4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

honihole

Oct 5, 2017
Looks like the Elizabeth option won:devilish:
Yeah.... not my fave. I think there are just too many options to choose from. Perhaps if he allowed 4 instead of 8 there would be a better chance of getting the one I (we) vote for. Then add and recycle different ideas next month.
Nice art nonetheless I guess.

Feb 15, 2019
True, perhaps you'll can mention in the comments on patreon to include the next 2 most popular options in the next month's wallpaper poll

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
End of February I'm sorry to report.
On the contrary, i'm quite happy to have heard something. I hadn't heard anything and seeing as it's been about five months since the last one, I'm quite excited for the next release! Just a few weeks away now! Don't want to cause stress with asking about updates all the time, but also anxiously waiting for news.

honihole

Oct 5, 2017
That a guess or a fact?
Pretty much a fact.
Personal contact from the developer stated as he has done in the past publicly, that he needs to push through his problems to get things to work and will not announce specific and uncertain release dates.

honihole

Oct 5, 2017
So..... can I give a development progress update from the developer?

Good news is it wont be the end of Feb.
Bad news is it wont be the end of Feb.

From the man himself:
Hi everyone,

Short heads-up:

I've written about some of the reasons for the delay, some I don't want to talk about in public, and the rest I don't want to list because it feels like making excuses. End of the day, the update is taking massively longer than it should and it sucks for everyone involved. Do feel free to be mad at me, I understand the frustration. But nothing I can say changes the delay, which is why I haven't been posting much lately. It's pointless to do without results.

I am working on those results, i.e. Release 7, every day and I'll do everything I can to make up for my current fuckup in the future.
===========

That said, DO NOTE there is NO DATE of release. He wont give one. We wait. And wait. There was no hint of a possible time of release either. March? Your guess is good as anyone's. Grumble all you want.
Just dont ask for time.

That is all citizens. Go back to your daily routine.

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
It is what it is. It is just reality that it is hard to solo work on stuff like. Whether it is writing a book, creating a game, long science studies and so on. All this needs dedication, an iron will and the right circumstances. It is natural that long lasting work, may not be finished or get slowed down. Due to the nature of patreon, it became just more visible that a lot of things people start, cannot be finished or have some trouble with its progress. Hence, we see a lot of VNs here that get abandoned. (I finished less than 40% of my games that I have been creating. And to be honest, the finished ones are rather the unambitious.)

I believe, half of the problem for ED is home made, since the rather stupid idea of those flexible branches where you can even change between in a meaningful way. The author most likely struggles with that and he suffers from the feeling of less progress. That is an entry of a down wards motivation spiral.

But let's hope things become better. That game is one of my top3.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 118 Votes