imetus

Aug 29, 2017
Anon version is the one where the author who did NOT go off the deep end, right?
Not sure, from personal experience, Anon seems best at the moment.

From my understanding:
1. the original is outdated and updates slow
2. Pedy swapped out some characters, and added malware that messes you up if you try to put them back in
3. Anon took out the malware and put the characters back (seems sane so far) but seems to want to change the English? Some people seem to have issues with his English but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay
4. Popsalot... he added a lot of features, guns, death, factions, diapers and scat, and QoL stuff; it says you can toggle them off but the content toggles aren't fully functional, unfortunately ... lots of features also means tons of bugs. There's good stuff mixed in but it tries to do too much too fast.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Let's say Anon is our last resort for this game.
If it's sane or not is something we'll see in the future...but is more sane than Pedy that's for sure.

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
I have a question regarding eramegaten. How do you get closer to girls? In eratohok and in eratohotw simply hanging out or going on dates with them would increase favour and reliability, then after they fell in love with you could do whatever you want with them. But in eramegaten I see no such thing, there is only train option but as soon as you touch a single strand of their hair you get hostility and hate mark soon after. You can't rape them either since there is no time stop, sleep drugs, night crawling (for player character) etc.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I have a question regarding eramegaten. How do you get closer to girls? In eratohok and in eratohotw simply hanging out or going on dates with them would increase favour and reliability, then after they fell in love with you could do whatever you want with them. But in eramegaten I see no such thing, there is only train option but as soon as you touch a single strand of their hair you get hostility and hate mark soon after. You can't rape them either since there is no time stop, sleep drugs, night crawling (for player character) etc.
Put them in your party and kill stuff with them, when they get I think around 15000 loyalty(It varies based on traits so you might need less or way more) they'll get affection so you'll avoid having to train them to start doing sex stuff.

Last edited:

dalexe

Apr 10, 2020
Apperantly pedy is bad... any alternatives? i tried out anon but it doesn't have the strategy parts of this one

cheeky325

Aug 28, 2016
added malware that messes you up if you try to put them back in
False, it was only ever intended for pops to see if he would mindlessly misappropriate the code. Users were never targeted. The so-called "malware" is long gone, including the release.
You must understand that there are malicious agents who work tirelessly to gaslight and false flag because nothing gives them more pleasure than to see people like you and me infighting. They really didn't like getting exposed, you see.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
False, it was only ever intended for pops to see if he would mindlessly misappropriate the code. Users were never targeted. The so-called "malware" is long gone, including the release.
You must understand that there are malicious agents who work tirelessly to gaslight and false flag because nothing gives them more pleasure than to see people like you and me infighting. They really didn't like getting exposed, you see.
I don't see any "in-fights" here. A malware is a malware that's all.
If they want to continue the soap-opera thing they can continue as they please; I don't think there are people here who are interested in their personal problems that much.
If we like their work we play it and if we don't like it we don't play it.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Apperantly pedy is bad... any alternatives? i tried out anon but it doesn't have the strategy parts of this one
tohoK and tohoTW are different games entirely. K is the strategy game, TW is a slice of life sim. I don't think K has any big other branches. TW is the one with several branches to choose from.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Technically K has several other forks, for different character sets. But yeah, most aren't as updated/translated/developed as far as the main one which is touhou

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Man, in eraMegaten sometimes the generic characters you can get as rewards from Phantom Society have some hilariously good talents, like him having Item Mastery and Gunslinger lvl5 makes him more capable than most of the named characters that fall under the "expert" class because they usually only have at most lvl3 Tool Knowledge and Attack Mastery.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Man, in eraMegaten sometimes the generic characters you can get as rewards from Phantom Society have some hilariously good talents, like him having Item Mastery and Gunslinger lvl5 makes him more capable than most of the named characters that fall under the "expert" class because they usually only have at most lvl3 Tool Knowledge and Attack Mastery.
To add to this on good characters, if I recall there USED TO BE a way to get dual classed characters via training, think it involved training the non-combatant Persona characters as something else and it would give them Persona access + whatever class you trained them as.
Think they removed that though.

As for experts in general, I find them quite lacking vs their Adept counterparts. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me if there are some overpowered combos or exclusive moves that I've missed out on but I think they only get one or two good moves in exchange for not having access to skillcards, which are really great for customizing your movesets.

Last edited:

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
To add to this on good characters, if I recall there USED TO BE a way to get dual classed characters via training, think it involved training the non-combatant Persona characters as something else and it would give them Persona access + whatever class you trained them as.
Think they removed that though.

As for experts in general, I find them quite lacking vs their Adept counterparts. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me if there are some overpowered combos or exclusive moves that I've missed out on but I think they only get one or two good moves in exchange for not having access to skillcards, which are really great for customizing your movesets.
Yeah it doesn't really make sense that Experts can't use skillcards to me, maybe the intention was that Experts would have "better" talents with Attack Mastery increasing their damage and Item Knowledge giving them access to items but have less customization with their skills, while Adepts would have more customization but have less damage output and depending on the character's Item Knowledge less access to items?

But that seems kinda pointless if that was the case as there are quite a few Adepts that have Skilled Caster and/or Summoner which in my opinion is way more useful in dungeons than the straight damage boost Attack Mastery gives and some Adepts also even have some Tool Knowledge levels on top of that meaning that the only real advantage talent-wise is that Experts have a 30% damage boost.

Also has anyone else whose played eraMegaten ever had an enemy revive one of your dead characters? I was doing one of the untranslated Dx2 fights and in one of them an enemy Norn revived one of my characters after they had died I wonder if it's a bug or intentional.

Last edited:

Asswecant1231

Sep 24, 2020
New to the game, what are the weird names you all are discussing about in the comments? Are those better versions or just other games with similar genere?

arepepino

Mar 14, 2019
How do intimacy and favor work in TW?
It annoys the shit out of me that it will tell me to get 50000 favor gems to advance in intimacy, then the next day I'll get 10 times that amount in favor and it doesn't level up, then I check up the character and it says something stupid like 18000/50000

I don't get it. Is there a daily cap of how much favor can be transformed into intimacy?
Other than cheating, how can I work around this?

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
It annoys the shit out of me that it will tell me to get 50000 favor gems to advance in intimacy, then the next day I'll get 10 times that amount in favor and it doesn't level up, then I check up the character and it says something stupid like 18000/50000

I don't get it. Is there a daily cap of how much favor can be transformed into intimacy?
The game does a poor job of conveying it(Could also just be a translation issue) but the favor value you see as a result when doing interactions with characters is exp not gems and that exp I think is then converted to a certain number of gems based on whatever level the favor section under a characters mood status bar is(It also might be based on the total favor accumulated but I can't remember which it is exactly). That's why you're getting huge numbers after successful interactions but far less on the screen showing the gems needed for the next intimacy tier.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017

There is by default a cap of one level up per skill a day. Not sure if it applies to intimacy.
This is stupid and luckily there is a setting to turn it off in options

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017

TW obfuscates the gem mechanic more than other era games. The favor numbers you see after actions aren't gems. They're palam points. Right below the energy/stamina section on the page, there's a bunch of palams with a lvl by each one. The palam points increase their respective levels. At the end of the day, each character gains gems based on what level the palam was at. In other games it would tell you outright how many gems you got for it, but TW doesn't. So I have no idea how much you get for each level. I don't remember which one, but one of the other era games was 1 gem at level 1, and 10 at level 2. Maybe it follows the same growth style?

Level 15 is the max per day, so if all you're doing is intimacy level grinding, you can stop for the day when favor hits level 15.

Last edited:

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
What palam gives desire gems, and what's the best way to increase it that isn't a stone of miranda or tsp-r?

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes