3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
"In 0.3.5 version in images dir there are 133 files and the size is 16mb.
In 0.4 version in images dir there are 222 files and the size is 37mb.
v0.3.5 has 1048 dialogues, v0.4 - 1728.
This update is really big for us."

So they added 89 images in 3 months, in those files there are different colors for the bodypaint but you only use 1 at a time. The new dialogues are mostly about "here take a flyer" "oh no did he notice that I'm only wearing paint" ? etc. so very repetitive, indeed there are also new real dialogues but that's not the biggest part.

To be fair, they remade the world map and they changed a bit the school inside and added a small scene with the pink haired bitch in the basement, and they probably done a lot of core work.
But it feels like the update once again is really short for so much time since v0.3.5, it's still more than an update of library story but still, what annoys me the most with this kind of devs is that they seem to promise the moon, a big update with hours of new gameplay they boost the hype and then the update comes and you have 10mn of new content, a buggy game and the feeling that they could have done more with the same sprites, they could have made new dialogues instead of handing 25 flyers with almost 20 variations of "Did he notice ?" "I have to make up something" etc

Indeed core work and translation takes time, but that do not excuses everything compared to other games.

EDIT : Oh and I'm really fed up with devs that requires 10+$ for this kind of games to have early access.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Hm, somewhat disappointing. I think they kind of made the mistake to not just push a lot more new content. There is always a time to improve mechanics and to rework old content but first one should show patreons that you are able to deliver reliably.

wirihbinkame

Aug 4, 2017
seem to promise the moon, a big update with hours of new gameplay
Well, in your imagination maybe it was :D But in reality there were no such promises

Oh and I'm really fed up with devs that requires 10+$ for this kind of games to have early access.
but that do not excuses everything compared to other games.
Public after 2 weeks. Yes, you can play another game. Just go, you are free. Stop torturing yourself.

I really like this update, it's awesome! You are playing the wrong game if you were expecting something else o_O

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
Well, in your imagination maybe it was :D But in reality there were no such promises

Public after 2 weeks. Yes, you can play another game. Just go, you are free. Stop torturing yourself.

I really like this update, it's awesome! You are playing the wrong game if you were expecting something else o_O
"It will be the biggest update we ever made..." So 10mn worth of gameplay is their biggest update ? I maybe exagerating when I talk about hours of gameplay promises but reading them I expected more than juste the beach with repetitve dialogues that is done in about 10mn, especially after several months.

You enjoyed, good for you, I didn't. I'm free to go indeed, but I'm also free to express my opinion.

The update is not bad itself, it's just that they told they extended it to be bigger and in the end it's just worth a "regular" update and that not that much even compared to previous updates.

Public after 2 weeks indeed, but you still have to pay 10$ to get early access to the game "only" 2 weeks before (and 5$ for 1 week earlier). You're free to pay or wait but 10ù for this is too much and at the same time 10$ for only 2 weeks is a short period for this amount.

In my opinion the problem is not that the update is small in content but mostly that they took 3 months (if I'm not mistaken) for this.

I like the premise of the game, I really like ENF, and the bikini painted was a good idea, but they could have done more with that, like having her to return to the school or the village in this state instead of ending the update here. Like other games that I like the concept, it has good ideas, but poor developpement.

wirihbinkame

Aug 4, 2017
"It will be the biggest update we ever made..." So 10mn worth of gameplay is their biggest update ?
Yes, the biggest update THEY made. Feel the difference. It took me 40 min to finish it and I enjoyed it. If you hold down the ctrl key when you play, it's your problem.

You think they are professional developers with an infinite amount of time? Is 500$ a sum enough for professional developers?
This is 2d art - it takes a long time to do (LOOOOOONG time). And the translation takes weeks, because I doubt they're professional translators (again, LOOOONG time), or do you want google translate?. Oh wait, good ideas take a long time to come up with and implement too. RPG Maker does not allow you to implement good ideas quickly. (again takes a LOOOONG time). You can do faster and better? Okay, i'm ready to become a patron for your project, give me a link.

And yes, you don't have to pay, this game becomes free after 2 weeks. Yes, it's a FREE game, checked :D
You mad? Calm down and play another games :D

Like other games that I like the concept, it has good ideas, but poor developpement.
Ah, it is a pity that the best ideas distributed only to bad developers :cryingface:

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
Ok, what don't you understand in it's MY opinion ? Why do you feel obliged to respond to counter my point of view ? I just stated my point of view, you have yours, you enjoyed the game good for you but I did not for the reasons I wrote before. I don't agree with you but I don't try to make you change your point of view, so why bother being patronizing towards me with your sarcasms ? I don't agree with you, I still think the update was disappointing, are part of the Era Hunter team or one of their friends or can't you just accept that somebody might not agree with you ?

I won't argue with you anymore since you seem to defend the game as it was your project and seem to be for you such a good game/update that it shouldn't be criticized.

I have a point of view about this game that's different than yours, you mad ? Calm down and play this game :D

I stated my opinion, you more or less stated yours without seemingly accepting that I don't have to like this game to share a point of view so I won't bother respond anymore, there's no point.

wirihbinkame

Aug 4, 2017
I won't argue with you anymore since you seem to defend the game as it was your project
Only creators can defend projects? Really? :D

Ok, what don't you understand in it's MY opinion ?
Oh, don’t try to hide under a generic excuse that it was just your opinion. That's so typical for haters like you. I don't care if you're disappointed. I just showed you that creating games it not as easy as you think (not as simple as you stated in the beginning). Because you said stup... funny things o_O

Reactions: Frosty92 and RedRob

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
Only creators can protect projects? Really? :D

Oh, don’t try to hide under a generic excuse that it was just your opinion. That's so typical for haters like you. I don't care if you're disappointed. I just showed you that creating games it not as easy as you think (not as simple as you stated in the beginning). Because you said stup... funny things o_O

Yes yes I'm a hater, you're right this game is awesome and has no flaws. Who am I to criticize it anyway ? You're truly smarter than I am, and I only said stupid things. I'm sorry your highness I'll never put your words in doubt ever again. I will willingly banish myself and bow before you to the point I even lick the floor. forgive me your wonderfullness, I'm just a stupid hater who's too stupid to see the beauty and the perfection of an RPG game.

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Do we really need another thread with people, who may or not be supporting the game, arguing about who said what?
There are enough places, like General, where you can whack each other over the head over subjects not game related.

Reactions: El Perverso

21045aj

Aug 25, 2017
Do we really need another thread with people, who may or not be supporting the game, arguing about who said what?
There are enough places, like General, where you can whack each other over the head over subjects not game related.
i agree

Joe Banana

Feb 5, 2018
Kinda weird, when I tried to load a previous save file I got an error, stating that it couldn't find img/erafaces.png.... Just copied it from the previous version of the game, and it works now, but might be wise to keep your old files, just in case.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes