VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

perles75

May 16, 2020
well, if he was going to be a straight man in love to the end, then maybe he shouldn't even be a LI. (In theory it's a gay love game by the way...) I don't think we're saying he should stop loving his wife either, just that maybe he could show a little affection, but I think it's pointless to keep arguing over something that isn't going to change, it is what it is. If there is someone capable of enjoying his route let him enjoy it. The game is good regardless of how grouchy he is.

The thing is, if someone reads the forum looking for information about the route, they should know that this man's route should be the last if they are looking for a love story.

It should not be forgotten that there are still 3 chapters to go, so perhaps the trend may change in the future, but it is still an opinion of the project and the current feeling.
It's not a straight love -at least in the our modern sense. The apprenticeship system of the world of the game is a complex one and it does not always go well, but it can become a very affective one and I think the Jostein route is all about that. You are part of a relationship that involves another person and starts as exclusive (or at least as exclusive it can be in the Ergi world) among the other two. You are the third person and you work on making Jostein develop affection for you, with the idea that you get it at the end in some form. If ch5 and 6 feel like he's distant, maybe it is the hurdle you have to overcome at that point in the story.

rayearth8072

Apr 4, 2022
well, if he was going to be a straight man in love to the end, then maybe he shouldn't even be a LI. (In theory it's a gay love game by the way...) I don't think we're saying he should stop loving his wife either, just that maybe he could show a little affection, but I think it's pointless to keep arguing over something that isn't going to change, it is what it is. If there is someone capable of enjoying his route let him enjoy it. The game is good regardless of how grouchy he is.

The thing is, if someone reads the forum looking for information about the route, they should know that this man's route should be the last if they are looking for a love story.

It should not be forgotten that there are still 3 chapters to go, so perhaps the trend may change in the future, but it is still an opinion of the project and the current feeling.
Filippa is still alive in ch6 tho, I think keeping her alive or not will affect Jostein's ending in future chapters (default/alternative ending)

Leighton81

Oct 15, 2023
I downloaded and extracted the latest version but I don't hear any sound or music, everything is at maximum in the settings. it's normal?

Argent Knight

Jun 23, 2021
well, if he was going to be a straight man in love to the end, then maybe he shouldn't even be a LI. (In theory it's a gay love game by the way...)
Not quite. It was pitched that way, yeah, but when they started getting feedback about feminizing Britt, the dev made a Patreon post about balancing the 'desires of the audience with the artistic integrity of the writers' and how at least some of the endings are going to be about Britt going transgender. (This was back right before Chapter 2, as I recall.)

Which is why I've held off playing more of it until we see if they ever take him out of a fucking skirt. Because I'm not sissification/feminization fan, because you know, I'm gay. I like dudes, and I neither want to be or want to be with a girl, so those plot lines don't interest me all that much.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Not quite. It was pitched that way, yeah, but when they started getting feedback about feminizing Britt, the dev made a Patreon post about balancing the 'desires of the audience with the artistic integrity of the writers' and how at least some of the endings are going to be about Britt going transgender. (This was back right before Chapter 2, as I recall.)

Which is why I've held off playing more of it until we see if they ever take him out of a fucking skirt. Because I'm not sissification/feminization fan, because you know, I'm gay. I like dudes, and I neither want to be or want to be with a girl, so those plot lines don't interest me all that much.
Neither I am fan of sissification/feminization, but I think the whole Huldra dress with "skirt" has more a symbolic and status function and doesn't have too much impact on feminization. It only arouse interest of some other guys in Britt :)

Reactions: Argent Knight

poplo440

Dec 8, 2018

Wait what? I mean, ok maybe this game is not for me, im not at all into this, i mean, i dont care about britt wearing huldra clothes or being femenine, but turning into a trans character is a whole different thing. This really bothers me. So it's not a gay game, let's say there are 2/3 gay routes, but in the others you're basically going to behave like a woman, and besides, you can even change your gender identity. I was going to support this project on Patreon but after knowing this it's clear that it's not something I like. Well, it makes me sad that the gay romance genre is still so bad and that we have to settle for Asian VNs to see a romance in a video game between two well-done men. A game that seemed to have a good future despite the excessive grind, it turns out that it is being adapted so that the relationships are not between two men, but between a man and a gender identity that is closer to the idea we have of a woman. I posted a review on itch.io where I bought the chapters, saying that the game didn't seem so much gay to me as homoerotic because of how the relationships between the guys are carried out, now taking into account this context I understand why. I hope that when the full game comes out it won't sell it as a gay game, but as a game with high homoerotic content and with many routes with different men.
In the end this will result in another feminization game, like hundreds of games that already exist. But well it's what the people who paid for and supported the project wanted, so I hope they enjoy it, the only thing that bothers me is that it's still being sold as a gay themed game.
You can be a twink, or a girly boy and that's fine, obviously I already knew that Britt wasn't very masculine either aesthetically or in attitude and it doesn't bother me, since even I'm not masculine, but already talking about gender change, is something I don't identify with at all and it's not what I'm looking for in a gay love game.

Reactions: Magiriano

Argent Knight

Jun 23, 2021
You can be a twink, or a girly boy and that's fine, obviously I already knew that Britt wasn't very masculine either aesthetically or in attitude and it doesn't bother me, since even I'm not masculine, but already talking about gender change, is something I don't identify with at all and it's not what I'm looking for in a gay love game.
So I went back through the Patreon posts to make sure I had my facts straight and I was wrong. The default goals are not explicitly 'transgender', but at least two of the seven love interests have paths where Brit will end up as a 'boy-wife' or 'two-spirit wife'. No actual physical transition mentioned, but he will present as a woman.

It seems like they plan on more than one ending for at least some of the love interests. I am still a backer because I'm hoping for some of them about Brit being happy with a dude (or more than one) as a dude.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
It seems like they plan on more than one ending for at least some of the love interests. I am still a backer because I'm hoping for some of them about Brit being happy with a dude (or more than one) as a dude.
Yes, so far it is happening. Or at least, in my routes :)

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
Neither I am fan of sissification/feminization, but I think the whole Huldra dress with "skirt" has more a symbolic and status function and doesn't have too much impact on feminization. It only arouse interest of some other guys in Britt :)
Agree with this one. The regalia looks more "angelic" to me than "feminine" – which is perfectly fitting since he does both masculine and feminine roles in their society.

vichaboat

Mar 1, 2024
Vanir guide isn't out yet. Would probably be released in 2-3 weeks. No one has posted an updated C6 persistent save yet for the gallery, but if you really wanna check it out now, you can datamine. Just get the C6_images.rpa file from to "game" folder and upload it to . If you really need the guide, you can also check out the game's script by uploading sys.rpa instead. It just needs a couple of brain juice to figure out.
That is very clever ,Thanks so much but It is there anyway that I can have the text ? sorry to ask so much but I am not good at playing game and now I am struggling with final fight in CH 5 . I think I am gonna give up but still want to know the story

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
That is very clever ,Thanks so much but It is there anyway that I can have the text ? sorry to ask so much but I am not good at playing game and now I am struggling with final fight in CH 5 . I think I am gonna give up but still want to know the story
C5 Vanir guide is at post #1030

ncudr

Aug 10, 2022
Wait what? I mean, ok maybe this game is not for me, im not at all into this, i mean, i dont care about britt wearing huldra clothes or being femenine, but turning into a trans character is a whole different thing. This really bothers me. So it's not a gay game, let's say there are 2/3 gay routes, but in the others you're basically going to behave like a woman, and besides, you can even change your gender identity. I was going to support this project on Patreon but after knowing this it's clear that it's not something I like. Well, it makes me sad that the gay romance genre is still so bad and that we have to settle for Asian VNs to see a romance in a video game between two well-done men. A game that seemed to have a good future despite the excessive grind, it turns out that it is being adapted so that the relationships are not between two men, but between a man and a gender identity that is closer to the idea we have of a woman. I posted a review on itch.io where I bought the chapters, saying that the game didn't seem so much gay to me as homoerotic because of how the relationships between the guys are carried out, now taking into account this context I understand why. I hope that when the full game comes out it won't sell it as a gay game, but as a game with high homoerotic content and with many routes with different men.
In the end this will result in another feminization game, like hundreds of games that already exist. But well it's what the people who paid for and supported the project wanted, so I hope they enjoy it, the only thing that bothers me is that it's still being sold as a gay themed game.
i am not really sure how you jumped into the conclusion that britt is going to end up as a girl or as a third wheel in a relationship. you made assumptions and now are angry because you dont like them.

Reactions: perles75 and B1smth

ncudr

Aug 10, 2022
So I went back through the Patreon posts to make sure I had my facts straight and I was wrong. The default goals are not explicitly 'transgender', but at least two of the seven love interests have paths where Brit will end up as a 'boy-wife' or 'two-spirit wife'. No actual physical transition mentioned, but he will present as a woman.

from what was written in the patreon posts, each LI is going to have 3 possible endings- new world, old world and variant. each guy has a default ones if it is not changed in your gameplay. britt never saw himself as a girl in any of the chapters, so saying that he is going to end up as a woman in the relationship is harsh.

Reactions: ramxas and B1smth
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes