3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Le sigh at this not being progressed. What a waste of potential.
Waste of time, waste of money supporting them every month just to get 1 update per year with like 15 minutes of content at best. Nearly 2000USD a month just for that and those supporters still doing it, I really have no word

Kaamau

Apr 8, 2019
Maybe Patreon supporters get secret updates we don't know about?
Little do we know the game is long 12 hours long with custom assets, VR support, loads of replayability, with more features coming down the pipeline. That is, if the money they are begin given is being used properly, but us plebs are merely out of the loop.

• Haha
Reactions: EdgeOfShadow

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Little do we know the game is long 12 hours long with custom assets, VR support, loads of replayability, with more features coming down the pipeline. That is, if the money they are begin given is being used properly, but us plebs are merely out of the loop.
- 12 hours? where?
- VR support :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
- what replayability? where?
- "more features down the pipeline" more like more stuff promised/teased that will never be added and even if it will that will happen in the next decade (or later) at this rate

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
The art style in this just suits me. I love that naive, wide-eyed What? What's happening to me! look and the quests have nice scenes as payoff. It just kills me that the developer doesn't respect his own work enough to finish it or us as fans. I agree that the only way to induce them to give us more is to cut off funding but it's sad that it has come to this.

Reactions: TheByQ
Oct 23, 2020
This game must be REALLY good if there are so many people impatiently waiting for a update, because if it wasn't, no one would waste their time waiting for more content.

I agree that the only way to induce them to give us more is to cut off funding but it's sad that it has come to this.
I think the money isn't the real culprit, I think we need a place where we can converse with the authors, so they could address the issues and explain themselves or... you know... we'll finally get definitive proof that they're just lazy.

We actually had this before, they would respond to messages on ulmf and patreon, but now they stopped responding on ulmf and the patreon comment section is locked for patrons only.

Reactions: ronan333

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
This game must be REALLY good if there are so many people impatiently waiting for a update, because if it wasn't, no one would waste their time waiting for more content.

I think the money isn't the real culprit, I think we need a place where we can converse with the authors, so they could address the issues and explain themselves or... you know... we'll finally get definitive proof that they're just lazy.

We actually had this before, they would respond to messages on ulmf and patreon, but now they stopped responding on ulmf and the patreon comment section is locked for patrons only.
That's why most of us believe that Dev are lazy and a money milker, if they truly have problem they could have post and explain the reason for that very long development but with little content between update and maybe open up for criticize so that they could have change for the better. The problem is that they aren't open up discussing about it and surrounding themself with sheep like supporters who just throw fancy words at them is the reason why they just continue to do this shit and can get away with getting the pocket full of money without doing anything

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
- 12 hours? where?
- VR support :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
- what replayability? where?
- "more features down the pipeline" more like more stuff promised/teased that will never be added and even if it will that will happen in the next decade (or later) at this rate
In the top secret Patreon updates, of course.

Reactions: EdgeOfShadow

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
You would be surprised oh my sweet summer child.

I think the money isn't the real culprit.
Money isn't culprit for sure... thats why you can see some devs post an update just as their sub count goes down...

I think we need a place where we can converse with the authors, so they could address the issues and explain themselves or... you know... we'll finally get definitive proof that they're just lazy.
I wonder if there is such a place already? Starts with F and ends with zone... Nah, i must be mistaken, if there were such a place then other devs would already use it to communicate and we definitely can't see that happening right? And of course they would just come and say "You know guys, there will be no update coming in the next 12 months, but keep giving me money and i will make one later if i feel like it.".

Reactions: thevoid089

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Honestly to say we don't even need them to create an account on this site or open their own discord, just their Patreon alone are enough if some of their supporters that are still sane put some words about their development speed and update rate it could have solve some problem. The fact none put any comment on it yet can mean 2 things: They surrounded with masochist sheeps that love to be milked and believe in false promises or that any complain from supporter will get deleted and those "troublesome people" will be banned, mean they knew full well what they are doing. It's all about easy money and exploit the naive and stupidity of the people who took their bait

Oct 23, 2020
I decided to write an "essay" or more correctly I wrote my thoughts down about what I think about the whole ordeal. Read it if you want, it's quite a long read, also somethings might not be thoroughly explored or just badly explained.

I'm going to tackle three things: Money, Communication and Time.

Also here's a really short version if you don't have time to spare:
1. Money: We can't really say for sure if they make enough money
2. Communication: They should tell us if they make enough money
3. Time: We don't really know why updates take so long, but the reason might be money

1. Money

They make ~2000$ a month and there’s two of them (both females) and are probably currently residing in Russia. It’s very difficult to tell if that’s enough money for them, so I made a simple table to decide if they make enough money.

Questions​
YES​
NO​
Are they currently residing in Russia or in a country where it’s cheaper to live then USA?

Do they live in a countryside or somewhere it’s cheaper to live than in a city?

Do they live together?

Do they lead a modest life?

If “NO” > “YES” then they don’t make enough money
If “NO” == “YES” then they maybe don’t make enough money?
If “NO” < “YES” then they make enough money

I tried it out and here’s my answer sheet: 1.Y 2.N 3.Y 4.N

Just keep in mind that this is VERY simplified as I left out couple factors, for example debt. I didn’t include it because it depends how much they’re in debt, what for they’re in debt and blah blah blah.
Also just as a quick addition, they have a goal of 3000$ a month on patreon, make of it what you will.

2. Communication

I'm not going to talk here about how they stopped responding to messages or how they essentially created an echo chamber for themselves, because that's an entirely different rabbit hole I don't want to go down, I'm going to talk about, why I think we need a place (discord for example) where we could talk with the authors, with them actually responding to our questions.

Arguments supporting their case for why they wouldn’t want to do this:
- English isn’t their native language, so it takes some time to write a post
- Creating a place to converse with them would take time away from development
- Also taking care of such place would take even more time from development (this is also their explanation for why they don’t have many social media accounts)
- Privacy and possibility of harassment

Arguments for why they should do this:
- Even if Russian is their main language, they can just speak in Russian and the fans can use the Google Translate™.
- We’d get insight on their financial situation
- It would force them to work as now their progress is visible to anyone, making it obvious when they’re slacking behind
- People would probably like them more for doing so

3. Time
Ah yes the most debated one, our main issue. It’s argued that, this is a RPG Maker game and it shouldn’t take more that a year or two just to finish a single update, but technically if they’re very ambitious, mmmmhh yes, ambitious what a fancy word, you know what? from now on, I shall speak as fancy as I can.
For I have pondered about how these fine Madams may be young aspiring ladies, taking up work greater then they could’ve every accomplish by themselves in an ordinary time manner, which would be our great solution in this mystery we’re currently enveloped in, as it’s not their laziness, but their ambitiousness that’s slowing down the progress of their work of art. Mmmmhh yes, this 10$ wine from Costco, that I’m drinking from this fine plastic cup tastes marvelous.
But on a serious note, here are the possible reasons for the long development time:
- money
- ambitiousness/ laziness
- the pale
- burn out, lack of motivation

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
I'll add my two words about this game and their abandonment situation:
1. Authors are real people with real life ongoing and they can have issues (such as personal stuff, creativity burnout, etc)
2. People which support authors on Patreon are free to cancel their subscription at any time
3. Even if authors are lazy scammers whose only purpose is to collect money and do nothing -bring constructive evidence
Thus said, you shouldn't insult authors and/or blame them. Although I agree that with some effort and spare time you could do games way faster, it is still the author's choice to have such slow pacing of production. It would've brought more money or fame to them if they'd work more delinquent, in my opinion, but it's their vision of things.
I think you meant work more diligently, although they are delinquent in their obligation to their patrons. I really liked everything about this game and find it puzzling that they would put out such a fine product at the start just to deceive people. It's also possible that people with that much talent may have found employment in graphic arts or game development with an established company making ten times what this game yields but we'll probably never know because they won't talk to us. Even so, we all agree it's not right to string people along.

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
Or most of their supporters just ignore they still give money to them
Yeah, that a possibility. The lowest tier is just 1$ a month, so it's possible that people subscribed when the devs were more active and then completely forgot about it, especially if they support multiple people. It takes only 2000 people to do that and you get the 2000$ a month. Some scams and thieves work this way too, instead of grabbing everything from your account and hoping they will get away with it they take small amounts regularly, amounts so small that even if you notice you'll likely just wave your hand at it and ignore it.

So yeah, I'm not saying this is a scam, because technically speaking people subscribed willingly... But it's still morally bad, because they get lots of cash for pretty much nothing by exploiting people who don't mind seeing 2.50$ disappearing from their account each month, and all of that by offering a clone of Naked Order, because Era Hunter, the obviously more interesting and unique game, is pretty much abandoned, even though their damn Patreon account is literally called EraHunterTeam. How can one call themselves "EraHunterTeam" and NOT develop Era Hunter is beyond my understanding.

The worst part is that their art is good, and the game (Era Hunter) is also good, so if they put in more effort they would make a lot more than 2000$, but now we're back to the scam thing, where the lazy approach of doing nothing to slowly siphon money brings in a lot more money to their account in the long run, and with less effort.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes