RayZEvans

Jul 31, 2018
I was playing the new version for like a week now, and only today i get the notification of "allegedly" trojan virus, very cool.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
New update to the master branch on the git. Seems to have stopped some antivirus from freaking out.
Update refers to adding a miner but given past precedent it is almost certainly a joke but felt it important so people can make an informed choice if they are willing to risk it.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Holy shit it's a Rogue-like, are there any other tilesets for this?
It's not a rogue-like. The other guy who said that doesn't know what a rogue-like is. Text-based =/= Rogue-like. This is a 4X game like Civilization, Europa Universalis, Stellaris, Nobunaga's Ambition, or Iron Hearts. It being most similar to older games in the Nobunaga's Ambition series.

4X as in eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate. Which are the main actions you take as you play.

Since it's not a rogue-like, there are no tilesets for it because there are no tiles.

ton10p

Oct 20, 2017
also someone might need to re-upload a new version becouse the downloads are triggering googles antivirus for a unknown reason as it could just be something non aggressive... soo somone might want to check the files and re-upload it

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
The most up to date version of the game seems to not trigger anti virus as much.
As always if a person wants the most recent version (1.29.3) there better off pulling it off the git rather than waiting for people to upload here.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Any note on when the erotic dialogue will be translated?
People working on the project just translate whatever they want when they want as they go. It's open-source instead of a dedicated project, afterall.

Because of that, some characters are translated and others aren't. Satori, Flandre, and Remilia are all 99% translated, for example. While Waggy Saggy and Rumia are maybe only 3% translated.

Of course, a character might have conversation/date dialogue to translate, but no sexual dialogue to translate. Because the sex dialogue was never written for them.

idkfaiddqd

Oct 1, 2020
20 from 69 stuff considers this as malicious from virustotal. And it seems pretty much all version of it. Kinda sad, because i really liked this game.

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
20 from 69 stuff considers this as malicious from virustotal. And it seems pretty much all version of it. Kinda sad, because i really liked this game.
The executable gets flagged for no reason, you can read the source and compile it yourself if you want, it's on the git.

Reactions: Seamonkey

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
too bad Era game is not my expertise to help translate...
The text/code for the games is all in non-hardcoded json files that can be edited by free tools like NotePad++. It's ridiculously easy to edit the text to translate the games.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Probably dumb question to ask but is there any other DOS like games like Eratoho K?
I know about the variant clone games on and played the ones I could but now that's opened a new door. Now I'm curious if there something like Lilith's Throne thats been made in the same way Eratoho K was made in.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Probably dumb question to ask but is there any other DOS like games like Eratoho K?
I know about the variant clone games on and played the ones I could but now that's opened a new door. Now I'm curious if there something like Lilith's Throne thats been made in the same way Eratoho K was made in.
I imagine you mean text-based because none of these games were made in DOS.

If you mean "In the same way eraTohoK was made in" by "Made in the codebase eralang," then no. There aren't really any world-map-roam-y sandbox games (Like Lilith's Throne is) made in era. If you mean "In the same way eraTohoK was made in" by "Mostly text with few images," then yes.

FreeCities is another game that's also very text-based. Base FreeCities was abandoned, but the expansion called "PregMod" adds a lot of content (Much more than just pregnancy like the name suggests) and is still maintained. A new version gets released almost every day. It's SimCity with sex slaves.

There's also Degrees of Lewdity which has a lot of picture/animation support, but is also very text-heavy and has sandbox-y free-roam like Lilith's Throne has. Also still actively updated. PC can only be a Loli or Shota, though. So, if you don't like Lolicon or Shotacon material, DoL doesn't have much for you.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I imagine you mean text-based because none of these games were made in DOS.

If you mean "In the same way eraTohoK was made in" by "Made in the codebase eralang," then no. There aren't really any world-map-roam-y sandbox games (Like Lilith's Throne is) made in era. If you mean "In the same way eraTohoK was made in" by "Mostly text with few images," then yes.

FreeCities is another game that's also very text-based. Base FreeCities was abandoned, but the expansion called "PregMod" adds a lot of content (Much more than just pregnancy like the name suggests) and is still maintained. A new version gets released almost every day. It's SimCity with sex slaves.

There's also Degrees of Lewdity which has a lot of picture/animation support, but is also very text-heavy and has sandbox-y free-roam like Lilith's Throne has. Also still actively updated. PC can only be a Loli or Shota, though. So, if you don't like Lolicon or Shotacon material, DoL doesn't have much for you.
I've played Free cities but I don't think it's been updated with any significant amount of content since I've played 3.9.5

I've played Degrees of Lewdity as well and while I like the concept, I find it pretty boring since you can't give yourself any real goals. Like I don't understand why you can't rent an apartment with Roblin when you can clearly make enough to afford. There's no end goals at all in that game.

Are there any other good eralang games? I did enjoy the ROTK gameplay, especially when I was able to create custom characters.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
I've played Free cities but I don't think it's been updated with any significant amount of content since I've played 3.9.5

I've played Degrees of Lewdity as well and while I like the concept, I find it pretty boring since you can't give yourself any real goals. Like I don't understand why you can't rent an apartment with Roblin when you can clearly make enough to afford. There's no end goals at all in that game.

Are there any other good eralang games? I did enjoy the ROTK gameplay, especially when I was able to create custom characters.
Well, the reason for that with DoL is because the game's still in alpha. It doesn't have actual endings, yet. Vrelnir does give actual support to it and talk among forums quite frequently, though. (Dunno if he talks here, but he's a frequent talker on other sites' threads of his game.) So, it'll probably get there eventually.

Did you not try era games other than the K variants?

Most of them are free-roam dating sims like TohoTW, eraAkumaMaid, eraInSchool(Not translated), or EraIM(Lamoli's pet project where he's fusing several different era games into one. It's not actually done, yet.). Then training games like eraSQN, EraKanon(The original Era game), or TohoReverse.

The less common ones are things like the following. First are games like EraMegaten, EraSekaQ, or EraMaouEX that are more about managing or crawling dungeons. Then the city-simulator EraAS (Largely unfinished. Similarly no actual endings or goals.). EraKancolle+SJ (Another fusion project Lamoli is working on.) is another era game. That one is literally just an exact copy of Kancolle (Maps, construction rates, and all), but with sex events and the sex training system from the other era games added in.

EraInSchool, the training games, and EraMegaten, I think are the only ones with a variety of endings if you're looking for the games with endings.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Well, the reason for that with DoL is because the game's still in alpha. It doesn't have actual endings, yet. Vrelnir does give actual support to it and talk among forums quite frequently, though. (Dunno if he talks here, but he's a frequent talker on other sites' threads of his game.) So, it'll probably get there eventually.

Did you not try era games other than the K variants?

Most of them are free-roam dating sims like TohoTW, eraAkumaMaid, eraInSchool(Not translated), or EraIM(Lamoli's pet project where he's fusing several different era games into one. It's not actually done, yet.). Then training games like eraSQN, EraKanon(The original Era game), or TohoReverse.

The less common ones are things like the following. First are games like EraMegaten, EraSekaQ, or EraMaouEX that are more about managing or crawling dungeons. Then the city-simulator EraAS (Largely unfinished. Similarly no actual endings or goals.). EraKancolle+SJ (Another fusion project Lamoli is working on.) is another era game. That one is literally just an exact copy of Kancolle (Maps, construction rates, and all), but with sex events and the sex training system from the other era games added in.

EraInSchool, the training games, and EraMegaten, I think are the only ones with a variety of endings if you're looking for the games with endings.
I've tried four

eraTohoK - ROTK gameplay, I like that the most since I actually play ROTK games, namely 3,4, 8 and 13

eraFGO-K - ROTK likeTohoK but with type moon characters. The events aren't translated from what I remember(anyway to add custom characters with custom photo's to this?)

eraTW-FGO - Type moon dating sim? But it's completely untranslated so I can't play it

eraGvT - Played it, too difficult in the beginning and.....well, I don't like getting raped almost five seconds in, even as a guy. wish there was a save editor or something like that. Might enjoy it than.

eraAS - interesting concept, too grindy though

I don't mind If they don't have "endings" per say, DOL just doesn't have much to do besides work and get raped lol
Besides for the ones I've tried above, I haven't tried any other and If I'm being honest, If I can't create a character, I don't really want to play them. Isn't era SQN like a training game for females? I don't recognize EraKanon and TohoReverse or I may not remember them from the wiki. As long as their partially translated, If be interested in looking at any one of them. I'm guessing the only era games are on the era wiki?

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
I've tried four

eraTohoK - ROTK gameplay, I like that the most since I actually play ROTK games, namely 3,4, 8 and 13

eraFGO-K - ROTK likeTohoK but with type moon characters. The events aren't translated from what I remember(anyway to add custom characters with custom photo's to this?)

eraTW-FGO - Type moon dating sim? But it's completely untranslated so I can't play it

eraGvT - Played it, too difficult in the beginning and.....well, I don't like getting raped almost five seconds in, even as a guy. wish there was a save editor or something like that. Might enjoy it than.

eraAS - interesting concept, too grindy though

I don't mind If they don't have "endings" per say, DOL just doesn't have much to do besides work and get raped lol
Besides for the ones I've tried above, I haven't tried any other and If I'm being honest, If I can't create a character, I don't really want to play them. Isn't era SQN like a training game for females? I don't recognize EraKanon and TohoReverse or I may not remember them from the wiki. As long as their partially translated, If be interested in looking at any one of them. I'm guessing the only era games are on the era wiki?
Definitely try eraMegaten, it's an RPG styled after the Megami Tensei series (which most famously in the west includes all the Persona games) and it's got a huge amount of content, I think most of which is translated. There are other Era games not on the wiki, but none would be translated so I can't help you there.

Aside from that someone was making a heavily eraGvT inspired game, Corrupted Saviours I believe. It's from the perspective of the bad guys and there's a lot of features from GvT that aren't in it but it does a lot of things better and it's fully in English. And there's always the older stuff, I think people are still working on a modded CoC and there's many similar games to that.

Reactions: Anon727
4.40 star(s) 24 Votes