Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
I don't even know how to communicate with those folks. Really, I don't see how more exposure could be bad for them. I suppose what bothered them was the re-hosting, which is why I just have been directing folks over to the git.

Whatever. Maybe they'll end up with some more translators from this site.
I was in their discord for a while, they mass banned anyone who wasn't an active contributor. Before that though it seems they had a couple factions spatting about how their community was dying from their being less and less of them. Havent been able to hear much else since that, except all their git stuff got removed at once (I heard it was bye an angry guy in their group) and it had to be reuploaded which is what is on the git now.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I was in their discord for a while, they mass banned anyone who wasn't an active contributor. Before that though it seems they had a couple factions spatting about how their community was dying from their being less and less of them. Havent been able to hear much else since that, except all their git stuff got removed at once (I heard it was bye an angry guy in their group) and it had to be reuploaded which is what is on the git now.
EraGmames community is/was most unfriendly and childish one I saw since IRC times. I am not surprised with their drama.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
If you look at what that activity is you'll find that there's far less content being made/translated than there was a year ago.

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
Checking the activity it seems their is at least 10+ active people adding updates. Looks like they're just waiting a while to add in updates every couple weeks in bulk rather than as they're done.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Just saying since I saw a mass of games finally get the Japanese tag that I usually search for, and thought this game would need to be tagged as such.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
..just to ask if there's something: there's a way to cheat on eraSumireTeru? That shit is grindy as heck.

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I've been having a blast with TW, and the dialogues can get really cute at times, just a question though, is there any content with males if your character is female? I couldn't find any other character besides girls in game.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I've been having a blast with TW, and the dialogues can get really cute at times, just a question though, is there any content with males if your character is female? I couldn't find any other character besides girls in game.
Men in Touhou.
tenor.gif

No but seriously, Touhou is basically a franchise where only girls exist, or at least they're so focused upon that no one really knows how many men actually exist. If any.

Reactions: Drakath1337

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Men in Touhou.
View attachment 194214

No but seriously, Touhou is basically a franchise where only girls exist, or at least they're so focused upon that no one really knows how many men actually exist. If any.
I'm just asking because Eratoho K has a lot of them, even if through events or just random NPCs. XD

I was expecting this reaction tho lol.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Well it's because every new character in the Touhou games is always female. I've never personally seen a man ever.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Well there's the Fortune Teller, the monk, and the turtle dude and that god

Drakath1337

Dec 3, 2017
Well there's the Fortune Teller, the monk, and the turtle dude and that god
Rinnosuke Morchika, Amakasu Barley Tenji, Fortune Teller, and (debatably) Unzan are basically the only male touhous of note that actually appear in canon. There's also Youki Konpaku, who is never shown in canon, but the fandom has pretty much agreed on what he looks like. "The turtle dude" Is literally just a talking turtle. While there are others, they either are never shown or are never fleshed out as actual characters, because ZUN has difficulties writing male characters.
Well it's because every new character in the Touhou games is always female. I've never personally seen a man ever.
Yup, this is true. Male characters never appear in the game proper (except Unzan), but are sometimes mentioned in the ending scenarios. Almost all male characters, and knowledge of them, comes from the official print works.

Of course, then there's cases like Toyosatomimimi no Miko(Female) who is the reincarnation of Prince Shoutoku(Male)...

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I just remembered theres an option to make others Futa before starting a new game, guess my problem is solved lol.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Oh neato, the specials (and maybe normal NPCs) no longer wait for a female PC to have 5 lub (or was it 5 lus?) before dicking her.

Now the first training session with goblins/tentacles goes just as you would expect!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Cheat Engine ?
Thought too.. but sadly it takes a lot of time because like I said you have to grind, a lot, even to just earn one point to spend for the "skills" and such (and also you even need to choose the right "moves" because otherwise you might end up with the "hate" parameter too high and that subtract the total "score" for gaining the point). And for making CE working properly I need at least more than one point and that means grind, grind and even more grind :rolleyes:

W65

May 31, 2018
Thought too.. but sadly it takes a lot of time because like I said you have to grind, a lot, even to just earn one point to spend for the "skills" and such (and also you even need to choose the right "moves" because otherwise you might end up with the "hate" parameter too high and that subtract the total "score" for gaining the point). And for making CE working properly I need at least more than one point and that means grind, grind and even more grind :rolleyes:
What about save editing? The era save files I've seen are literally just long lists of numbers, and at least in other games they're stored in an order usually similar to how they're used in the game. Like, you could look for unique number patterns that look like the skills around that skill in the menu, and then just try trial and error.

Also, if I'm not mistaken era stores variables by assignment to numbered locations. You might be able to work with the source to deduce what that location is, and then maybe just count lines in the save file to get to the number you want.

Reactions: CobraPL
4.40 star(s) 24 Votes