Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Apologies if you felt my take on the issue was biased, I did my best to give an unbiased account but I only lurk on hgg so I could only report on things I actively saw on that end which was mostly memeing on f95 for being ntr lovers without any real context as to individual incidents beyond the ones I would occasionally see in thread. Its also possible I simply forgot stuff.
I honestly completely forgot about the loli acceptance issue because of this site becoming increasingly permissive of loli content over time meant that I mostly forgot it was a thing outside of memes.
Thanks for the additional perspective and context onto the issue.

Reactions: FrogFrozen

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Any idea how to mess with the way coalition proposals are calculated? Or just disable them entirely? It's an interesting idea, but I've seen them form coalition against people over than the player a total of 1 time. And against the player 48 billion times. I've even seen coalitions against the player trigger turn 1 of war before you've even had time to piss anyone off.

It seems like just an arbitrary way to fuck over the player's nation instead of a consequence of playing too aggressively. I've dug through the code for the triggers, but I can't make heads or tails of what I found.

Reactions: Oberstein

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Like twice the size of the campaign map "Gathering of Heroes" Eurupe 1939. It's a good map but if you know how to play, It won't take you very long to steam roll the enemies. It's only a challenge when you put on the special factions on but there more of an annoyance. It REALLY irritates me when these fuckers just randomly "SNEAK" into your castle and rob you of one of your vassals, especially your wife and/or children. It maddens me even further if they have really good stats. My wife got kidnaped and raped even though her states were past 120 >_> I'd rather just have more "regular" factions than these annoying ass factions. It's defeat obviously if you lose/get captured. Maybe a Mongolian invasion like faction or some "holy" faction that wants to kill everything that not part of their religion.
Shameful disprey.

Actually I got married to Chen in one of my games, and she ended up kidnapped, though no one did anything to her yet. In order to save her, I literally steamrolled 3 entire cities that were between me and her, mass murdering everything in my path and maybe even eating their flesh. Chen was kidnapped technically for 1 turn, and in the very next turn I had wiped them out.

Maybe I got a little mad.

Reactions: Chaotics19

vnpt

Jul 8, 2019
Shameful disprey.

Actually I got married to Chen in one of my games, and she ended up kidnapped, though no one did anything to her yet. In order to save her, I literally steamrolled 3 entire cities that were between me and her, mass murdering everything in my path and maybe even eating their flesh. Chen was kidnapped technically for 1 turn, and in the very next turn I had wiped them out.

Maybe I got a little mad.
Gotta do what you gotta do buddy.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Any idea how to mess with the way coalition proposals are calculated? Or just disable them entirely? It's an interesting idea, but I've seen them form coalition against people over than the player a total of 1 time. And against the player 48 billion times. I've even seen coalitions against the player trigger turn 1 of war before you've even had time to piss anyone off.

It seems like just an arbitrary way to fuck over the player's nation instead of a consequence of playing too aggressively. I've dug through the code for the triggers, but I can't make heads or tails of what I found.
Scratch this. Coalitions against people other than the player a total of 2 times. Both were against nations led by Goliath. Who's the only leader I've ever seen get "Savage" status for their nation. They got it both games. Dunno what makes Goliath so fucking aggressive, but apparently all coalitions will target the player if Goliath isn't on the warpath.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I actually had a game where people were ganging up on other random rulers except for me, the one doing the most damage. I'm not really sure why this happens.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I was trying to figure out how to use the custom portrait system this seems to have but while doing that I noticed a ton of portraits labeled "gen1, gen2, etc..." that don't actually appear in the game and I noticed if you try to rename one to fit the naming convention of a custom portrait it just gets renamed back so what's the purpose of those being there?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I'm not too sure, but I think the version made available here on F95 seems to be outdated.
Well the version available here is 1.28.13 according to the front page, the version of the dev branch I downloaded a while ago (so likely already out of date) is 1.824. So its seems its a fair bit behind.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Well the version available here is 1.28.13 according to the front page, the version of the dev branch I downloaded a while ago (so likely already out of date) is 1.824. So its seems its a fair bit behind.
Where did you download that version the most recent one I've downloaded from the repository a few days ago is 1.29.3 are you sure you didn't download one of the other era games by accident?

Reactions: Seamonkey

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Where did you download that version the most recent one I've downloaded from the repository a few days ago is 1.29.3 are you sure you didn't download one of the other era games by accident?
Was looking at the wrong version number, thanks for pointing it out. Double checked in the right place and as you said it was 1.29.3 so not as badly out of date as I thought.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Was looking at the wrong version number, thanks for pointing it out. Double checked in the right place and as you said it was 1.29.3 so not as badly out of date as I thought.
Yeah, he's not that out-of-date and that message has been in English for years, now. No reason it's still in Japanese. No idea why its doing that.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes