alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
How do you actually launch AnonTW? I downloaded the latest version from the git but it says i must update or install NET to run this?
It should have automatically linked you to a download of the .NET framework version needed when you tried to start the game with Emuera.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
So how does one update the game to the latest version?
You can download the latest version from here and scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find the download section here's the screenshot

1692862204437.png

Just check out the date so you can know which to download and that wiki page gets updated I guess every 6 months or something.

And I suppose If you are talking about eratoho the world and you want to use the save from previous build into the new build just read this
1692862441096.png

Taken from github and I hope this will clear out your doubts now ^^

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So, TouhouK question/issue, I have a custom character that is basically maxed out on everything from the start plus cheated in troops right after forming my own faction, but I seem to be losing an awful lot after a while. At first, I'll gain a bunch of ground, but around the same points where the not so loyal characters, like Nue and Seija, start uprisings, I start losing. This does not necessarily mean my own officers cause the uprisings, it doesn't matter which faction the uprising started in, it still ends with me starting to lose ground on such a large scale that I haven't had even one time where I wasn't on the verge of coming to ruin.

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
So, TouhouK question/issue, I have a custom character that is basically maxed out on everything from the start plus cheated in troops right after forming my own faction, but I seem to be losing an awful lot after a while. At first, I'll gain a bunch of ground, but around the same points where the not so loyal characters, like Nue and Seija, start uprisings, I start losing. This does not necessarily mean my own officers cause the uprisings, it doesn't matter which faction the uprising started in, it still ends with me starting to lose ground on such a large scale that I haven't had even one time where I wasn't on the verge of coming to ruin.
Something I noticed before myself (at least some versions ago since last I played), the enemy factions don't seem to have to follow the same "rules" that the player does in regards to a steady supply of troops.
For example I've noticed newly started factions tend to start with the upper end of the amount of troops. (Late game will see the numbers hit the millions or "LOTS")
Not only that I had an issue where the enemies troops would constantly replenish to insane amounts after knocking them down constantly, making me believe there's some kind of "rubberbanding balance" effect.
(Rubber banding: "in video games, the rubber band effect in dynamic game difficulty balancing, where AI characters falling behind may get a boost by the game while those ahead may be hindered. ")

On the more legitimate side other factions having plenty of officers with high stats in politics/other misc stats and just being idle can boost their economy to high levels which is linked to troop count. I imagine higher difficulty levels can also play into this.
You can also have significant problems depending on your faction relations.
IE: One faction starting to talk shit about your faction in the strategy phase leads to more factions talking shit about your faction until the entire map hates you quite easily, something I tend to wind up trying to counter by sending out money every turn.
Even despite this more often than not coalitions wound up being against me most of the time.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Something I noticed before myself (at least some versions ago since last I played), the enemy factions don't seem to have to follow the same "rules" that the player does in regards to a steady supply of troops.
For example I've noticed newly started factions tend to start with the upper end of the amount of troops. (Late game will see the numbers hit the millions or "LOTS")
Not only that I had an issue where the enemies troops would constantly replenish to insane amounts after knocking them down constantly, making me believe there's some kind of "rubberbanding balance" effect.
(Rubber banding: "in video games, the rubber band effect in dynamic game difficulty balancing, where AI characters falling behind may get a boost by the game while those ahead may be hindered. ")

On the more legitimate side other factions having plenty of officers with high stats in politics and just being idle can boost their economy to high levels which is linked to troop count. I imagine higher difficulty levels can also play into this.
You can also have significant problems depending on your faction relations.
IE: One faction starting to talk shit about your faction in the strategy phase leads to more factions talking shit about your faction until the entire map hates you quite easily, something I tend to wind up trying to counter by sending out money every turn.
Even despite this more often than not coalitions wound up being against me most of the time.
They were all at the highest relations possible due to an experiment I tried to pull with trying to get them all to surrender or align with me in the first round, avoiding combat entirely as well as any split off factions whose leaders would have to be added to the list of priority targets, usually Nue and Seija. This did not work, I think there might be some code to prevent them getting wiped too early by things like that.

As far as giving money, would that not also fund their troops, making failed attempts at forcing surrender mean they are now even more capable against you?

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
As far as giving money, would that not also fund their troops, making failed attempts at forcing surrender mean they are now even more capable against you?
Usually minor amounts, like between 1-100 to keep them from gossiping you into the max negatives, which can happen quite easily.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You might be able to disable the Daily Event for uprisings, not sure though.
It really is one of the worse mechanics.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Yeah it's specifically factions spawned through those events that get the absurd troop numbers to be on par with yours and it's basically impossible to prevent the event from triggering at least once in a longer game unless you disable it outright. Hell it's outright required in something like the Azur Lane version of K as the huge increase in the number of characters makes it impossible to actually win the game as everytime you take out the last faction an uprising will happen before the turn fully ends.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Usually minor amounts, like between 1-100 to keep them from gossiping you into the max negatives, which can happen quite easily.
I see, so not quite enough to fund them, just to pay them off. I've been going max payment the whole time to maximize the effect on relations and it works in that regard, getting a serious positive jump in relations.

I'll look into that, but I would prefer to let them happen as an added difficulty to my actual goal, basically having to add the uprising leader to my list of priority targets, usually Seija with the occasional Nue or rarely both.

Yeah it's specifically factions spawned through those events that get the absurd troop numbers to be on par with yours and it's basically impossible to prevent the event from triggering at least once in a longer game unless you disable it outright. Hell it's outright required in something like the Azur Lane version of K as the huge increase in the number of characters makes it impossible to actually win the game as everytime you take out the last faction an uprising will happen before the turn fully ends.
And a longer game is basically impossible to prevent with a custom faction like one started by a player with their own custom character since the factions seem to be totally unwilling to all just surrender or align from the start of diplomacy even at max positive relations. You might get one per turn if you're lucky, including one from the very beginning of actual hostilities after they begin bordering you instead of unoccupied territory, but that is slow enough to let uprisings happen, and if they then happen to your custom, cheated absurd troop strength faction, they will wipe the floor with you because they could take troops numbering in the millions with them while you lose that many.

Orcboyo

Mar 1, 2020
So I made a character... And he's somehow related to every character listed and I don't know how. Help. Sos

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
Started playing EraTW a couple of days ago and had a goofy bug(?) today. Went to bed and had the "catch someone masturbating" event. Picked the "better with two people" option and deflowered Meiling. Then afterward she had the "Non-Virgin (Unaware)" status and her body information has her deflowering listed as "while sleeping" at the end. Maybe thought it was all a dream (about getting railed for hours), except there was a mini-event next time she saw the main character where she was embarrassed about being caught and the sex. Getting mixed messages here.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Started playing EraTW a couple of days ago and had a goofy bug(?) today. Went to bed and had the "catch someone masturbating" event. Picked the "better with two people" option and deflowered Meiling. Then afterward she had the "Non-Virgin (Unaware)" status and her body information has her deflowering listed as "while sleeping" at the end. Maybe thought it was all a dream (about getting railed for hours), except there was a mini-event next time she saw the main character where she was embarrassed about being caught and the sex. Getting mixed messages here.
I don't think the game takes into account that the event is going on. Basically, if my theory is correct, she actually was asleep and it still triggered the event. However, if the game doesn't take her being an active participant in an event into account, then it is probably still reading her status from before the event. If she was sleeping in this case, then she would be listed as having been deflowered in her sleep, which counts as an unaware deflowering.

It shouldn't do that, but I don't think the game has a catch to make sure she's actually awake as in not sleeping regardless of the event triggering.

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
I don't think the game takes into account that the event is going on. Basically, if my theory is correct, she actually was asleep and it still triggered the event. However, if the game doesn't take her being an active participant in an event into account, then it is probably still reading her status from before the event. If she was sleeping in this case, then she would be listed as having been deflowered in her sleep, which counts as an unaware deflowering.

It shouldn't do that, but I don't think the game has a catch to make sure she's actually awake as in not sleeping regardless of the event triggering.
Yeah, that was my assumption on how it worked mechanically. It turns out that the bug also has a second layer: the "non-virgin (unaware)" tag is stuck now. As in, after having sex with her multiple times over multiple days, she still has that status, and it's showing up in the modifiers list during the actual encounters too. I know it's not due to me just reloading a save, because she has two Lewd Marks from two different days after the night event.

Though if this is some kind of esoteric joke from the devs about Hong Meiling not knowing what sex is, kudos to the devs. :p

Reactions: alex2011

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
Double-posting, but it's been half a week, so... I've started EraMegaten and one thing I'm wondering is, what's the situation with the Extra content? Do you need to download mods somewhere, or is there an Options toggle you need to flip somewhere, or is it NG+ only? Because I can see it referenced in the Diary.exe Ending List so I'm assuming it's already in the translated version, but the Era Games wiki has nothing and I'm pulling my hair out.

Edit: Oh, duh, it's a setting at game start. Can't turn it on midway, apparently. Boo.

Last edited:

whatthefudges

Jul 13, 2021
I don't know how dating points work and I'm having troubles tracking down how many I've accumulated during an entire date.

My usual go-to strategy was spamming skinships usually around a hundred times, using the the sweets shop or the bath to replenish stam and en, then spend the remaining time smashing the conversation button until the game tell me that ' It's time to go home..'. It worked for some characters like Joon or Shion in getting them to confess but when I tried the same for Patchouli, apparently I'm a couple of points short?
Which is strange since I have no problems with other characters and there were instances where I've barely placed any effort into dating Seija at that time, (since it was already dusk when I've finally convinced her to come with me) and I suddenly met the required points to trigger the confession event?

How does this work?

Porkman

Dec 30, 2017
EraMegaten question. Is there an updated list for translated characters+ID's for demons? Playing for the slave aspect right now. Pretty solid game actually!

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
EraMegaten question. Is there an updated list for translated characters+ID's for demons? Playing for the slave aspect right now. Pretty solid game actually!
Your best bet is probably navigating the japanese wiki. I've found lots of more obscure information on the game through browsing that.

Reactions: Porkman

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Finally got my winning run with my player character as ruler in TohoK, Seija decided to be a consistent pain with rebellions even after I outright disabled them, the game must either not implement the disabling of rebellion immediately or it must be preloaded by the time I get into the diplomacy/map screen. Even editing off traits that raise her chance of rebellion and maxing out favor didn't stop her. She didn't last long, though, maybe three turns with no gains for once. She took two of my places and it was at a point where I basically forced everyone else to surrender, including the rest of the permanent alliance I started from the very first moment I could.

Still trying to figure out SumireTeru and grinding the fully translated characters on the Anon build of TW.

EDIT: So I am yet again having an issue with a girl getting fed up and ending sex in TohoK, but this time the trick I found is not working, even touching spots with the sensitive trait sets her off in anger. Even worse, I can't avoid sex until she's at some different level of stats, she's the one starting it on my next time interacting when I try to leave.

Last edited:

duf201

Oct 22, 2019
There is no way to edit save of tohok?

After I added new character. when I start a new round with my old save, game always crash by
"エラー内容:キャラクタ配列変数CFLAGの第1引数(-1)はキャラ登録番号の範囲外です"

Wanna keep my main character's data, it company me for years. and I don't wanna make it a custom character
Just want to start a whole new game then paste character's data to new save

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Of all the years I've played K, I've never gotten my ass handed to me to the extent I see others. And I don't use cheated stats, in fact I rolled for stats and used that, and I still ended having S ranks in some stats by endgame. I also immediately make new officers fall, even if this takes a few turns of me playing on defense. Although, I also started with Yukari, who has a chance to summon Ran, who has a chance to summon Chen, even if they're in different armies. Armies are usually only 3 officers last I remember, but Yukari and Ran can cheat by having a 4th officer using their ability.

Though you have to deal with Yukari being a lazy bitch and not doing anything.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes