MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
There's not really an FAQ beyond what people will tell you. All I know is reliability needs to be at least a B, and I think favor has to be B or A to actually do anything lewd. C with either I think at least let's you do things like rub them or kiss them, so long as you don't start rubbing their ass or pussy. Oddly enough, at lower levels they'll rather you rub their tits than anything else.

Reactions: nayuko

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
You mean like cheat? I am not certain, I hear claims there's some sort of super easy mode for the girls, but I know nothing of it. Really it's probably better to spam chatting constantly until it says they like you enough to start kissing on them. With enough time you'll end up like this.
Screenshot 2018-10-26 10.08.03.png

Also please ignore the letter ratings I pointed out, I thought this was TW not K. Apologies.

W65

May 31, 2018
Also please ignore the letter ratings I pointed out, I thought this was TW not K. Apologies.
I got the thread a little off subject, since there's just the one active thread for any eragames game.

As for the question about cheating, for both K and TW, in the "options" menu the right-hand double star icon can be clicked to access a debug menu. A person can kinda cheat there.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
In TW I think it's more just money/things that make increasing favor with girls slightly easier, but I haven't found a cheat that just makes them love you like instantly. That I am uncertain of.

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
Go to options, click the double stars on the left. Click edit character, choose a character then change relation with "Your character name". Thats how you can easily get anyone lewd for you.

Save before you go editing the characters since some of the stuff in the edit characters isnt translated and some is non implemented effects that can cause you problems.

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
The second most completely translated project seems to be the "TW" or "The World" project. It's the time stopping one.

Most of the gameplay-critical stuff does appear to be translated, as in the description, but you pretty often run into flavor text or even mechanical text that's still in Japanese. Either I'm playing it completely incorrectly, or it's just real grindy--even for a Japanese text-based simulator.
Is that another game like this one? I really enjoyed this one and wanted to play other stuff like this but finding them translated is kinda hard.

W65

May 31, 2018
Is that another game like this one? I really enjoyed this one and wanted to play other stuff like this but finding them translated is kinda hard.
TW is a dating sim or life sim, and it plays kinda like an old interactive fiction game. There's no "war" game, although there is a simple dice-based combat engine that's I guess in development--it's kind of an afterthought, though. You're more or less wandering around the world interacting with the girls. Enough has been translated for it to be more or less totally playable, although the popular girls have individualized interactions or mini-events and most are untranslated. The sex system is very different from K, however. It seems to be intended for one-on-one sex primarily. The time-stopping element kinda does vary things up a bit.

It's got a kind of weird charm. You'd kinda have to try it and see if it's your thing, I think.

From my experience, there's one more game (at least) that's translated enough to be almost playable. That one's EraAS Tentacle Palace. It's not nearly as complete as TW or K as far as translation goes, though, but it's translated enough to try out, I think. That one... did you ever see the movie "Cube"? It's kinda like that, only with tentacles instead of deadly traps. The combat engine is very RPG-ish. You can mostly figure out what's going on, although I have no idea why the "last" boss is so much harder than everything else in the game, given that your characters don't actually get much more powerful as they gain experience. The sex is probably 90% tentacles (10% your interaction with other girls) and virtually none of it is translated.

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
TW is a dating sim or life sim, and it plays kinda like an old interactive fiction game. There's no "war" game, although there is a simple dice-based combat engine that's I guess in development--it's kind of an afterthought, though. You're more or less wandering around the world interacting with the girls. Enough has been translated for it to be more or less totally playable, although the popular girls have individualized interactions or mini-events and most are untranslated. The sex system is very different from K, however. It seems to be intended for one-on-one sex primarily. The time-stopping element kinda does vary things up a bit.

It's got a kind of weird charm. You'd kinda have to try it and see if it's your thing, I think.

From my experience, there's one more game (at least) that's translated enough to be almost playable. That one's EraAS. It's not nearly as complete as TW or K as far as translation goes, though, but it's translated enough to try out, I think. That one... did you ever see the movie "Cube"? It's kinda like that, only with tentacles instead of deadly traps. The combat engine is very RPG-ish. You can mostly figure out what's going on, although I have no idea why the "last" boss is so much harder than everything else in the game, given that your characters don't actually get much more powerful as they gain experience. The sex is probably 90% tentacles (10% your interaction with other girls) and virtually none of it is translated.
"Cube but with tentacles", oh man, haven't laughed this much in a while.

Whats this TW game you guys talking about? I've searched around on the internet but couldn't find it.

W65

May 31, 2018
"Cube but with tentacles", oh man, haven't laughed this much in a while.

Whats this TW game you guys talking about? I've searched around on the internet but couldn't find it.
Man, EraAS Tentacle Palace is almost literally Cube with Tentacles. A bunch of folks wake up trapped in a square (okay, not quite Cube) and they wander around getting sexed up by traps.

As for TW, the folks translating Era have a set up for their translation efforts. A person could register over there and download individual projects locally. These collaborative development environments have all kinds of features that a person who just wants to download the repository (is that even the term?) needs. Just sign in, select the game you're looking for, and then on the right there ought to be an "arrow out of cloud" icon that represents downloading. Technically you'd need to select the branch of the repository you want, but I think it defaults to the English master which is probably the one you want anyhow.

From what I can tell from old posts, I think there was some drama a while back. I think the maintainers are /hgg/ folks and I dunno how they feel about F95 folks. But fuck that noise. Nobody's hurting anything and more community exposure isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Dnds

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Tentacle-Palace and ReverseTentaclePalace is translated enough to be playable, but again most of the sex stuff is untranslated.

TohoReverse had most of the basic sex stuff translated but not much of the dialogs.

W65

May 31, 2018
I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Whenever I said "EraAS" up there, I meant Tentacle Palace. EraAS is the post-apocalypse one.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Ha, I was scratching my thinking EraAS wasn't translated that much, and I was wondering what connection it had with The Cube (although my only knowledge of that is from Hellmoo)

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I really wanted to know about the eraMaou game but it seems to be one of those less popular era games. Does anyone know what the game is about?

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
eramaou is you are the demon lord (maou). you capture heroine girls and train them all while randomly attracting monsters to you that go rape and pillage villages. I liked it but it needs more work.

I really like these games but their translation community was very isolationist and from what I saw some were angry when F95 put eratoho up, not all mostly the more vocal few.

Reactions: Hentai_Kishi

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
eramaou is you are the demon lord (maou). you capture heroine girls and train them all while randomly attracting monsters to you that go rape and pillage villages. I liked it but it needs more work.

I really like these games but their translation community was very isolationist and from what I saw some were angry when F95 put eratoho up, not all mostly the more vocal few.
Thank you man.
Is the download from the /hgg/ era games thread up to date? The wiki I mean.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I only played the Type Moon and the SMT era games beyond the Touhou stuff. The former is kinda basic but is the only game that's 100% translated. The SMT one is kinda on and off but I honestly hate the grind of that game.

W65

May 31, 2018

I don't even know how to communicate with those folks. Really, I don't see how more exposure could be bad for them. I suppose what bothered them was the re-hosting, which is why I just have been directing folks over to the git.

Whatever. Maybe they'll end up with some more translators from this site.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes