Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I doubt very much that it would seem weak to Ashe. It has already been stressed to us more than once in the story that Ashe is very worried about people finding out. That makes it strong leverage for her.

I don't think it means anything about the social stigma of being a duplo. I think it means that Rachel knows that Fiona is trustworthy and that she's a loyal friend to Ashe. And she also believes that Ashe has feelings for Fiona, and she knows that nothing can ever come of those feelings until Ashe levels with her friend.

There's no way in hell that she would tell everyone when she has gone to great lengths to keep it hidden, and when she hasn't even worked up the courage to tell her best friend. She just isn't going to do that.

But if you're wrong about it being a weak threat, which I maintain you are, then you're also wrong about it only supporting weak demands. If it's a strong threat, as I believe it to be for Ashe, then it will support strong demands.

That is, if Ashe chooses to submit.

Well, we don't even know yet that it will be a matter of blackmail. It could just be harassment.

And we also don't know that the big choice which the developer promised for the next update will have anything to do with the anonymous texts. However, I do think that's a good bet, and I'm hopeful that this will create a branching path. But we won't know for a while.
I agree that to Ashe with her current state of mind and her history for her it could be somewhat strong. But if she tels Evelyn or Rachel instead of keeping it to herself the relative strength of the black mail could dwindle rapidly. And once she start telling people like Fiona to start, telling the rest becomes easier. But an interesting question is how much of that does the black mailer know. If they know how unstable Ashe currently is, that means they are close to her, and then yes they know how strong their threat is. If not, then the whole bagage of social stigma caried by being a known duplo becomes important. So if the black mailer is not so close and the social aspect of the revelation is weak ( week? not my first language) then the threats are not strong. There is quite a few points where the strength of the threats can weaken. I agree that Ashe's first reaction might be panic sprinkled by a lot of irrationality.

There are still a lot of unknown in the story to evaluate just how strong exactly is the black mail material. There is a path where it is weak and it only serve as a spark to jumpstart the rest of the story. There is an other where it shackles Ashe's mind with a sword hanging over her head.

My point of saying that a weak threat can only support menial demands is simply to state that the demands must be proportional to the threat and that it could be easy for young adults to miss evaluate that. And also like I just stated that can vary rapidly over a short period of time.

My point of not making the black mail too big and not making it too major of a branching path is simply because it could affect the development of the game in a serous way making it way longer than it needs to be. DDoS to take it as an example from Alley_Cat is a game that is really wide but not really that deep yet. That game is interesting because of it's structure, but For Eruption Imminent ( the dev can do what they want) I hope the structure is a bit more linear to tell a more complet story. That is why I hope the black mail is not so great.

I also agree with Alley_ Cat that the black mail is well built compared to other games. I havent played AWaM but from the example they brought here I do agree that it is better and stronger.

GtG

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I agree that to Ashe with her current state of mind and her history for her it could be somewhat strong. But if she tels Evelyn or Rachel instead of keeping it to herself the relative strength of the black mail could dwindle rapidly. And once she start telling people like Fiona to start, telling the rest becomes easier. But an interesting question is how much of that does the black mailer know. If they know how unstable Ashe currently is, that means they are close to her, and then yes they know how strong their threat is. If not, then the whole bagage of social stigma caried by being a known duplo becomes important. So if the black mailer is not so close and the social aspect of the revelation is weak ( week? not my first language) then the threats are not strong. There is quite a few points where the strength of the threats can weaken. I agree that Ashe's first reaction might be panic sprinkled by a lot of irrationality.

There are still a lot of unknown in the story to evaluate just how strong exactly is the black mail material. There is a path where it is weak and it only serve as a spark to jumpstart the rest of the story. There is an other where it shackles Ashe's mind with a sword hanging over her head.

My point of saying that a weak threat can only support menial demands is simply to state that the demands must be proportional to the threat and that it could be easy for young adults to miss evaluate that. And also like I just stated that can vary rapidly over a short period of time.

My point of not making the black mail too big and not making it too major of a branching path is simply because it could affect the development of the game in a serous way making it way longer than it needs to be. DDoS to take it as an example from Alley_Cat is a game that is really wide but not really that deep yet. That game is interesting because of it's structure, but For Eruption Imminent ( the dev can do what they want) I hope the structure is a bit more linear to tell a more complet story. That is why I hope the black mail is not so great.

I also agree with Alley_ Cat that the black mail is well built compared to other games. I havent played AWaM but from the example they brought here I do agree that it is better and stronger.

GtG
Weak is the opposite of strong. Week is a period of 7 days. Also, blackmail is one word, unless the envelope is black.

Axel34

Jan 5, 2019
We now that there will be routes for those who like romance and harem and a route for those who like cuckquean and the "darker" stuff. We'll all have our choices for what we like.
And can I please get a cuckquean romance route without "darker" stuff? :)

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
But if she tels Evelyn or Rachel instead of keeping it to herself the relative strength of the black mail could dwindle rapidly.
Yes, if Ashe were to confide in her mother or sister about the texts, I'm sure that they would keep her from going along with any blackmail, if blackmail is indeed what's behind the texts. But I think that it's just as likely and just as believable that she would keep this hidden from them. Maybe that would even be a player choice?

On the one hand, Ashe knows that her mother and her sister love her (though she wasn't sure about her sister for a while, because of the big fallout), and she's used to relying on her sister in a lot of ways, or was used to it before their estrangement. She ought to know that she could trust them with such a problem, and that they would probably give her good advice.

On the other hand, Ashe went a full year without telling her mother about the trouble between her and Rachel, and only confided in her when the situation became too much for her to bear. And she might not want to bring Rachel into something like this when they've only just begun to rebuild their relationship. And we've already seen that Ashe isn't the best at handling her problems in wise ways.

It could go either way, or it could come down to player choice. We have to wait to find out.

And once she start telling people like Fiona to start, telling the rest becomes easier.
If you mean that Ashe telling Fiona about being a duplo would make it easier for her to tell others the same thing, then I don't agree. The fact that her mother and sister know and still love and support her hasn't made it any easier for her to tell Fiona. And every additional person who is in on the secret is one more possible information leak which could expose her. So I think that it would be the same difficulty each time she tells someone new, unless Ashe somehow becomes less worried about the general public finding out. I think that, for each person she considers telling, she'll have to weigh how much she trusts them, and what the pros and cons of them knowing might be.

But I could be wrong about that.

But an interesting question is how much of that does the black mailer know. If they know how unstable Ashe currently is, that means they are close to her, and then yes they know how strong their threat is. If not, then the whole bagage of social stigma caried by being a known duplo becomes important. So if the black mailer is not so close and the social aspect of the revelation is weak ( week? not my first language) then the threats are not strong. There is quite a few points where the strength of the threats can weaken. I agree that Ashe's first reaction might be panic sprinkled by a lot of irrationality.
Yes, how much the blackmailer (if it's blackmail) actually knows about Ashe is an interesting question, as is the question of how they know.

That being said, I don't think that they really need to know much about her, other than the simple fact that she's a duplo. They might just be banking on the assumption that no duplo would want to be exposed as such. It's already been stressed to us in the story that most people have a low opinion of duplos, and the developer made a point of showing Ashe and her mother watching a news report about such an exposure leading to a suicide. This emphasizes for us the seriousness in this world of being outed as a duplo. And Evelyn urged Ashe to come to her if she was ever "not okay". That was almost certainly foreshadowing for the developing situation.

My point of not making the black mail too big and not making it too major of a branching path is simply because it could affect the development of the game in a serous way making it way longer than it needs to be... For Eruption Imminent ( the dev can do what they want) I hope the structure is a bit more linear to tell a more complet story. That is why I hope the black mail is not so great.
Any branching path in a game creates additional work for the developer, which means more development time. There's no denying that. However, the developer has already told us that the plan is to have at least some branching paths and to allow player choice to impact how the story develops. And we've been told that one such choice will be coming up in the next update. So this matter has already been decided by the developer.

However, the developer did say "... as long as the story doesn't suffer from it and I can keep the different threads at a manageable scope." So branching paths in the story will be included, but limited to what the developer considers manageable.

Reactions: Thebigbadwolf89

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
The Orc f*cking the Elf princess is hotter than any other storyline. I'd pay to continue that storyline. Also MC Mom is hot asf
After finishing this story MorriganRae should do one with a futa orc as MC in a D&D type world, conquering battles and ladys alike, I think no one so far has dared to do something like that.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
After finishing this story MorriganRae should do one with a futa orc as MC in a D&D type world, conquering battles and ladys alike, I think no one so far has dared to do something like that.
Someone actualy did but then did not bring the project to an end. See Orc's quest: a dick girl's quest

To come back to the Blackmail/hate message, the only thing that is certain is that we have to wait for the update to see what is happening. The only thing that change between the two currently is if there are follow up demands or not. It is bound to affect Ashe regardless. Shake her up, either bring her down from the little good she started to have or spring her into action to defend herself. As TheLecher said it might be a player decision point. But to me seeing Ashe regressing might not make for the most compelling story. I'll say I am not a reader of stories of characters falling into depression so it might be more interesting than I think?

If you mean that Ashe telling Fiona about being a duplo would make it easier for her to tell others the same thing, then I don't agree. The fact that her mother and sister know and still love and support her hasn't made it any easier for her to tell Fiona. And every additional person who is in on the secret is one more possible information leak which could expose her. So I think that it would be the same difficulty each time she tells someone new, unless Ashe somehow becomes less worried about the general public finding out. I think that, for each person she considers telling, she'll have to weigh how much she trusts them, and what the pros and cons of them knowing might be.
Could be, but my reasoning is that with every person she tells and accept her it makes it one more person to lend her strength and to lean on when something bad happen. Those people then make it easier to tell the next one. But, for sure the first few are gona be hard. Once she has her circle of friends she is with, the the world stops being so important and it is not an information that is so important anymore to preserve unless she could get mugged in broad daylight for it. Hope not.

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
Could be, but my reasoning is that with every person she tells and accept her it makes it one more person to lend her strength and to lean on when something bad happen. Those people then make it easier to tell the next one. But, for sure the first few are gona be hard. Once she has her circle of friends she is with, the the world stops being so important and it is not an information that is so important anymore to preserve unless she could get mugged in broad daylight for it. Hope not.
I agree that each person that knows is another pillar of support. And when we consider it, Ashe has never 'told' anyone to date. Her mother and sister know because they've known her all her life. They've bathed with her. Changed together. Etc, etc. They've known since before Ashe herself even knew it was something society expected her to be ashamed of.

Which is why it's so hard for her to tell her best friend. She's never actually had to have that conversation before. Everyone that already knows (except the blackmailer) knows because they've been naked with her before. They've seen it with their own eyes and not rejected her because of it.

All she has right now are thousands of possible ways such a conversation could play out, similar to how she dreaded the talk with Rachel because she could no longer be sure of the outcome in advance. But after it was all relief. Telling Fiona holds that same uncertain dread.

But once she tackles it once, she has thousands of maybe outcomes and one absolute known outcome to rely on. The more safe outcomes that occur, the more certain she can be about getting a similar outcome when telling another person. However, tell the wrong person once, and things can go south real fast. And all of that confidence and surety can vanish.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Not sure I've mentioned it here, but I still think the text might be from Kate. Not for blackmail, but just because she's drunk, horny, and pissed off girls got laid and she didn't - in her own bed.

The timing also fits, since Ashe receives the texts shortly after being caught by Kate. And Kate has seen Ashe naked, post-coitus - hence the "slut" slur. The angle Kate approaches from the left door (the right being to the ensuite) might have been enough for her to see Ashe's pussy, especially since in some shots her cock is resting on her torso, not hanging downward.

Also has the upside of being the safest option for Ashe. Ashe might run around in a panic, but after Kate has sobered up can promise Ashe she'll keep the secret.

Kate may have also got Ashe's number from Evelyn years ago, but never called it. Or a different number than Ashe has for Kate.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Not sure I've mentioned it here, but I still think the text might be from Kate. Not for blackmail, but just because she's drunk, horny, and pissed off girls got laid and she didn't - in her own bed.

Also has the upside of being the safest option for Ashe. Ashe might run around in a panic, but after Kate has sobered up can promise Ashe she'll keep the secret.
As I said in this post, I don't think it's Kate. But, if it is Kate, then I'm not so sure that it's as innocent as a drunk, horny text which she'll regret in the morning. The two scenarios which I proposed as potential reasons for Kate to send the texts seem unlikely, but certainly possible.

4.90 star(s) 101 Votes