4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I've read a few of the devs here pushing themselves a little too hard. Please take caare of yourself first. (That way, our selfish persons won't become heartbroken over an [Abandoned] tag and, in our melancholy, wondering what could have been.)

• Red Heart
Reactions: IM6

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, funnily enough the one game I was following that I saw was putting out regular, monthly updates turned into a real disappointment. What little content that came in a monthly update was of so poor quality it really didn't matter, and you ended up waiting six odd months for a decent amount of playable content that I didn't end up enjoying anyway.

So ultimately, like afterlights said, I'm finding it far more productive to be patient, let devs do their thing and put out content when they're happy with it. This monthly update thing just appears to be causing more stress than it's worth

• Red Heart
Reactions: IM6 and afterlights

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've seen very few games with regular monthly updates turn out to be worth it.

You get through the content in a matter of minutes and they tend to only have 1 or 2 scenes and an infodump of story because they didn't have enough time to play it out properly.

I tend to wait a few months before bothering with those.

If a dev needs to take some time i'd rather they just tell their player base they need to take a bit of time, like here, and work on it at a pace that suits them and release content that's worthwhile.

On top of that i'd rather devs take a pace of their suiting and not burn themselves out. Sick of decent games getting abandoned because devs have overworked themselves.

If you need time to sort out health issues then those are far more important than the game. It will still be waiting for you when you're healthy and so will we.

I'd rather you took the time to recover and came back fresh than try and power through it just to get something out. Your health is always going to be more important. You only get one shot at life, you get as many chances as you need at making a game.

You've got an amazing game here with content that's quite rare. I can count on one hand the amount of decent lesbian centric games available and i'd love to see this finished but that will only happen if you fix yourself first.

You do that, we'll still be here when you get back.

sergiodark666

Apr 12, 2020
Good (slightly inconvenient?) news everyone!

I've mentioned before that I've had to cut down on dev time because I've been in poor health (nothing life threatening, but very time and effort limiting). After finishing v0.4.1 (an effort which maxed me out and exacerbated things, admittedly), I've gotten some work done sporadically, but have been very limited in my efforts on Day 3 for the most part. I have been pushing, but it's been slow and, honestly, physically difficult.

However, I am having a medical procedure in the coming weeks that should help me recover and finally get back to normal. It will take some time to recover, so my already paltry efforts may dwindle even further for a few weeks (I figure a month or two, max). While this means my hopes for the next update to be released before Christmas are probably out, we'll see how quickly I can get back on my feet and start cranking out content. I will post updates as soon as there's something new to post.

I'm sure some are disappointed that updates are relatively slow on this game, but it is my hope and belief that once I get my health under control, the pace will accelerate.
strength and faith! and that you have a full recovery. all the best!

• Red Heart

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
BONUS 2020 Christmas1 - Erisa and Chrissy_1080_nodenoise.png

Feeling a little festive! I may try out a few more of these while the month lasts. Chime in if you have any suggestions ;)

I am also slowly starting to pick at least a few things back up and have written about 40% of the breakfast scenes and staged probably about 25% of the related renders. After breakfast, Grace's volleyball practice route will open up, as will a larger pool event, and a final event which you can access depending on your choices at the beginning of day 3 (or if you picked another of the many midday routes in day 2).

I'm doing my best to not stuff the day full of choices and drive myself (and probably any number of you) crazy, but the big work will end up being the dates at night, which will also end up very repeatable (and therefore usable in day 4+), since you'll only ever have dinner with any given girl once.

Thanks again for all of the support I received on my earlier post, too. I really do appreciate it. I realize health is an oft-heard excuse, but things are getting better and even though I'm working slowly, I promise we'll get to the finish line eventually!

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
BONUS 2020 Christmas2 - Liz Pinup_1080_nodenoise.png

We haven't seen too much of Liz yet in the game, so I thought it might be a treat to give her a little spotlight. And it seems she's unwrapped a few presents early...

Speaking of presents - working with these motivated me to open my wallet and improve on my rendering setup. I don't see these as terribly complex scenes, but my cards (2x 1080 Ti, for the gear nerds) were still taking 2 hours to get to even a decent level of grain. With the scene of Erisa/Chrissy above, I wasn't even really happy with the result after 2 hours. ...And I've been lusting after a new card anyway. Nothing like a shiny toy to motivate production, right?

My new card won't be here until the end of the month, but it should be more than twice as efficient based on the benchmarking I've seen. In the meantime, I have one more of these already rendered and may stage a few more!

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
How's progress on the next version?
Progress continues, as always! My day job and recovery have kept me a little slow the past few days, but I've been scripting or staging just about every day. That said, there won't be any new release until 2021 - and I can't say how soon into the new year, but I will strive to get things out as soon as I can.

I may be able to get a good amount done depending on how much availability I get during holiday time off from my day job, but I also have a lot yet to do and am still medically recovering/starting up my development engine again. I will continue to update, but I think early 2021 is my soft target. That next release should comprise all of Day 3.

sergiodark666

Apr 12, 2020
Progress continues, as always! My day job and recovery have kept me a little slow the past few days, but I've been scripting or staging just about every day. That said, there won't be any new release until 2021 - and I can't say how soon into the new year, but I will strive to get things out as soon as I can.

I may be able to get a good amount done depending on how much availability I get during holiday time off from my day job, but I also have a lot yet to do and am still medically recovering/starting up my development engine again. I will continue to update, but I think early 2021 is my soft target. That next release should comprise all of Day 3.
good recovery for you. I look forward to the update :)

• Red Heart

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
If you leave wardroom when roommate tries to get you into threesome, does that negatively impact relationship with the two of them?

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes