Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Its very hard to do broad rules as the girls traits modify how early it is safe to do things by a fair bit. Some skinship actions like headpats and lap pillows should probably be safe to do for all characters when you get them to the level where you can get them to follow you/ take them on dates. You normally have to grind favour and reliability for a while to get to that point though. If you have a high music skill it is easy to grind up favour is to consistently play music to them. Otherwise work with them on jobs, serve tea and converse with them until they are more comfortable.
Once they are at the stage where they are yearning you will be a lot safer making advances on them without them getting angry.
Got it, just keep at it. Need to see how to see her attitude towards me. Only thing I found was next to her name was (Sullen) so maybe that's her attitude towards me? Or just in general? Either way, just gotta keep going, thanks!

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You might need to buy the book in the shop to buy it or something. However, you won't be able to use it unless a character has consented to being impregnated by you. I wrote a guide on pregnancy a few pages back if you want to do it the "old fashioned way."
Can't you mix drugs into food when you cook it?

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Got it, just keep at it. Need to see how to see her attitude towards me. Only thing I found was next to her name was (Sullen) so maybe that's her attitude towards me? Or just in general? Either way, just gotta keep going, thanks!
Sullen just means they're sad in general. They can start the day like that(In which case you usually get a listen to complaints or similar option that can make it go away) or if you anger them and then apologize they'll be sullen for the rest of the day.

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone play the eratohoTW one? The dating sim one, not this one where you're in charge of a nation. Been playing it but not sure when I can do skinship stuff and am curious if I just have to keep increasing favor or something, I'm at about lvl 4, and at E or D of it but she still gets angry, so if anyone's played and has an idea hit me up with what I'm doing wrong
Whether an interaction succeeds depends on several factors, such as Stats, Traits and Mood.
When it comes to stats, the most important for interactions is probably Favorability, but Intimacy, Obedience, and Desire might also play a role. Either way, hitting the requirements for Yearning, Lust, etc seems to lower the thresholds.
While all the characters will more or less agree to anything you do, given enough stats, certain characters may be more open to some interactions earlier or later, depending on their traits. You can mouse over their traits on their Abilities menu to check how they're affected by them. Some may be docile and have lower thresholds and some may be prudent and have higher thresholds. Some may hate men (Misandrist trait), making it much more difficult to build favorability.

If you know what you're doing, Mood makes everything else a lot easier.
First, let's talk about the Mood and Composure meter that sits under their name. You might have noticed that interactions will sometimes add a heart to Mood and remove a star from Composure. The Mood stat represents how much they're enjoying your company and the Composure stat represents their momentary inhibition. Generally, all positive interactions will raise Mood a little bit to a maximum of five hearts. Physical interactions, such as skinship, will lower the number of silver stars until the very last star is replaced by a single gold star when completely emptied. Characters with low Composure are more uninhibited. The lower their inhibition, the more likely you'll be able to get away with something like Embrace and Headpat despite low favorability. Depending on their sexual frustration and how much they like you, they may end up pushing you down for sex. Keep in mind that characters that have consented to sex aren't necessarily open to vaginal penetration, even if they're putting it in themselves. Raise your intimacy and/or desire before attempting.
Some tips:
  • Mood and Composure will slowly return to their initial values if a character goes too long without interaction.
  • You can perform a kiss on the forehead by selecting Kiss right after a Headpat. Fair warning though, they'll be pissed off if they're barely tolerating Embrace.
  • Similarly, you can initiate a Kiss after Lap Pillow, but it will be a full-on kiss. Don't do this unless they're okay with kissing.
  • Pay attention to the Anger stat. If embracing a character sets it to !!! or higher, don't embrace a second time until it's empty or almost empty. That goes for all interactions.
  • Characters with high Mood and/or low Composure can enable the Follow command. Try to lead them into a secluded, indoor location before attempting physical contact at low favorability. Their anger raises slower when it's just the two of you.
Next, let's talk about their other mood. You might have noticed at some point characters being happier or angrier than usual. Their mood, in this sense, will be reflected in their portrait as well as a status next to their name. Characters in a bad mood give less favorability and get annoyed more easily by physical contact, including skinship. Oppositely, characters in a good mood give higher favorability and are more tolerant of physical contact. You can raise a character's mood by completing their favors, cooking their favorite foods (which you'll only know if your intimacy is high enough), and giving them sake. Moods will last as long as you don't do anything to change it. Pushing your luck can remove the Happy state.

Be careful of what sake you give and how much you give. Characters have a preferred strength based on their alcohol tolerance. A character will refuse alcohol if they feel like they had too many. Characters will also refuse alcohol faster if the strength of the sake is not to their liking. The next part is very important, so pay attention. As a character becomes more intoxicated, they also become less inhibited. However, interactions they don't like will sober them up very quickly. If a character pushes you down when they're drunk and sobers up to Tipsy mid way, the character will (justifiably, in my opinion) treat it as rape. Sexual XP earned that way will also count as Unconscious XP. Conversations will also automatically fail if a character is too drunk. Moderation is key.

P.S. I don't really recommend the Music route. It's really hard to train because it saps a shit ton of energy and stamina just to play an instrument once. If you're dead set on doing it anyways, I recommend also practicing cooking and eating your meals to regain some energy. Also keep in mind that you can bathe once a day for a good bit of energy and stamina. Also, I'd recommend befriending Kosuzu. She'll rent out spares of books being loaned. She also has this weird book that doubles sex XP for you and the people you're having sex with, but I'm not sure how/when you get it since it's a relatively recent addition.

Last edited:

mad666

Oct 10, 2017
Some of the Mixing recipes require you to be friends with a character to unlock (I think intimacy 5, I can't remember). I think Medicine Melancholy teaches it. She lives in the Bamboo Forest near the Nameless Hill. What does the description say when you click it?
it tell me that poison body that is, it does not tell me who i need to learn it from

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Whether an interaction succeeds depends on several factors, such as Stats, Traits and Mood.
When it comes to stats, the most important for interactions is probably Favorability, but Intimacy, Obedience, and Desire might also play a role. Either way, hitting the requirements for Yearning, Lust, etc seems to lower the thresholds.
While all the characters will more or less agree to anything you do, given enough stats, certain characters may be more open to some interactions earlier or later, depending on their traits. You can mouse over their traits on their Abilities menu to check how they're affected by them. Some may be docile and have lower thresholds and some may be prudent and have higher thresholds. Some may hate men (Misandrist trait), making it much more difficult to build favorability.

If you know what you're doing, Mood makes everything else a lot easier.
First, let's talk about the Mood and Composure meter that sits under their name. You might have noticed that interactions will sometimes add a heart to Mood and remove a star from Composure. The Mood stat represents how much they're enjoying your company and the Composure stat represents their momentary inhibition. Generally, all positive interactions will raise Mood a little bit to a maximum of five hearts. Physical interactions, such as skinship, will lower the number of silver stars until the very last star is replaced by a single gold star when completely emptied. Characters with low Composure are more uninhibited. The lower their inhibition, the more likely you'll be able to get away with something like Embrace and Headpat despite low favorability. Depending on their sexual frustration and how much they like you, they may end up pushing you down for sex. Keep in mind that characters that have consented to sex aren't necessarily open to vaginal penetration, even if they're putting it in themselves. Raise your intimacy and/or desire before attempting.
Some tips:
  • Mood and Composure will slowly return to their initial values if a character goes too long without interaction.
  • You can perform a kiss on the forehead by selecting Kiss right after a Headpat. Fair warning though, they'll be pissed off if they're barely tolerating Embrace.
  • Similarly, you can initiate a Kiss after Lap Pillow, but it will be a full-on kiss. Don't do this unless they're okay with kissing.
  • Pay attention to the Anger stat. If embracing a character sets it to !!! or higher, don't embrace a second time until it's empty or almost empty. That goes for all interactions.
  • Characters with high Mood and/or low Composure can enable the Follow command. Try to lead them into a secluded, indoor location before attempting physical contact at low favorability. Their anger raises slower when it's just the two of you.
Next, let's talk about their other mood. You might have noticed at some point characters being happier or angrier than usual. Their mood, in this sense, will be reflected in their portrait as well as a status next to their name. Characters in a bad mood give less favorability and get annoyed more easily by physical contact, including skinship. Oppositely, characters in a good mood give higher favorability and are more tolerant of physical contact. You can raise a character's mood by completing their favors, cooking their favorite foods (which you'll only know if your intimacy is high enough), and giving them sake. Moods will last as long as you don't do anything to change it. Pushing your luck can remove the Happy state.

Be careful of what sake you give and how much you give. Characters have a preferred strength based on their alcohol tolerance. A character will refuse alcohol if they feel like they had too many. Characters will also refuse alcohol faster if the strength of the sake is not to their liking. The next part is very important, so pay attention. As a character becomes more intoxicated, they also become less inhibited. However, interactions they don't like will sober them up very quickly. If a character pushes you down when they're drunk and sobers up to Tipsy mid way, the character will (justifiably, in my opinion) treat it as rape. Sexual XP earned that way will also count as Unconscious XP. Conversations will also automatically fail if a character is too drunk. Moderation is key.

P.S. I don't really recommend the Music route. It's really hard to train because it saps a shit ton of energy and stamina just to play an instrument once. If you're dead set on doing it anyways, I recommend also practicing cooking and eating your meals to regain some energy. Also keep in mind that you can bathe once a day for a good bit of energy and stamina. Also, I'd recommend befriending Kosuzu. She'll rent out spares of books being loaned. She also has this weird book that doubles sex XP for you and the people you're having sex with, but I'm not sure how/when you get it since it's a relatively recent addition.
Well this was certainly a detailed answer, lol. You a dev or just a really big fan?

Also, follow up question is there anything I should worry about with Hostility?

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
it tell me that poison body that is, it does not tell me who i need to learn it from
It's probably Medicine. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Well this was certainly a detailed answer, lol. You a dev or just a really big fan?

Also, follow up question is there anything I should worry about with Hostility?
The latter. I had a hard time finding any tips and guides, so I had to find out a lot of stuff through trial and error. Hope this helps. If you ever want an in-depth explanation of the pregnancy mechanic of the game, you can find my guide a few pages back.
To answer your second question, yes you should. I can't remember the specific thresholds but raising it too high will generate a Hate star, which will immediately send the character into the Sullen mood and penalize further interactions with them. If you do get a Hate star, it'll persist until you resolve it. Characters with Hate stars noticeably resist interactions and gain Anger from even just talking. I wouldn't worry about Old Hate though. It hasn't noticeably affected anything. I think Intimacy plays a bigger role in how okay a character is with certain levels of physical contact.

P.S. Bandages are good for covering up hickeys. Characters aside from the one that gave the mark will gain a small amount of Anger (and probably Hostility) if you interact with them while it's visible, even if they have no romantic interest in you (yet).

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
It's probably Medicine. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

The latter. I had a hard time finding any tips and guides, so I had to find out a lot of stuff through trial and error. Hope this helps. If you ever want an in-depth explanation of the pregnancy mechanic of the game, you can find my guide a few pages back.
To answer your second question, yes you should. I can't remember the specific thresholds but raising it too high will generate a Hate star, which will immediately send the character into the Sullen mood and penalize further interactions with them. If you do get a Hate star, it'll persist until you resolve it. Characters with Hate stars noticeably resist interactions and gain Anger from even just talking. I wouldn't worry about Old Hate though. It hasn't noticeably affected anything. I think Intimacy plays a bigger role in how okay a character is with certain levels of physical contact.

P.S. Bandages are good for covering up hickeys. Characters aside from the one that gave the mark will gain a small amount of Anger (and probably Hostility) if you interact with them while it's visible, even if they have no romantic interest in you (yet).
okay, interesting. One more follow up question, I pissed off one girl by trying to get intimate and now every time I go to try and have a conversation with her it just says she "doesn't want to talk to you right now". Did I kinda screw myself here? I apologized and she, eventually, forgave me, but still didn't wanna talk.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
okay, interesting. One more follow up question, I pissed off one girl by trying to get intimate and now every time I go to try and have a conversation with her it just says she "doesn't want to talk to you right now". Did I kinda screw myself here? I apologized and she, eventually, forgave me, but still didn't wanna talk.
I'm going to need more context. Is her Hate Marks all cleared? Pulling Close/Pushing Down at low Affection/Intimacy levels will likely set her Hate mark to its maximum (3 stars). Apologizing at this point won't erase the star. 3-stars if I remember right require a prayer (and 10 panties from the target) to knock down to 2, and 2-stars need you to apologize with a box of chocolates (which you can buy from the shop before you wake up) to fully erase. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll need screenshots of her stats screen and maybe her interaction menu to look at.

Last edited:

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I'm going to need more context. Is her Hate Marks all cleared? Pulling Close/Pushing Down at low Affection/Intimacy levels will likely set her Hate mark to its maximum (3 stars). Apologizing at this point won't erase the star. 3-stars if I remember right require a prayer (and 10 panties from the target) to knock down to 2, and 2-stars need you to apologize with a box of chocolates (which you can buy from the shop before you wake up) to fully erase. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll need screenshots of her stats screen and maybe her interaction menu to look at.
Yeah I pulled close and she got full hate marks. After about a day they went away and after apologizing she eventually forgave me. Maybe I need the chocolates or something, thanks

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah I pulled close and she got full hate marks. After about a day they went away and after apologizing she eventually forgave me. Maybe I need the chocolates or something, thanks
Wait, the Hate marks went away on its own? That's strange. You're positive you're not mistaking Anger (!!!!!) for Hate marks ( ★ ★ ★) ?

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
If a character pushes you down when they're drunk and sobers up to Tipsy mid way, the character will (justifiably, in my opinion) treat it as rape.
lolno.
TW's 'quirk' of the girls pushing the player down, whether through drunkness or superhorny, and then self-inserting but then hating the player because they regret it is fucking dumb.

Regret != Rape
Should a man cry rape when he wakes up next to a snoring ogress, or sneak away in shame before the snoring hambeast wakes up?

Wait, the Hate marks went away on its own? That's strange. You're positive you're not mistaking Anger (!!!!!) for Hate marks ( ★ ★ ★) ?
Sometimes the girls will forgive the player and a hatemark will disappear, they can still take a while longer to stop being Angry though
If Emperor_Arcturus goes into that character's abilities screen you'll see if she has old hate marks.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
lolno.
TW's 'quirk' of the girls pushing the player down, whether through drunkness or superhorny, and then self-inserting but then hating the player because they regret it is fucking dumb.

Regret != Rape
Should a man cry rape when he wakes up next to a snoring ogress, or sneak away in shame before the snoring hambeast wakes up?
I agree that regret doesn't equal rape. But intentionally getting/going after a girl too drunk to say no? That's date rape, dude. I don't care if the predator is a chick going after a dude. Rape is rape. I don't play the double standards game. You can't tell me alcohol doesn't significantly impair judgement.

11037AAA

Oct 20, 2018
Since we're talking about eratohoTW, I was wondering about something

Is there any optimal strategy to turn a girl into a Sex Friend ? From my experience they always seem to get Yearning before reaching the required threshold. Should I interract less with them and molest them more until they turn very sensitive and see their desire much higher than intimacy ?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Since we're talking about eratohoTW, I was wondering about something

Is there any optimal strategy to turn a girl into a Sex Friend ? From my experience they always seem to get Yearning before reaching the required threshold. Should I interract less with them and molest them more until they turn very sensitive and see their desire much higher than intimacy ?
Don't worry about Yearning. If you just want them to be Sex Friends for the achievement, you just need to satisfy the minimum requirements. You can still get them to Mistress if you so choose as long as you do it before Yearning progresses to Love. The easiest way to do it is have lots of sex. Kiss and embrace often to raise Sexual Frustration and avoid talking and helping them as much as possible. Use clit and nipple vibrators during sex to passively raise respective sensitivities and induce stronger orgasms. Fondle Breasts and Kiss and Continue to Kiss once (and only once) on the subsequent turn. The more sensitive the body part, the easier/stronger they orgasm, and the faster Desire raises. The higher the Desire, the less you have to do to get them to agree to sex. Semen addiction also increases strength of orgasm. Initially, you might need to take your target to a secluded location before engaging in physical contact (lowers Anger gain) and interact with other characters between cooldowns. You'll also want to bring down their Composure as much as possible to get the initial consent, which you can easily do just by touching them a lot (and again, by mindful of their Anger).
Some characters are harder to turn into Mistresses than having them fall in love with you. If you don't mind "cheating" a bit, aphrodisiacs, Stone of Miranda (expensive as hell), and Time Rape (to raise sensitivity) can help a lot. I haven't tried it out myself, but an in-game tip says "When Rape, Pleasure, and Lewd are on the same level, they have a special effect. Even hard-to-get characters will melt."

P.S. If you really are just going for the achievement, immediately move on after you hit Sex Friend. If they fall in love, they'll lose the Sex Friend status and therefore won't count towards the achievement. Once you get the achievement, nothing will remove it as long as it's active. If you don't want them to become mistresses you'll have to be extra careful. Once Desire is high, it'll basically snowball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seamonkey

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Basically when I tried to close in, the Anger: thing where, next to it, would be her anger/hate marks, was replaced by just a red "Mad", dunno if that helps

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
But intentionally getting/going after a girl too drunk to say no? That's date rape, dude.
Except we're not talking about a scenario where a girl was passed out drunk are we?
We're talking about a scenario where the girl was the initiator.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Except we're not talking about a scenario where a girl was passed out drunk are we?
We're talking about a scenario where the girl was the initiator.
If someone got me really drunk and I became sober half-way through sex I initiated that I wouldn't normally have consented to I'd still consider them to have raped me. Also pretty sure Ran has dialogue in TW that implies that sexual tension can actually affect Youkai's mental state on some level so getting them to a degree of being so horny and drunk that they initiate it could also come across as rape from their perspective if I'm not remembering that wrong.

Reactions: Ferghus

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Don't worry about Yearning. If you just want them to be Sex Friends for the achievement, you just need to satisfy the minimum requirements. You can still get them to Mistress if you so choose as long as you do it before Yearning progresses to Love. The easiest way to do it is have lots of sex. Kiss and embrace often to raise Sexual Frustration and avoid talking and helping them as much as possible. Use clit and nipple vibrators during sex to passively raise respective sensitivities and induce stronger orgasms. Fondle Breasts and Kiss and Continue to Kiss once (and only once) on the subsequent turn. The more sensitive the body part, the easier/stronger they orgasm, and the faster Desire raises. The higher the Desire, the less you have to do to get them to agree to sex. Semen addiction also increases strength of orgasm. Initially, you might need to take your target to a secluded location before engaging in physical contact (lowers Anger gain) and interact with other characters between cooldowns. You'll also want to bring down their Composure as much as possible to get the initial consent, which you can easily do just by touching them a lot (and again, by mindful of their Anger).
Some characters are harder to turn into Mistresses than having them fall in love with you. If you don't mind "cheating" a bit, aphrodisiacs, Stone of Miranda (expensive as hell), and Time Rape (to raise sensitivity) can help a lot. I haven't tried it out myself, but an in-game tip says "When Rape, Pleasure, and Lewd are on the same level, they have a special effect. Even hard-to-get characters will melt."

P.S. If you really are just going for the achievement, immediately move on after you hit Sex Friend. If they fall in love, they'll lose the Sex Friend status and therefore won't count towards the achievement. Once you get the achievement, nothing will remove it as long as it's active. If you don't want them to become mistresses you'll have to be extra careful. Once Desire is high, it'll basically snowball.
Quick follow up question: Why can't I confess to the girl? I didn't choose play hard to get or that I couldn't confess at the start. My character's shy, could that be it?

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes