Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Most speculation so far is that its a false positive likely due to a lot of anti-viruses started to get pissy at things which try to mess with the clipboard which the anchor does for the text hooking feature to aid with using the translation aggregator (or other equivalent tools). Nothing concrete confirming it either way but development on the Git has continued ignoring the problem entirely so I wouldn't expect a fix.

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
something tell me people won't read the chat and ask the question about false malware report again and again soon....perhaps Pedy was right. They only come to press download and do nothing else.

• Sad
Reactions: sandsea_urchin

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
....perhaps Pedy was right. They only come to press download and do nothing else.
Funny how no one mentions the code is there for anyone to see, in the Git. Well, that'd be an even longer read :LOL:

I'm grateful for the translators' work... Just mentioning that, since no one has for a while. :unsure:

Reactions: vnpt

cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
something tell me people won't read the chat and ask the question about false malware report again and again soon....perhaps Pedy was right. They only come to press download and do nothing else.
well consider it from their POV, for example my windows crashed my pc just now just to delete the .exe of the game... even if i allowed it before...
now if that happened to someone whos very scared of viruses... they wont check what really happened they will only experience paranoia even if windows is just warning them of the virus... so going on here to ask may seem logical and it may give peace of mind as well...
looking though the discussion may not occur to them, and to those that did look though... well those didnt ask obviously.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah, well this site is for convenience, with that comes laziness. If you can get by just pressing download, it can create this kind of atmosphere. Not like everybody here is like that at least (Tons of games are translated by people here). The other places this game are talked about have their own problems. No barrier for entry to a site and there's no quality control. HGG has fights about stupid/cuck shit every 50 comments or so and people ignoring the messages in the thread talking about the virus too, lol.

Watching them go on and on about NTR over and over again is something else. I hate it too but I don't mind ignoring people bringing it up... usually. A kink is a kink, as long as people aren't trying to force their shit into every game (Which happens occasionally), I don't care. At least they don't have people bitching about fictional loli/rape stuff over there as much as here, I'll give them a point for that. Lot more people on high horses over here about that shit, lol. Those people that come into threads here just to complain about a kink the game is clearly listed as having is almost impressive.

It's fantasy shit, there is no morally superior fictional kink or morally inferior fictional kink. Anything is fine as long as no real person gets hurt. Wish people could get that through their thick heads. Ask the average gamer if violent games cause violence and they'll say no. Ask the average vanilla kink loving H game player if rape/loli/bestiality/whatever in H games is bad/dangerous and they'll say yes. Real disconnect/lack of self awareness there.

Well anyways, hopefully more people will use the search function here before asking the same question that's been asked a dozen times here now lol.

Last edited:

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
About the Malware thing... I did see the wishmaster9000 executable file and deleted it once I saw it...
Not sure how true this is but it's from hgg... lol.png

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
About the Malware thing... I did see the wishmaster9000 executable file and deleted it once I saw it...
Not sure how true this is but it's from hgg... View attachment 1170724
The code is still open source on the git, so if someone with appropriate knowledge feels like looking they could always check.

Given the practicalities involved in inserting code to serve as a keylogger, especially one that is conditional on having certain things in your browser data sounds implausible so they are likely joking. Especially since these sorts of problems have cropped up with the anchor before and it tends to just be a false alarm.

If you are really concerned you can just download it and delete the anchor and just use the normal executable for most era games, the main thing you lose out on by doing so is the auto transfer to clipboard feature which hurts if you are playing a mostly untranslated game but is far less of a problem if you are playing one of the more translated ones like tohoK.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
It was originally a joke/troll I think. The previous thread has people talking about it more and how some people wanted to make it seem legit to scare people here. I don't want to tell people it's safe because that may not be true anymore (I haven't tried the current stuff) or true in the future, but it seemed to start as a "harmless" April fools thing anyways.

I think it'd be better to save shit like that for when people are already playing the game rather than fucking with shit before they even start, but eh. Everybody has to start somewhere, get people interested in the game first and they might add content to the game in the future. If I was scared off, I wouldn't have started tweaking shit in the files. Inclusive/tribalism shit is a great way to keep everything the same and prevent growth and improvements, but goodluck convincing people of that or trying to get them to care about it, lol.

Reactions: Vurado and alri

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
It was originally a joke/troll I think.
Well, he must have a good laugh with all the guys here running around like scared headless chickens :LOL:
(and it's pretty obvious he must be behind at least one of the false reports we got here :ROFLMAO:)

Even if you can't read code to save your life, you can just send the files to your AV for verification. It's their job.

I still haven't checked, but I can confirm at least TW and K are flagged as viruses. Being flagged as such, by the way, only requires a few false reports in the right places. But AV companies won't bother to double-check the reports unless it's their own clients asking.

PS: more seriously, hate can only be cured if/when one side takes the first step. Why couldn't we be the better men?
Translation takes time and effort. We benefit, and they get a deserved 'thanks'. Win-win.

Last edited:

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Everyone and there dog knows at this point that various antivirus are flagging the game up as a virus threat. Unless someone with the appropriate knowledge is willing to sift through the code to verify there isn't much we can do at this point. If people don't trust it there only real option is to not download.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
>Someone at Microsoft had to review the exe for a pr0n game for viruses

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
>Someone at Microsoft had to review the exe for a pr0n game for viruses
They have to do something with there time other than creating annoying software updates that have no tangible effect beyond fucking up your settings.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
lol tried redownloading it, Windows instantly sent it to quarantine. Makes me wish someone would give more love to the FGO version to translate more of that one instead

izpro

Jun 5, 2020
I gotta say, not long after downloading this and clicking the wishmaster9000 .exe someone from Japan (possible VPN user I suppose but def not me) definitely had my password and tried to force their way into my email address but was thankfully stopped by microsoft, which then alerted me and had me change my password. I also recently downloaded The Sims 3 from fitgirlrepacks but accidentally clicked a clone site and downloaded a torrent from there, and that is the only other source of this virus(?) that I can think of.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon because I love this game and am now too paranoid to play it.

I have to admit those comments seem like they are just semi-innocently trying to troll f95'ers but I figured I should give everyone fair warning that my password was indeed stolen and as far as I can tell there are only two culprits.

Edit: ALSO Wishmaster appeared to do nothing for me except pull up a command prompt window and proceed to vanish before I could see anything. I didn't see any of the intended effects ingame as far as I could tell.

• Angry
Reactions: FruitSmoothie
4.40 star(s) 24 Votes