Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That depends on what you define as "popular". The game that has the most players? The game that has in absolute numbers the most ratings? Or the game - and that was probably meant here - that has the overall best average ratings with a certain minimum number for ratings given (which is what I suspect the "weighted rating" here does)?

Also Cari's latest updates were generally regarded well by pretty much everybody who already liked the game in the first place. Not like the last two BaD updates for example, that weren't that well received by a sizeable number of longtime players.
I define popularity as to how many people know about the title outside of places where they have a dedicated fanbase/following. BaDIK, for instance, is known even outside F95 and Itch.io due to its heavy presence on Steam and its large following on Patreon. Compare that to Eternum where, despite its ratings outshining BaDIK here and on Itch, isn't exactly known or played by many (at least, when you compare it to the likes of BaDIK or even StS).

I mean, it's basically the difference between, say, something like BOTW and Genshin Impact. The former is more critically-acclaimed and is a GOTY to some people. But the latter is a lot more well-known and a lot more popular ( compared to ) despite being basically a derivative of the former.

So yeah, higher ratings doesn't necessarily mean that it's more popular than the other.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I personally don't like the graphics
Different strokes for different folks. I see people loathe Daz3D graphics but prefer the anime-esque renders of Honey Select 2 (which is what this VN uses). Other times it's the other way around. It's normal.

the sound part is ok
Compared to the dev's first game which had little to no sound in most scenes, Eternum's actually a massive improvement.

Also, the music choices mostly fit its scenes compared to other AVNs where the music selection can be a bit...jarring (i.e. My Bully is my Lover)

and in the gameplay part it's just vn with a few additions.
As opposed to the minigame and freeroam overdose that is BaDIK? People who like this game actually prefer their VN's to - you know - STAY mostly as VN's, and not try to reinvent the wheel every single damn update.

I can't understand what's so special about the story either. Nearly thousand people giving so much praise in the rating section feels unreal to me after playing the game itself.
Personally I like it because It hearkens back to VN's like "Fate/Stay Night" and "Sōkō Akki Muramasa," where the story is less about trying to bang your way to kingdom come (which seems to be what the majority of Western AVN plots are centered on) and more about following an actual plot while the sex simply happens along the way. Granted, it doesn't completely do anything new, but I like how the dev just runs with it and writes a decent enough mystery/adventure story with interesting LI's and humorous moments (the latter two being the most praised elements). And a lot of people also feel the same, if the high ratings are any indication.

Dec 25, 2023
Different strokes for different folks. I see people loathe Daz3D graphics but prefer the anime-esque renders of Honey Select 2 (which is what this VN uses). Other times it's the other way around. It's normal.
Yeah, I can see that. I don't like neither Daz, Illusion games, or anime style. Here's a thread about this topic: The Art Styles You Want to See in Adult Games? | F95zone

Compared to the dev's first game which had little to no sound in most scenes, Eternum's actually a massive improvement.

Also, the music choices mostly fit its scenes compared to other AVNs where the music selection can be a bit...jarring (i.e. My Bully is my Lover)
I see he is even using interstellar's soundtrack, wonder if it's legal or not though.

As opposed to the minigame and freeroam overdose that is BaDIK? People who like this game actually prefer their VN's to - you know - STAY mostly as VN's, and not try to reinvent the wheel every single damn update.
Yeah, it's not a bad thing to create a pure vn. Just quiz stuffs was not my thing.

Personally I like it because It hearkens back to VN's like "Fate/Stay Night" and "Sōkō Akki Muramasa," where the story is less about trying to bang your way to kingdom come (which seems to be what the majority of Western AVN plots are centered on) and more about following an actual plot while the sex simply happens along the way. Granted, it doesn't completely do anything new, but I like how the dev just runs with it and writes a decent enough mystery/adventure story with interesting LI's and humorous moments (the latter two being the most praised elements). And a lot of people also feel the same, if the high ratings are any indication.
To be honest, the story was the thing that bother me a lot. Not because it's story-based game, but it was too boring for me. And I love story-rich games.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, I can see that. I don't like neither Daz, Illusion games, or anime style.
To be fair...you probably won't stay here too long then...not exactly left with a lot of choice...

That aside, nothing wrong with disliking or not seeing the attraction to something or not getting the popularity. Perfectly reasonable and acceptable and as the old adage goes, just because something is popular, does not neccessarily mean it is any good. That applies to many things in life, VN's, films, music...cars...you name it.

I'll admit it took me a while to get into this one and while I like it, I'm certainly not as rabid about it as some folk here, and I personally can't get through his first VN...just not my jam at all and I think the MC of his other is such a monumental moron I just can't relate, even as a story (but then it's been a long time since I was a teen..I find more and VN's with young protags just annoy me). In fact, on weighted ratings, there's actually very few of the first 2 pages I actually like...and no matter how many times someone may rave about it and tell you why it's the greatest fucking thing since sliced bread...if it's not for you...it just ain't for you.

And that's fine and you don't need to defend that.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I see he is even using interstellar's soundtrack, wonder if it's legal or not though.
More of a legal grey area in that regard considering it's quite a short snippet and this game's technically distributed for free. There's also the fact that this isn't popular enough/has lesser visibility compared to the AVNs sold on Steam to warrant copyright holders to take a closer look. /shrugs

To be honest, the story was the thing that bother me a lot. Not because it's story-based game, but it was too boring for me. And I love story-rich games.
Baldur's Gate 3 is currently being hailed by a majority of gaming outlets and critics as this year's Game of the Year, yet you'll find people calling it boring as fuck despite its insane gameplay reactivity and branching paths. What is boring to you may not be boring to the folk who like it, and that's just normal. You don't have to force yourself, just as I don't force myself in playing games like BaDIK because I absolutely abhor the American Pie-esque plot and setting (and also how the dev seems to do stuff just for the coding challenge and not because he wants to do so in service to the story).

Again, "different strokes for different folks."

Last edited:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
View attachment 3205843

View attachment 3205846
Poor Charlotte lol she has no idea that our Penny's boobs are among Aphrodite's finest creations its like her own Mona Lisa but way hotter and sexier..:love::love::love:
And as Alex and Dalia have pointed out, Charlotte's bras are doing miracles in keeping her saggy breasts from falling to the ground (and it's best if they remain unseen, at least one young lad if the choice is made found out about that the hard way and he'll have nightmares with them for some time). :eek::eek::eek:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
And as Alex and Dalia have pointed out, Charlotte's bras are doing miracles in keeping her saggy breasts from falling to the ground (and it's best if they remain unseen, at least one young lad if the choice is made found out about that the hard way and he'll have nightmares with them for some time). :eek::eek::eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
For the sake of everyone's sanity in this thread...I sure hope so.

/nervously glances at his brain as it writes "Charlotte's exposed saggy tits" to a list that says "Images to be used in future cursed edits upon appearance"
This gif will be among many posted here, ready to be used if her "things" are seen for whatever reason in the future:

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
This gif will be among many posted here, ready to be used if her "things" are seen for whatever reason in the future:
I still prefer
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
On a more positive note, I may be late to the party but a merry christmas to all of you snuggle bears. Hope you had some nice festivities. May the goddess leave a cookie for you...
View attachment 3207268
And very soon, that goddess is about to get some nookie (and the order of Saint Nova is going to be ecstatic when that happens). :giggle::whistle:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I think a simple glance at their shadows is sufficant to imagine what they look like, don't wanna see more than this :eek:.
Charlotte saggy shadow.png

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's actually good if you don't remember seeing it before because you'll need to be left out of Alex path (don't go to her appartment in 0.6) in order to make this scene happen.
I saw it for the first time while looking into the "images" folder of the game and saved it cause I think that's a pretty good render ;).

I think you're confusing "sound effects" with OST, that's not the same and the AVN you mentionned has nearly no sound effects.
Be it rain sound, fire crakling, "door opening" or "horror" sound effects, Eternum is absolutly top notch on those, this is what makes the atmosphere of the game really gripping. In my opinion that make it the best AVN in terms of Sound effects on this site.

For the OST I think that's debatable, it's based more on people tastes but I think the musics are well chosen and fits the mood of the scene, especially for the emotional ones.
I suspected it to be a cursed render, since I didn't remember that one either. :KEK:

Exactly, in terms of sound effects this is the best VN on this site I ever played.
In terms of soundtrack I would rate it 2nd only to BaD.

Reactions: Ellyx
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes