Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I gotta say, not long after downloading this and clicking the wishmaster9000 .exe someone from Japan (possible VPN user I suppose but def not me) definitely had my password and tried to force their way into my email address but was thankfully stopped by microsoft, which then alerted me and had me change my password. I also recently downloaded The Sims 3 from fitgirlrepacks but accidentally clicked a clone site and downloaded a torrent from there, and that is the only other source of this virus(?) that I can think of.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon because I love this game and am now too paranoid to play it.

I have to admit those comments seem like they are just semi-innocently trying to troll f95'ers but I figured I should give everyone fair warning that my password was indeed stolen and as far as I can tell there are only two culprits.

Edit: ALSO Wishmaster appeared to do nothing for me except pull up a command prompt window and proceed to vanish before I could see anything. I didn't see any of the intended effects ingame as far as I could tell.
The wishmaster thing was added as an april fools day prank, it is literally there to trick people. It was added on April 1st and specifically made a jab at people on F95 being into ntr and hating the loli content of the game (despite both of being togglable) in the patch note that added it. I am not aware of it causes any real harm as far as I know it is just meant to spook people but I also hadn't heard of anyone falling for it before you so I can't say for sure.

I think in terms of the source of the virus, you using a shady torrent is a far more likely candidate but regardless you should probably do an in depth scan of your PC using your anti virus if you haven't already. If the downloads were shady you may have more virus that got onto your PC without your notice.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

izpro

Jun 5, 2020
The wishmaster thing was added as an april fools day prank, it is literally there to trick people. It was added on April 1st and specifically made a jab at people on F95 being into ntr and hating the loli content of the game (despite both of being togglable) in the patch note that added it. I am not aware of it causes any real harm as far as I know it is just meant to spook people but I also hadn't heard of anyone falling for it before you so I can't say for sure.

I think in terms of the source of the virus, you using a shady torrent is a far more likely candidate but regardless you should probably do an in depth scan of your PC using your anti virus if you haven't already. If the downloads were shady you may have more virus that got onto your PC without your notice.
I definitely did that, the results didn't really help elucidate what the actual cause was though. It was just a heads up. I'm not trying to raise any false alarms but you never really know and it seemed like odd timing with the prank/rumors.

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
So i just downloaded the game and i can't find the exe to start the game. What the hell do i click to start this party.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
So i just downloaded the game and i can't find the exe to start the game. What the hell do i click to start this party.
The folder should look like this, the highlighted file 'Emuera-Anchor' is normally what you launch to start the game, if it isn't present then it may have been flagged by your antivirus as a potential threat and removed during the download.

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
The folder should look like this, the highlighted file 'Emuera-Anchor' is normally what you launch to start the game, if it isn't present then it may have been flagged by your antivirus as a potential threat and removed during the download.
Yep, alot of that stuff is missing. Don't supposed you could point me to a way to download it without the removal of that shit.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Yep, alot of that stuff is missing. Don't supposed you could point me to a way to download it without the removal of that shit.
The version I use is pulled from the development branch on the git, if you have a gitgud account you can download it here:

This version is the active development branch so is not necessarily as stable as the master releases but is the most up to date, to download it you just go to the button to the left of clone which should say download when you hover over it, download it as a zip and extract it and you should then have the most up to date version of the game.

If you keep having problems with stuff being missing and it turns out to be your antivirus you may need to make and exception for the files in your anti virus so it stops removing them, how to do so varies by the type of antivirus so I can't give to much feedback on that front.

Reactions: Vurado

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
The version I use is pulled from the development branch on the git, if you have a gitgud account you can download it here:

This version is the active development branch so is not necessarily as stable as the master releases but is the most up to date, to download it you just go to the button to the left of clone which should say download when you hover over it, download it as a zip and extract it and you should then have the most up to date version of the game.

If you keep having problems with stuff being missing and it turns out to be your antivirus you may need to make and exception for the files in your anti virus so it stops removing them, how to do so varies by the type of antivirus so I can't give to much feedback on that front.
Can't connect to the site, says their is a problem and that i should refresh or try again later. Been waiting for an hour right now. If i can't get it there where else could i get it or if possible can i get a copy of yours since your works.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Can't connect to the site, says their is a problem and that i should refresh or try again later. Been waiting for an hour right now. If i can't get it there where else could i get it or if possible can i get a copy of yours since your works.
Huh, was working when I posted it but I just tried the link and just going straight there from a bookmark and neither worked. Seems the site is down for whatever reason.
If you are okay with only having the latest version of the master rather than the development branch you can pick up the master branch of eraTohoK off the Era games wiki here:

Just go to the part at the bottom of the page where it says latest build and you can scroll through the listed eraGames and you should find the latest version of the master branch from the 08/04/2021. Just click the link for TohoK and it should download the zip file for you.

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
Huh, was working when I posted it but I just tried the link and just going straight there from a bookmark and neither worked. Seems the site is down for whatever reason.
If you are okay with only having the latest version of the master rather than the development branch you can pick up the master branch of eraTohoK off the Era games wiki here:

Just go to the part at the bottom of the page where it says latest build and you can scroll through the listed eraGames and you should find the latest version of the master branch from the 08/04/2021. Just click the link for TohoK and it should download the zip file for you.
It seems to work. thanks for the help and pointers, your a saint

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
Its no trouble at all, hope you enjoy the game.
And i hit a dead end, when one AI attacks and i get.
SLGYSLG_COMBAT.ERB at line 1074 emuera has encourtered an error: Emuera-Anchor
Undefined function
I don't know what is wrong but i need more help

Edit: Redownloaded the thing and now it just removes the exe all together. What the hell

Last edited:

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
And i hit a dead end, when one AI attacks and i get.
SLGYSLG_COMBAT.ERB at line 1074 emuera has encourtered an error: Emuera-Anchor
Undefined function
I don't know what is wrong but i need more help

Edit: Redownloaded the thing and now it just removes the exe all together. What the hell
Okay, check to make sure your antivirus isn't removing the anchor as that may be buggering things up a little.

I was going to upload my own copy of the development branch but even zipped its above F95 upload size limit. If your problems persist my only real recommendations at that point is to wait for the git to be back up. Then you could download from the development branch and I am not getting any problems on that version.

EDIT: I've poked my head into the thread over on hgg as well and they are complaining about the git being down so it looks like the problem is on the gits end. Probably server downtime for maintenance or something, will just have to wait it out.

EDIT2: Just checked and as of this morning the Git is back up and people can download from there again. I would recomend people download the development branch from the Git given people have been having issues with the master branch.

Last edited:

Jrobbo117

Dec 30, 2017
tried to set up a profile on Git but for some reason the confirmation email is not being sent. I am really not enjoying trying to get this game and having the run around to get it

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
tried to set up a profile on Git but for some reason the confirmation email is not being sent. I am really not enjoying trying to get this game and having the run around to get it
I made mine ages ago so I am no sure if there have been problems since, have you done the standard checking of your spam folder and so on? If not you may just have to wait and see if it comes through later.

quarke676

Jul 23, 2019
Right after downloading this from the anonfile link and extracting MSE alerted me that it had the Win32/Uwamson.A!ml trojan. I don't torrent and I hadn't downloaded anything recently so unless it was a false alert I'd be wary.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Right after downloading this from the anonfile link and extracting MSE alerted me that it had the Win32/Uwamson.A!ml trojan. I don't torrent and I hadn't downloaded anything recently so unless it was a false alert I'd be wary.
Bro, just, like, read the past few pages worth

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It's posts like these that make me feel like the site needs to implement a mandatory search bar tutorial and a "no redundant questions" policy. I'm especially tired of people asking for saves constantly, but asking why a game gets flagged as a virus is a close second. Like my dude, it takes more effort to figure out this game's mechanics than to work the search bar.

Reactions: peppone

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
So, is anybody willing to share their custom character presets? I'm surprised this wasn't a thing, seeing as how you can have pretty much any character you want to appear in the game as a generic hero.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I'd hate to ask this but can someone please help me out how to add a custom image in EraTohoK that uses multiple faces? I was playing the FGO era game after seeing some character portraits in that, I wanted to convert/add them to EraTohoK. The issue is that FGO doesn't have custom character portraits and the ones used for custom characters use only one portrait/face. The NPC's of course a single portrait with multiple faces but I'm not sure how I'd do that for a custom character portrait since there is no example I can use. Right now, I'm stuck on the custom csv.

I'm trying to add multiple faces to c33,c33.png,0,0,180,180;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I went into the FGO csv and copied that before pasting it in the EraTohoK csv. I tried this

image_54,054.Png,0,0,256,256

c33_c33.png,0,0,256,256;;;;;;;;;;;;;
c33_angry,c33.png,256,0,256,256;;;;;;;;;;;;;
c33_blush,c33.png,512,0,256,256;;;;;;;;;;;;;
c33_sad,c33.png,768,0,256,256;;;;;;;;;;;;;

but It didn't work. I'm not quite sure how to make it work. All I know is that the portrait with all the faces appear when I find it in the creator. Any tips or a point in the direction would help.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes