Ren'Py Escape from Ivy and Piper [v0.31] [AceX Game Studio]

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
BaasB Any way to get this update on the latest updates page? I feel like there is a big enough change to justify it... If not, not big deal.

Reactions: BaasB

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
BaasB Any way to get this update on the latest updates page? I feel like there is a big enough change to justify it... If not, not big deal.
if you have a update next time DM me

Someone forgot to promote the update to the latest page.

Reactions: Ace_X

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
Making the voices actually use the 'voice volume' slider in preferences would be good. I found the voice acting bad enough to be distracting. It seems to use the SE slider and not the voice slider. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn off voices without losing other sound effects in the future.

Ricky Ricardo

May 10, 2018
I am at a place where there is a sound but cant find solution? there is box under table but i have no items i guess please help sound is anoying en think i selected everything

Normdk

Jul 27, 2020
Ace_X Thank you for the games uploaded, going to try them out.

I noticed a misspelling on the .png image under "Developer Notes"
First line, 7th word intergoate. I am gussing it is interrogate misspelled unless it is a joke related to ingame dialog, which I havent read yet :).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have a great day.

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Making the voices actually use the 'voice volume' slider in preferences would be good. I found the voice acting bad enough to be distracting. It seems to use the SE slider and not the voice slider. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn off voices without losing other sound effects in the future.
Will do!

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Does this have lots of mini-games, like the first one, or is it more story based?
Always played Strip n play in story mode, so if there are mini-games, does this have story mode as well? :unsure:
Love your games, by the way. :love:

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
In this version, I updated the hint to say that it’s under the couch, next to the side table. I guess I still need to be more clear…
If it were me, I would have it show the "I hear a sound" message only once, and then maybe have another message appear when they get to the right part of the room (where the green glow appears) letting them know its close.

The real issue is I couldn't even look around for it properly because I was getting constantly spammed every time I clicked on anything.

Vasya555

Oct 27, 2018
Ace_X hello! It looks like in v0.2 and v0.21 it's impossible to get this dialog (and answers) with Piper:

if pipRel < 1:
show Piper 1-3
p "What's wrong baby?"
show Piper 1-4
p "Don't you want to have some fun?"
menu: #010
"No! Now get out of here!":
$ pipRel = pipRel + 1
$ mcSta = mcSta + 5
"Maybe just a little...":
$ mcSta = mcSta – 3

In v0.1 we have 0 pipRel as default, but in v0.2 and v0.21 pipRel=3. Maybe in this conversation now Piper points must be < 4?

if pipRel < 4:

(Sorry for my English)

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Does this have lots of mini-games, like the first one, or is it more story based?
Always played Strip n play in story mode, so if there are mini-games, does this have story mode as well? :unsure:
Love your games, by the way. :love:
There will be no “mini games”. The plan is to make it more of visual novel with things to do. More like a full game with sex scen and story.
I know what I WANT to make. But it’s hard to do right… lol. Game design is not easy.

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Ace_X hello! It looks like in v0.2 and v0.21 it's impossible to get this dialog (and answers) with Piper:

if pipRel < 1:
show Piper 1-3
p "What's wrong baby?"
show Piper 1-4
p "Don't you want to have some fun?"
menu: #010
"No! Now get out of here!":
$ pipRel = pipRel + 1
$ mcSta = mcSta + 5
"Maybe just a little...":
$ mcSta = mcSta – 3

In v0.1 we have 0 pipRel as default, but in v0.2 and v0.21 pipRel=3. Maybe in this conversation now Piper points must be < 4?

if pipRel < 4:

(Sorry for my English)
Thanks for this! I will look into it!

Reactions: Vasya555

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
If it were me, I would have it show the "I hear a sound" message only once, and then maybe have another message appear when they get to the right part of the room (where the green glow appears) letting them know its close.

The real issue is I couldn't even look around for it properly because I was getting constantly spammed every time I clicked on anything.
Ok, thank you for this feedback. I REALLY need to figure out a good way to send hints/notifications to the players WITHOUT being annoying or frustrating.
I plan on having more things like this throughout the game. So I need to make it work, or come up with a different way…
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Zavijava_

human94

Jul 15, 2018
Very good. Tried only one route. From all character I mostly like Ivy. Other good too. You can suggest that rout I choose. For now wait for update. Maybe whyle wait, try other rout. Thanks for the game, Ace_X! Scene hot, interesting plot. In some moment I stuck, but not very long. And this stuck was compensated with scene with girls.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 12 Votes