3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
The minimum wage, on the other hand, is 12,792 rubles per month, which is... 172 dollars.
I'm russian and believe me, you can't live on minimum wage (except maybe in some villages if you cultivate your own vegetables and stuff). 12,000 rubles is the cheapest rent cost in a city and even if you have your own flat it would be from 7 to 9 thousands for utilities.
The typical salary in most russian cities and towns are around 300-500$ before taxes. But in big cities it could be bigger (and the cost of living as well). For example, 1k$ in Moscow will allow you to rent a 1-room apartment and eat decently, nothing more than that.
So as far as I know they don't have a good excuse for releasing content so rarely, and people should be aware of that.
The game is free and noone force people to pay, so they don't really need any excuses. There is no offer agreement.

and yes, it's a scam even if people can stop funding them at any time - it's the same as a some guy knocking on your grandma's door, promising to sell her some amazing water filter, taking money, going away to his car and never coming back with the filter - it's your grandma's fault for trusting him but it's still a scam and a crime
It's absolutely different situations cause, again, there is no offer agreement on patreon. You support at your own good will, not paing for stuff. More like charity. Like if you ever donated to WWF you can get a panda badge and some letters and Happy new year greetings, but not nearly as much value as the money been spent.
Also, you'll still get your "filters", just maybe not when you expect them to be delivered. And only if they really would abandon the game or shut down their patreon and disappear in the air - then, and only then, it would vaguely consider as "scam".

Reactions: Andox7274

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
The game is free and noone force people to pay, so they don't really need any excuses. There is no offer agreement.
I hope you realize that all posts with updates to both games, even the ones described as public, like the 0.2 public release from 2017, require you to be a patron to see them.
Screenshot 2021-08-21 153651.png
Screenshot 2021-08-21 153856.png

So how is the game free?

And only if they really would abandon the game or shut down their patreon and disappear in the air - then, and only then, it would vaguely consider as "scam".
That is quite literally what they did when it comes to EraHunter. The only reason the patreon is still open is because what's the point of scamming people into giving you money each month if you're going to shut down the account used to gather said money.

I'm russian and believe me, you can't live on minimum wage (except maybe in some villages if you cultivate your own vegetables and stuff). 12,000 rubles is the cheapest rent cost in a city and even if you have your own flat it would be from 7 to 9 thousands for utilities.
Yeah, except we're talking about 5 times as much, for doing next to nothing. They aren't working full time to get that 1k$ a month each, they get it for releasing an update a year, and you complain that it can only afford them, oh, just a roof over their head and decent meals. Dude, if I could get enough money to cover rent and food by doing nothing I'd be thanking every deity mankind ever came up with, not complaining that it's not enough for a villa and a Ferrari.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artix0
Oct 23, 2020
I hope you realize that all posts with updates to both games, even the ones described as public, like the 0.2 public release from 2017, require you to be a patron to see them.
You can download their games from their . Also you can play their newest releases on their . They don't state any of this in their patreon description, they only mention ulmf sometimes under their posts.
So in other words, they do public releases, but barely do anything to tell you where they are.

That is quite literally what they did when it comes to EraHunter. The only reason the patreon is still open is because what's the point of scamming people into giving you money each month if you're going to shut down the account used to gather said money.
We don't know if it's a scam or not, any arguments for either side can be easily countered, we'll only know the true answer when it's too late.

Yeah, except we're talking about 5 times as much, for doing next to nothing. They aren't working full time to get that 1k$ a month each, they get it for releasing an update a year, and you complain that it can only afford them, oh, just a roof over their head and decent meals. Dude, if I could get enough money to cover rent and food by doing nothing I'd be thanking every deity mankind ever came up with, not complaining that it's not enough for a villa and a Ferrari.
Well, the problem is that we don't have enough information about them or more precisely, where do they currently live. For example, the difference of them living in a city or countryside has a huge sway on the final answer and even if we knew if they lived in a city/ countryside it still depends what city/ countryside (example: Moscow, it's the capital so it's the one of the most expensive places to live in Russia, 1k$ is probably not enough)

There's also a problem of if they are currently in Russia. They are from Russia, but for all we could know they might currently be in Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan or maybe even somewhere else. Tbh I just realized that it was wrong of me to assume initially that they're from Russia or in Russia, it can be entirely possible that they're from Belarus or maybe even Ukraine (or some other countries where Russian is an official language or an unofficial lingua franca), I'm sorry for spreading falsifiable information.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
There is no proof that they "aren't doing anything" as well.
Based on available information - they are doing nothing. This is what we know and what's available to us. If you want to tell me otherwise, then you need some proof.
This speaks nothing, while they make one game, the other's on hold, wich they stated dozens of times.
They've put EraHunter on hold to focus on Naked Adventure. Result - over 380 days since last EraHunter (which is on hold) release and over 560 days since last Naked Adventure (currently active project...).
Sure, this speaks nothing.

Also, this whole discussion about their earnings is just silly. Do you guys really assume they are taking patreon money and just sitting on their asses? It's very likely they abandoned their games because they have something better to do. They are not stupid - they wouldn't abandon a popular project if it was their only source of income.

JumpNeet44

Jan 22, 2021
Based on available information - they are doing nothing. This is what we know and what's available to us. If you want to tell me otherwise, then you need some proof.

They've put EraHunter on hold to focus on Naked Adventure. Result - over 380 days since last EraHunter (which is on hold) release and over 560 days since last Naked Adventure (currently active project...).

Also, this whole discussion about their earnings is just silly. Do you guys really assume they are taking patreon money and just sitting on their asses? It's very likely they abandoned their games because they have something better to do. They are not stupid - they wouldn't abandon a popular project if it was their only source of income.
yo, so I don't think we can't 100% deny neither of these "theories" although the "they are doing nothing" theory seems way more possible with what we have available, we could also speculate that they already got some other source of income, and it's not like it hasn't been done before, abandoning a project everyone is looking up to? definitely possible

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I can't believe people are still whiteknighting this game.
Nope. The more things you add to the game, the more it tends to crash or produce bugs, events can overlap each other and stuff. Sometimes it requires lots of time (and help from beta-testers) to even find out what cause the problem to occur.
What a joke. What engine is this again? Oh yeah. Take a look at a game like Renryuu: Ascension, whose game is not only a hundred time more complex but it also has more content coming out on a monthly basis then these devs do in years. With a fraction of the support. These devs arent slow, they are partying with the money and maybe draw 30 minutes on the weekend. "72 events" lmao

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
What a joke. What engine is this again? Oh yeah. Take a look at a game like Renryuu: Ascension, whose game is not only a hundred time more complex but it also has more content coming out on a monthly basis then these devs do in years. With a fraction of the support. These devs arent slow, they are partying with the money and maybe draw 30 minutes on the weekend. "72 events" lmao
RPGMaker is tend to produce bugs when you add or change something, even if you're just translating. And it's hard to track those bugs, as I already mentioned, check the "Lolita gone wild" thread, the dev is pretty open about those things.
Also, If someone is more skilled and knowledgeable to do the same amount of work x10 times faster, it doesn't mean that others just doing nothing and work 30 mins on weekend. If I, for example, would decide to make a game with the same amount of content they have in EraHunter, it would probably take me about 10 years lol. And it's with renders from HoneySelect, not real artworks.
It was already mentioned by someone, but they have their games on Newgrounds and ulmf.
That is quite literally what they did when it comes to EraHunter.
No, they literally said right after releasing last EraHunter update that they're putting this game on hold and will work on the Naked Adventure. Those who are not interested in the second game, could have withdraw their support millions of times.
I wasn't complaining about anything, just gave some insights about real numbers. Anyway, besides roof and food you really need some household chemicals and clothes and stuff. Especially consider they are two girls. Ever lived with a girl? Then you know what I mean.
About "doing nothing" - I don't wanna argue about it again. They are working on a game "Naked Adventure". You are free to think otherwise, but there's no proof to your point. Not really much proof to mine either, but there're some updates about development after all.

Reactions: Artificial Sloth

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
RPGMaker is tend to produce bugs when you add or change something, even if you're just translating. And it's hard to track those bugs, as I already mentioned, check the "Lolita gone wild" thread, the dev is pretty open about those things.
Also, If someone is more skilled and knowledgeable to do the same amount of work x10 times faster, it doesn't mean that others just doing nothing and work 30 mins on weekend. If I, for example, would decide to make a game with the same amount of content they have in EraHunter, it would probably take me about 10 years lol. And it's with renders from HoneySelect, not real artworks.
You're actually delusional if you think that that in anyway excuses how long its taken. A one armed chimp would have made better progress if he worked on it 20 hours a week with the amount of time it has taken. And this is a team of two. Ill never understand why people defend blatant scams.

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
Based on available information - they are working on "Naked Adventure" and never abandoned EraHunter, just put in on hold. This is what we really know and what's available to us. If you want to tell me otherwise, then you need some proof.
I have no real reasons to doubt this devs' words. Presumption of innocence, you know.
You've lost in numbers again. They're working on the Naked Adventure the same 380 days, right after the last update. Before that it was on hold.
And yes, it speaks nothing except that they are very slow and probably not really good with game engine and in game development in general.
Also, this whole discussion about their earnings is just silly.
Glad you've finally understand it. That was the line I started our conversation with, that it irritates me when people try to count other people's money and the amount of work they did for it.
It's very likely they abandoned their games because they have something better to do.
They abandoned nothing. Stop spreading false information.

P.S. You still didn't answer me what promises they broke, consider they didn't make any.

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
You're actually delusional if you think that that in anyway excuses how long its taken. A one armed chimp would have made better progress if he worked on it 20 hours a week with the amount of time it has taken. And this is a team of two.
Ever tried to make a game in RPGMaker? Probably not, if you don't even know that only one person at a time can work in it. But thanks for hinting that I'm more useless in it than a one armed chimp, I really appreciate your kind words.
Ill never understand why people defend blatant scams.
There're lots of things you'll never understand. The definition of scam and how to identify it is one of them, seems to be.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Ever tried to make a game in RPGMaker? Probably not, if you don't even know that only one person at a time can work in it. But thanks for hinting that I'm more useless in it than a one armed chimp, I really appreciate your kind words.

There're lots of things you'll never understand. The definition of scam and how to identify it is one of them, seems to be.
Theres not even a reason as to why they would ever need to be on the same project file at the same time for extended periods anyway lmao. You think that devs like Roundscape use that as an excuse? No, because it isnt. An artist or writer have no reason to be on it at all. Only the coder does. But please, keep eating up their bad excuses

Oct 23, 2020
Theres not even a reason as to why they would ever need to be on the same project file at the same time for extended periods anyway lmao. You think that devs like Roundscape use that as an excuse? No, because it isnt. An artist or writer have no reason to be on it at all. Only the coder does. But please, keep eating up their bad excuses
They also have stated in comments how they did try out few different softwares (e.g. ), which are meant to help out with this issue, but unfortunately they didn't seem to help much and only complicated things further.

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
I'm saying they get patreon money for "doing nothing", that is not releasing any updates.

About "doing nothing" - I don't wanna argue about it again. They are working on a game "Naked Adventure". You are free to think otherwise, but there's no proof to your point. Not really much proof to mine either, but there're some updates about development after all.
They claim they are working on it. You want evidence? The lack of a new version is the evidence, for the love of God.

I wasn't complaining about anything, just gave some insights about real numbers. Anyway, besides roof and food you really need some household chemicals and clothes and stuff. Especially consider they are two girls. Ever lived with a girl? Then you know what I mean.
Are you seriously unable to comprehend that they get 1k every single month and haven't released anything in over a year? We're not talking about 5$ which covers a single trip to McDonald's every month, we're talking about enough money to pay for their rent and food.

"Oh but if it pays for their food and rent it means it's not enough to let them buy their favorite shampoo and lip balm too!!111oneone"

They also have stated in comments how they did try out few different softwares (e.g. ), which are meant to help out with this issue, but unfortunately they didn't seem to help much and only complicated things further.
I hope you realize the fact they work on both games at the same time works against them. If the two of them can't work on a single game at the same time and one is forced to work on the other project then why is EraHunter "on hold"?

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
They claim they are working on it. You want evidence? The lack of a new version is the evidence, for the love of God.
*Sigh*... Your logic is killing me. I'm tired of explaining obvious thing for those who don't wanna listen. Want evidence that you're wrong? Become a patron, lol, or at least look at "Naked Adventure" thread where some patrons post stuff from there.

Are you seriously unable to comprehend that they get 1k every single month and haven't released anything in over a year?
It's patreon, not online store. You don't pay for stuff, you support at your own good will. It's like charity. I already made a comparison of it with donating to WWF, google how such things work if you don't understand. Even you can go and make a patreon and just post there Christmas greetings and nothing more. If someone want to support you cause you are such a nice person, it's their choice. But it doesn't oblige you to anything (unless you make a false promise, wich this devs, unlike some others, never did).

I hope you realize the fact they work on both games at the same time works against them. If the two of them can't work on a single game at the same time and one is forced to work on the other project then why is EraHunter "on hold"?
They can't work at RPGmaker at the same time, but it doesn't mean they don't work both on the same game. There're lots of thing besides coding and editing. The arts should be drawn, the text should be translated, the quest scenarios written, etc.

hentai-kun-81

Aug 6, 2018
"Oh but if it pays for their food and rent it means it's not enough to let them buy their favorite shampoo and lip balm too!!111oneone"
What I was talking about is that even if it's enough to cover the costs of living, that doesn't mean that they should be satisfied with it and work full-time on their games. The artist girl is obviously a professional, and she could make 2-3k$ per month without patreon, so why should they downshift for lower and way more unstable income? People see numbers and automatically assuming they don't have another job. If you want make money "doing nothing" and satisfied with bare minimum, it doesn't mean that everyone is like you. Stop projecting to others and blaming them for your insinuations.

JumpNeet44

Jan 22, 2021
Im pretty sure I started all of this, just one comment... "so is this game dead or..." and then everyone started giving their opinions and it went to the shitter

Reactions: ronan333
Oct 23, 2020
Im pretty sure I started all of this, just one comment... "so is this game dead or..." and then everyone started giving their opinions and it went to the shitter
A humble adventurer proposes but a simple question to a community of folk, clueless of what’s to come. One person tries to fulfill the curiosity of the stranger with an answer, but some find the answer incorrect. Swiftly they retaliate with their own opinion, which some find comfort in while others despite it and want to quickly silence it. Opinion sharing turned to arguments and then into a full out war. Blood was spilled and men died defending their own ideology and beliefs all for the glory of being right. The humble adventurer watched in horror what he himself has caused, wishing he could go back in time to stop this mess from ever occurring, but now all he can do is watch and sulk over the whole ordeal. He simply asked a right question at the wrong time.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
A humble adventurer proposes but a simple question to a community of folk, clueless of what’s to come. One person tries to fulfill the curiosity of the stranger with an answer, but some find the answer incorrect. Swiftly they retaliate with their own opinion, which some find comfort in while others despite it and want to quickly silence it. Opinion sharing turned to arguments and then into a full out war. Blood was spilled and men died defending their own ideology and beliefs all for the glory of being right. The humble adventurer watched in horror what he himself has caused, wishing he could go back in time to stop this mess from ever occurring, but now all he can do is watch and sulk over the whole ordeal. He simply asked a right question at the wrong time.
Well, it's sort of come to the point of 'agree to disagree'.

Some people obviously want to keep defending the behavior of the DEV to still take monthly cash, despite not having shown any reason for deserving it.
Others seem to feel they don't deserve it for obvious reasons.

I fall into the camp of 'they do not deserve it for obvious reasons', but to each their own of course. I can't make other people's bills, so if they want to keep paying for stuff they ain't getting, I can't really say much to them on that ... it's their money.

The whole '2 chicks in Russia' argument is irrelevant, nor how much 1/2K or whatever is worth in their region of the world. The only thing that matters is how much the money is to their supporters. For a UK supporter 10 bucks/month would likely be peanuts, but for a Ukrainian that'd likely be a lot.

To me, it's like ... I can see that other creators offer me a whooooole lot more for that kind of money. Full games on dlsite that go for 5-15 USD, while here 1 year of releasing nothing at 10 USD/Month costs me 120 USD for 0 return.
This, knowning other dlsite creators create their games in like 1/2 years often enough. With/Without taking ci-en into account, it's still a major difference in output.

Reactions: JumpNeet44

Corrazon21

Jun 21, 2019
Well, it's sort of come to the point of 'agree to disagree'.

Some people obviously want to keep defending the behavior of the DEV to still take monthly cash, despite not having shown any reason for deserving it.
Others seem to feel they don't deserve it for obvious reasons.

I fall into the camp of 'they do not deserve it for obvious reasons', but to each their own of course. I can't make other people's bills, so if they want to keep paying for stuff they ain't getting, I can't really say much to them on that ... it's their money.

The whole '2 chicks in Russia' argument is irrelevant, nor how much 1/2K or whatever is worth in their region of the world. The only thing that matters is how much the money is to their supporters. For a UK supporter 10 bucks/month would likely be peanuts, but for a Ukrainian that'd likely be a lot.

To me, it's like ... I can see that other creators offer me a whooooole lot more for that kind of money. Full games on dlsite that go for 5-15 USD, while here 1 year of releasing nothing at 10 USD/Month costs me 120 USD for 0 return.
This, knowning other dlsite creators create their games in like 1/2 years often enough. With/Without taking ci-en into account, it's still a major difference in output.
Well they have been working on stuff it seems as early as August but its sort of been slow as current as I know also could be one dev now because of covid thats one plausible theory I have.

Reactions: Artix0
Dec 9, 2017
3.70 star(s) 27 Votes