TGafy

May 14, 2020
If the dev ever really gets back to this then the future of Esteria sounds promising.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
"Family Faring" has avoidable NTR in it (right now, I don't know what the dev has planned for the future), and it's pretty obvious which option takes you down the NTR route. (Even the gallery has an NTR toggle that's turned off by default which gives a good chance that the NTR will stay avoidable in the future).

The only one with NTR right now is the youngest daughter. The youngest daughter wants to be a ballerina, so the MC has the choice to send her to a professional-looking woman ballerina instructor or a creepy/shady-looking male ballerina instructor, I think you can guess which one is the NTR choice. :LOL:
the professional-looking woman obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: TGafy

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
"abandoned" tag is removed only when a new update is released, and stays off till the next 3+months inactivity.
otherwise rarely any game would have that tag...
Noticed this is not exactly true, been running into games that had far longer inactivity but didn't get the abandoned tag. And games that had the abandoned tag removed while the developer only claimed to be back. So I think it's a matter of reports by members. You can't expect F95zone staff to check ALL games for 3+ months of inactivity and activity, can you :D

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Noticed this is not exactly true, been running into games that had far longer inactivity but didn't get the abandoned tag. And games that had the abandoned tag removed while the developer only claimed to be back. So I think it's a matter of reports by members. You can't expect F95zone staff to check ALL games for 3+ months of inactivity and activity, can you :D
yeah, it is based mostly on reports, i agree.
yet, i dont know any game thread where "aboned" tag was removed before it got an actual (game) update.
and even if that happens sometimes, thats not in accordance with the rules

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Well, not exactly, dev's postponing this while he works on another project, and he's learned a bit since he started Esteria and wants to do it justice. Polish the worldbuilding, cut some fat, that sort of stuff.

• Angry
Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, not exactly, dev's postponing this while he works on another project, and he's learned a bit since he started Esteria and wants to do it justice. Polish the worldbuilding, cut some fat, that sort of stuff.
That's what he said, but his track record shows otherwise (he said something similar for his previous game "Innocent Play." Like Esteria, he put that one on hold, yet later ended up abandoning it).

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
That's what he said, but his track record shows otherwise (he said something similar for his previous game "Innocent Play." Like Esteria, he put that one on hold, yet later ended up abandoning it).
I'm getting more and more notifications about this as of lately, so let me address this quickly. Your comment isn't exactly correct. While I did abandon Innocent Play, I did so after a discussion with my supporters during that time. It was the first game I've ever made in Ren'Py, and as such was filled with mistakes and poor writing. Not to mention the poor quality in renders. Innocent Play was never meant to be a full game, but more of a demo of what I could do. However, that changed when it suddenly got more popularity than I expected, so I tried making a bigger game out of something barely planned out. As you can expect, that ended up poorly.

As for Esteria, it's still on hold and will continue to be on hold till I've finished Family Faring. I've tried multiple times to change this thread to on hold. Though, it was declined every time, so I understand when people are confused or frustrated that I seemingly abandoned Esteria. I did not. In fact, I'm still working on the universe while finishing Family Faring. I'm currently reworking the map for Esteria and rewriting a lot of the worldbuilding. After which, I plan to rework the prologue of Esteria to better fit my vision of the game.

Here's a bit of the reworked map so far:
map WIP copy.png

On my Discord, I share bits of my work on Esteria every now and then. If there are any questions about Esteria, I'm more than happy to answer those on there.

As of now, I'm finishing Family Faring before moving back onto Esteria. However, before that final day, I'm preparing to start the initial development properly planned and with hopefully better writing and far more insight into the world I want to create. I've made a public post discussing my changes and plans for the future , if you want to read it.

Anyhow, I hope I made things a lot clearer, I understand the confusion when the thread literally says it's abandoned. Sadly, I can not change that, I can only comment and attempt to ensure you all that it is NOT abandoned. It never will be, Esteria is my baby, and I will probably continue working on it till the day I die.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm getting more and more notifications about this as of lately, so let me address this quickly. Your comment isn't exactly correct. While I did abandon Innocent Play, I did so after a discussion with my supporters during that time. It was the first game I've ever made in Ren'Py, and as such was filled with mistakes and poor writing. Not to mention the poor quality in renders. Innocent Play was never meant to be a full game, but more of a demo of what I could do. However, that changed when it suddenly got more popularity than I expected, so I tried making a bigger game out of something barely planned out. As you can expect, that ended up poorly.

As for Esteria, it's still on hold and will continue to be on hold till I've finished Family Faring. I've tried multiple times to change this thread to on hold. Though, it was declined every time, so I understand when people are confused or frustrated that I seemingly abandoned Esteria. I did not. In fact, I'm still working on the universe while finishing Family Faring. I'm currently reworking the map for Esteria and rewriting a lot of the worldbuilding. After which, I plan to rework the prologue of Esteria to better fit my vision of the game.

View attachment 2502585

On my Discord, I share bits of my work on Esteria every now and then. If there are any questions about Esteria, I'm more than happy to answer those on there.

As of now, I'm finishing Family Faring before moving back onto Esteria. However, before that final day, I'm preparing to start the initial development properly planned and with hopefully better writing and far more insight into the world I want to create. I've made a public post discussing my changes and plans for the future , if you want to read it.

Anyhow, I hope I made things a lot clearer, I understand the confusion when the thread literally says it's abandoned. Sadly, I can not change that, I can only comment and attempt to ensure you all that it is NOT abandoned. It never will be, Esteria is my baby, and I will probably continue working on it till the day I die.
Well, guess I stand corrected.
Not too sure how I feel about you reworking the entire prologue though.
I'm not saying the prologue you had was perfect, but even so, I quite liked what I saw in those 5 chapters and thought there was a lot of potential you could build up your game game on top of what you established (and other devs who rework their games, in some cases there were definite improvements yes, but in other cases I'd even say I prefer what was in the original over the rework).

But I guess it's too early to judge (whether it will be better or worse) since I haven't played a chapter of the rework yet, and see how much of a change it will be.

Regardless, good luck, and I guess I'll see how I feel about it when you release Esteria remake Chapter 1 (hopefully, it's not too long of a wait).

giorgyo777

Feb 2, 2020

View attachment 2502585

what tags will be set for this game?
will the NTR tag be the same?

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
Well, guess I stand corrected.
Not too sure how I feel about you reworking the entire prologue though.
I'm not saying the prologue you had was perfect, but even so, I quite liked what I saw in those 5 chapters and thought there was a lot of potential you could build up your game game on top of what you established (and other devs who rework their games, in some cases there were definite improvements yes, but in other cases I'd even say I prefer what was in the original over the rework).

But I guess it's too early to judge (whether it will be better or worse) since I haven't played a chapter of the rework yet, and see how much of a change it will be.

Regardless, good luck, and I guess I'll see how I feel about it when you release Esteria remake Chapter 1 (hopefully, it's not too long of a wait).
played for the first time like the world and te character[s good news its not abandon

Fallen Branch

Mar 1, 2020
Lol, I stumble on the file of this vn from when I played it a year or two ago, and now, I'm stuck wondering when its developement will restart.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Lol, I stumble on the file of this vn from when I played it a year or two ago, and now, I'm stuck wondering when its developement will restart.
more than likely never, but it is possible life got in developers way and might pick back up. It might also be possible another developer will do what some have and do a remake of sorts you never know. I doubt after this long it will go anywhere, but one can always hope..

Reactions: Blaisdale
3.90 star(s) 31 Votes