017​
77​
74​
EH v0.1​
14.06.2017​
First release ever​
9​

Also,

About that,
View attachment 1301397
If you look at the graph of their patrons since last 3 months from , you’ll see how ~100 patrons monthly renew their subscription manually and the rest ~800 patrons just leave it automatic.
So the lazy Dev and his team are the successful in financial they got? Damn! I wish I got that ability and no wonder why so many Devs become milkers, those idiots patreons help and encouraging this behavior

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
So the lazy Dev and his team are the successful in financial they got? Damn! I wish I got that ability and no wonder why so many Devs become milkers, those idiots patreons help and encouraging this behavior
That surprises nobody ya know. Ain't any different with many other subscriptions.
People subscribe to something, it costs them a few bucks a month, then forget they have it, but keep paying for it anyway.

But of course, we get it, if you can get 2K a month for sitting on your ass or hanging around in a hammock all day long sipping mai tais it's like ... why would I bother?

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
I think it all comes down to what motivates the developer. There are people who love making games, love seeing a project completed and love making their fans happy. People like that will make steady progress in spite of work, relationships, illness and equipment failures. I have a friend that is a surgeon and he told me it sickened him to hear other physicians say they only did it to make a lot of money. He said you should do something because you have a passion for it, not for the money. My respect for him doubled when he said that. I wish the Erohunter team would get in touch with what got them interested in making games and rekindle that fire because there is a lot of talent there. Sure, they are making money in the short term, but with a tarnished reputation it will be much more difficult to find support in the future. Having self respect, seeing a job done well and making others happy has it's own rewards and I hope they come to see that one day if it's not too late.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not expecting anything from them anymore really. They just coasting along now, cashing an extra paycheck each and every month.
I sure as hell wouldn't mind getting a free second paycheck every month for doing absolutely nothing.

But I have to disagree with you on the whole 'do it for the passion only' thing. You can have as much passion about something as you please. If it ain't enough to sustain you it ain't worth anything.
If you want to have fun with your passion, and your passion ain't making you a living wage, do it in your free time then as a hobby.
Too many people mooching off society via the government after wasting their time with economically unviable studies.

The US is the perfect example of that these days, with people going 10's, if not 100's of thousands of $$$ in federally insured debt for useless degrees that offer them nothing at all. Then go work for minimum wage or live on social security.

So no ... money is a perfectly viable reason to choose a career path!
I will say however that it is certainly best if you pick your studies based off something that you at least somewhat like (aside from economic viability). After all, you'll be doing it for the rest of your life (well, technically, since you can stop working in that field at any time).
But anyway ... doing something you really don't like or even hate for any length of time ... well you likely won't ever be very good at it since you won't wanna bother improving and you won't manage to keep doing it really long term.

Especially in a country that puts college students in swathes of debt like the US or even the UK, the economic viability of your diploma should be the primary consideration for your selection, not your passion.

Last edited:

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
I'm not expecting anything from them anymore really. They just coasting along now, cashing an extra paycheck each and every month.
I sure as hell wouldn't mind getting a free second paycheck every month for doing absolutely nothing.

But I have to disagree with you on the whole 'do it for the passion only' thing. You can have as much passion about something as you please. If it ain't enough to sustain you it ain't worth anything.
If you want to have fun with your passion, and your passion ain't making you a living wage, do it in your free time then as a hobby.
Too many people mooching off society via the government after wasting their time with economically unviable studies.

The US is the perfect example of that these days, with people going 10's, if not 100's of thousands of $$$ in federally insured debt for useless degrees that offer them nothing at all. Then go work for minimum wage or live on social security.

So no ... money is a perfectly viable reason to choose a career path!
I will say however that it is certainly best if you pick your studies based off something that you at least somewhat like (aside from economic viability). After all, you'll be doing it for the rest of your life (well, technically, since you can stop working in that field at any time).
But anyway ... doing something you really don't like or even hate for any length of time ... well you likely won't ever be very good at it since you won't wanna bother improving and you won't manage to keep doing it really long term.

Especially in a country that puts college students in swathes of debt like the US or even the UK, the economic viability of your diploma should be the primary consideration for your selection, not your passion.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I agree with you; a person should pick a field that provides a decent living and that they can be satisfied with, but if you also have a passion for it then you will be more motivated to excel in your field and be financially successful. I certainly don't believe in the starving artist meme. I gave up a career in art to pursue something more lucrative, but I wouldn't do it if I hated it. What I meant was I wish Erohunter would rekindle the motivation that got them started and see that it's possible to make more money in the long run by doing a proper job of it.

OnnichanOwO

Jan 28, 2020
wish this game continued was promising was looking for it a long time the name and when i saw abandoned it broke my heart.

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
Actually get really tired of people here, who don't pay a dime and always complaining about someone making money on patreon for "nothing". It sometimes fair, but here we have a game with original high-quality arts, not some renders from HoneySelect, DAZ or Koikatsu. The girls look way better than in japanese games of that kind, and they do lots of poses and arts, not just 20 pics repeated every time, like, again, in Japanese fem protag games.
The story is also good and situations are hot. Yeah, their choice of making two games at once is a doubtful decision, but if it helps them stay motivated then whatever.

My point is, if you think it's so easy to "milk money" on "stupid patrons" then go and try it yourself, no need to be so envy. Or just look at hundreds of really abandoned poor quality games on this site, made by devs with zero or very few supporters and draw a conclusion.
Making games is hard and it's a long process. Especially with RPGmaker, where only one person can work at once. And it becomes even longer when you need to translate everything to english from your native language. Every hour of your gameplay is months of someones work, so have patience and go jerk off at smth else during that time. No need in being a dick on every slow dev out there.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
Let's go.
Actually get really tired of people here, who don't pay a dime and always complaining about someone making money on patreon for "nothing".
And I get tired about missing the point and complaining about other people complaining.
It sometimes fair, but here we have a game with original high-quality arts, not some renders from HoneySelect, DAZ or Koikatsu. The girls look way better than in japanese games of that kind, and they do lots of poses and arts, not just 20 pics repeated every time, like, again, in Japanese fem protag games.
Yeah, sure, art is great but there's not a lot of it and there are still a lot of repeats.
Also, it's just your personal preference if you like this art better than japanese jrps. For my personal taste, it's a little bit too cartoon-ish.
I'm not sure what kind if garbage you've been playing, but this game is really nothing special, especially since there is zero gameplay (just collecting events). Humor is decent, plot is meh (just get a different bikini ffs), events are just rpg-maker classics like "they stole my clothes", stuck in a wall, harassment on the beach, lewd happenings during part-time jobs, etc. They gave those events a different spin (painted bikini instead of swimsuit for an example) but that's not enough.
My point is, if you think it's so easy to "milk money" on "stupid patrons" then go and try it yourself, no need to be so envy.
People don't do that because they are not scumbags and you potentially can get in trouble since essentially it's a scam.
Every hour of your gameplay is months of someones work, so have patience and go jerk off at smth else during that time. No need in being a dick on every slow dev out there.
We understand that. The problem is lack of updates (content or even sneak-peeks or progress notices) and the fact that devs go radio-silent for months. Being slow doesn't stop you from posting updates... Just post a sketch if it was all that you did in one month... something, anything.
If they were just slow - I would be right there with you, bashing complainers and defending those devs. But they are not slow, they are not doing anything. There is zero reason to defend them.

GRIMHELM is an example of a slow dev. It took him a lot of time to complete his game after releasing a very large demo (it was ~30% of the full game). He was so slow he even froze his patreon because he felt bad for taking money from people when there was no progress being made on the game... I'm not expecting every dev to be like this but their patrons at least deserve to know what's going on with the development.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Every hour of your gameplay is months of someones work.
STATEMENT: Ain't really true is it.
In the very very beginning maybe, sure. The conceptual stage. If you have 0 experience and you don't know what you're doing it takes a while to get your bearings. But after you hit your stride there's no excuse for taking months to produce a sliver of content. Even if you ARE working alone on that thing.

Now ... I still have a feed on this thread, but it's pretty much a back 'n forth of the same exact arguments over and over again, so I'll go with an example instead.

I read on Clymenia's Ci-En some time ago that the dude had just quit his fulltime job (couple months ago I guess), so he's been producing games on the side.
He was able to pretty consistently release games within reasonable time frames of 1 to 2 yrs per game.
Then a few years hiatus for the last one, but he wasn't having people pay while down.

These days these Japanese artists also get sponsored via Ci-En and you generally see updates every 2 weeks or a month from artists worth their salt. From what I can gather you get published artwork and stuff as well if you're a supporter.
That's how it's supposed to go when you start taking people's money.

People aren't actively complaining anymore here, just reacting to statements defending the actions of this DEV that's pretty much just ripping off his patrons at this point.

And no, it's not just with eroge that this stuff comes up ya know. How many YouTube/Complaints videos or articles haven't been made about Star Citizen, the most expensive Kickstarter scam ever that 'might' someday deliver the goods.
Even from those who didn't get conned into it.

Oct 23, 2020
/English
New post about Naked Adventure

/Old English
Gath'r 'round people, f'r i has't something most wondrous to bid all of thee! Our benevolent gods has't hath brought upon us most wondrous news about the upcoming updateth! Seeth t f'r youselves, if 't be true thee dareth...

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
/English
New post about Naked Adventure

/Old English
Gath'r 'round people, f'r i has't something most wondrous to bid all of thee! Our benevolent gods has't hath brought upon us most wondrous news about the upcoming updateth! Seeth t f'r youselves, if 't be true thee dareth...
Oh wow, the DEV spent a few hours adding an extra map to replay the events. :eek:
That's seriously 0.0 extra content now isn't it.

Reactions: buttsnstuff

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
Oh wow, the DEV spent a few hours adding an extra map to replay the events. :eek:
That's seriously 0.0 extra content now isn't it.
The best part is that we're in a thread for Era Hunter, and this post is about Naked Adventure, so it's entirely useless to people waiting for Era Hunter, like me. Because god damn the game is good, the art is nice, and I like the fact Era didn't lose a bra and go "oh my god exposing myself is sooo hot, I'm about to cum from being looked at, I shall stroll around the town naked" instantly, like in some games.

But the release schedule... God, they don't even have one, they just release something whenever people lose hope and stop giving them money.

• Red Heart
Reactions: erg1986
3.70 star(s) 27 Votes