teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
Don't get too hung up on not using the cheat menu, occassionaly game does break. It's cobbled together code that vaguely weighs number values, so you can just hit a certain weird score and get max hate marks out of no where off a multiplier, etc.

Cheat engine also works in general for things not in the cheat menu, or in other era games without on. In TW you can get rid of a whole lot of tedious grinding by doing a little tedious grinding to find a few materials to get the values then give yourself 99 of them for crafting stuff. Otherwise it takes actual in game months.

Perine

Nov 28, 2021
Man, having a dick makes this game a lot better wtf, i was so focused on winning the war that never got the chance to use the futa potion until now and holy moly, lots of extra content, options and overall a more pleasurable experience, also, giving bandit chief a genderbend potion gives some funny results.
ps: how tf this game doesnt have "ass grab" as an option, like how???letme squish some 2hous cakes :BootyTime:

Perine

Nov 28, 2021
Seems like creating the expressions for characters is a pain in the ass but with some free time i may be able to make some of my own, rn im asking for opinions, is this good enough? doing the expression Happy and angry from the sheet as reference, if is good i will just kept doing the same tech for the other faces, also, wanting to make a callout for anyone wanting to make their ones and may be willing to share them (and to use a keyword like #customportraits so is easier to search for them).
Edit: Well, after finishing the image set i was struck by reallity, i have no fucking clue of how to make the game read them, like isnt as easy as with custom images, i feel like the biggest moron ever :HideThePain:
Editedit: So far seems like the only way to get them in is to replace one of the existing 162, huge boomer since all u do in the custom menu is useless since it will use the setup from the replaced char Which wouldnt be a problem if all the stuff wasnt in jpn making it hard to modify.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018
Thanks, I've legit never even gone in that menu. I feel dirty, but it's worth it for the name changes, lol. Weird that can't be done normally. Everything in there is majorly gamebreaky, and then you just have that one harmless thing in there, the ability to change names, like it's secretly a grave sin.
yeah i get what youre saying. I only modify the special factions characters because they have no traits and shit and it makes little sense. I wish there was a way to save those characters and use them by default next time the faction spawns but ive looked through the ng+ and i didnt find anything like that.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
In other game news, while I recommend TW particularly if you want something waaay more character driven, the Azur Lane era (eraAL) is the same as K with... a functional translation that still has some events and stuff here and there, but somehow marrying Azur Lane mechanics for the fights and equipment and shit. BOATS. Also; images and a BGM, for some reason.

Not worth touching if you're not ready to have a deepl hook translator going to the side, though. K and Sumire are the only games basically fully translated in that regard. (TW has some characters that aren't.)

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Only problem I have with K is there's like no mid game. You struggle for like 20-40 turns depending on difficulty, and then can just steam roll everybody without even trying. I usually don't make it much further past that point because it's just a time sink rather than a challenge to finish everybody off. Wish the other factions were more likely to gang up on you at that point or something. Enemies don't seem to scale up very well with you basically. Even raising the difficulty seems to mostly just make early game harder and extend it a bit. The highest difficulty seems to add some auto losing on chance in fights bullshit too I think, unless that was a bug or something. Losing completely on rng is lame as fuck, so I usually stick to Lunacy.

There's some stuff I just straight up avoid because it makes the game too easy like Nightcrawling and alliance annexation and stuff too, but I guess they're easy enough to not use. Doubt K is going to ever get balance fixes, so I wonder if I can mod shit to be more challenging later on. I think the cheats could work but I'd rather it be natural.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Only problem I have with K is there's like no mid game. You struggle for like 20-40 turns depending on difficulty, and then can just steam roll everybody without even trying. I usually don't make it much further past that point because it's just a time sink rather than a challenge to finish everybody off. Wish the other factions were more likely to gang up on you at that point or something. Enemies don't seem to scale up very well with you basically. Even raising the difficulty seems to mostly just make early game harder and extend it a bit. The highest difficulty seems to add some auto losing on chance in fights bullshit too I think, unless that was a bug or something. Losing completely on rng is lame as fuck, so I usually stick to Lunacy.

There's some stuff I just straight up avoid because it makes the game too easy like Nightcrawling and alliance annexation and stuff too, but I guess they're easy enough to not use.
i mean technically since you can establish your faction (1 city means 1 to 1 conversion rates as long as you wont get event soldiers or economy boosts), earn around 60-70k by the time war starts and convert it into soldiers 1 to 1 - you can steamroll since the first battle turn. ability to buy soldiers past recruitment limit is mind boggling tbf.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
i mean technically since you can establish your faction (1 city means 1 to 1 conversion rates as long as you wont get event soldiers or economy boosts), earn around 60-70k by the time war starts and convert it into soldiers 1 to 1 - you can steamroll since the first battle turn. ability to buy soldiers past recruitment limit is mind boggling tbf.
Yeah, add it to the list of things I intentionally avoid to leave some challenge left.

I mean, damn, I love the freedom to be as OP as you want in a game, but they could really throw us peeps that want a challenge a bone.

Last edited:

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I don't think that'll really work out so well if you have multiple enemies bordering you and not that many officers considering the game is programed to just give the ai soldiers to scale with the number you have(For example start a new game and immediately cheat the number of soldiers you have really high to something like 600k and then watch as the ai randomly will get huge armies to match). The reason the late game enemies tend to struggle against you, at least in my opinion is mostly down to the fact that they don't have enough officers. So since the ai might only have 5-6 officers they'll struggle to make multiple armies as they try to avoid leaderless armies and so they'll just pump a bunch of their remaining soldiers into defense. And since the ai isn't really too keen on removing them from defense they'll end up being forced into forming a bunch of tiny armies with the handful of new soldiers they get.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I don't think that'll really work out so well if you have multiple enemies bordering you and not that many officers considering the game is programed to just give the ai soldiers to scale with the number you have(For example start a new game and immediately cheat the number of soldiers you have really high to something like 600k and then watch as the ai randomly will get huge armies to match). The reason the late game enemies tend to struggle against you, at least in my opinion is mostly down to the fact that they don't have enough officers. So since the ai might only have 5-6 officers they'll struggle to make multiple armies as they try to avoid leaderless armies and so they'll just pump a bunch of their remaining soldiers into defense. And since the ai isn't really too keen on removing them from defense they'll end up being forced into forming a bunch of tiny armies with the handful of new soldiers they get.
Oh I didn't know that's how the enemy scaling and AI worked. Yeah, sounds like the ai needs some improvements and it would be trickier to fix than just giving them more soldiers. Maybe give them some rng generated rando Officers or something as the game goes on if that's the way it works. Could be some event like the other faction leaders recogonize you as a threat and become willing to hire randos as Officers. Sounds like a good way to cheat in more challenge anyways, thanks for the idea. Maybe I'll try that next game and see if it helps.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Oh I didn't know that's how the enemy scaling and AI worked. Yeah, sounds like the ai needs some improvements and it would be trickier to fix than just giving them more soldiers. Maybe give them some rng generated rando Officers or something as the game goes on if that's the way it works. Could be some event like the other faction leaders recogonize you as a threat and become willing to hire randos as Officers. Sounds like a good way to cheat in more challenge anyways, thanks for the idea. Maybe I'll try that next game and see if it helps.
You can actually see a really good example of that quirk the ai has with defensive armies in the Azur Lane era game. The Japanese and Chinese factions both start with only a handful of cities with a good number of them bordering each other and default troop counts way over their natural draft limit. So what ends up happening is that in the first few turns since the ai can't form armies yet they'll put a huge number of those soldiers on defense. And so take a look this save I had where I was mostly leaving stuff to the ai and have an alliance with China, Russia and America, even on turn 21 my faction has kept around 40k soldiers defending Japan despite it being impossible for it to be attacked by anyone instead of removing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: FruitSmoothie

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018

AI does not scale with bought soldiers. and for officers - first you can pick 4 good ones if you establish from the start. but even if you don't it's easy to buy some. or just hold the fort with 1 city and wait for invaders. then just break their officers and go smash faces. i had experience with sitting in 1 city with 70k troops, for RP reason of basically being an ogre/oni in his cave who does not go out and just captures anyone who comes in. no one had more than 20k troops tens of turns in even if i had 70k from the start.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
AI does not scale with bought soldiers. and for officers - first you can pick 4 good ones if you establish from the start. but even if you don't it's easy to buy some. or just hold the fort with 1 city and wait for invaders. then just break their officers and go smash faces. i had experience with sitting in 1 city with 70k troops, for RP reason of basically being an ogre/oni in his cave who does not go out and just captures anyone who comes in. no one had more than 20k troops tens of turns in even if i had 70k from the start.
I kinda thought it might not work that way but I also vaguely remember something making me avoid paying for large numbers of soldiers all at once that made me think that it might and I mean it absolutely does scale that way if you just outright cheat the soldiers rather than buying them. I wonder if I cheated some soldiers in a save for some reason and just forgot so I associated it with recruiting. The only other thing I could think of it being is that if one of your officers rebels against your faction their default troop count is raised in relation to yours or something like that? I don't really pay attention to their troop sizes when rebellions happen as you can usually just immediately force them into surrendering so I actually don't know how that stuff is really calculated for them.

LEET

May 29, 2017
How does one edit pre made characters? I want to make the girls futa or give the gives giant penises.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
How does one edit pre made characters? I want to make the girls futa or give the gives giant penises.
Futa potions from the Lewd Catalog, it unlocks a bunch of shit to alter your characters. Cosmetic Surgery can alter penis size, just tested it. The character does need a penis first though.

There's also the cheat menu if you want that can do all those things as well.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018
I know this is offtopic but fuck it, does anyone here play TW? ANd if you do do i have to enable the mob characters somehow? I played through like a year almost and didnt meet a single one aside from hunt for girls

LEET

May 29, 2017
Futa potions from the Lewd Catalog, it unlocks a bunch of shit to alter your characters. Cosmetic Surgery can alter penis size, just tested it. The character does need a penis first though.

There's also the cheat menu if you want that can do all those things as well.
How would I access the cheat menu? I just see the debug.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes