agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Who remembers the early days of AVN's when the devs would get blasted for not meeting a monthly release date?
Yeah yeah quality takes time but 6+ months for an update screams the current system of doing things needs to change.
Older one gets the less interested and able one becomes in following/paying for such projects, no matter how good they are.
Life speeds up so fast the time and inclination fades away.
Love this game and will continue to follow it , but I really think the dev process of AVN's really needs to change.
If you are unsatisfied with the pace, lower your support tier or unsubscribe. In the case of this game I think it is taking longer because of the new/improved animations which are a clear improvement from the developer's previous game or the game's early updates. But I get that not everyone values that stuff equally so if you dont think it is worth the wait simply unsubscribe.

If you are complaining about something you are getting for free however then thats being a bit entitled.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It is a completly reasonable response though. As much it pains me, I don't want him to burn out, he's a cool guy, I also want a quality product in Eternum, and let's be honest, it is Eternum that is paying his bills atm.

Still saddens me a bit though, as much as I don't expect him to edit Oailt until Eternum is finished and I understand why, since HS2 to HS1 is a huge difference, at the same time it gives a feel he won't ever pick it anymore. I fucking love Eternum, but Oailt still has a spot in my heart and even nostalgia was great seeing Caribdis growth in development since first release. You don't see such a difference in Eternum due already having experience in developing.

Of course Eternum is a completly different deal and the quality increase is immense, but yeah, there's that nostalgia. Also as much I love Eternum girls, Carla is probably one the best milf out there, it achieved a great balance between looking good and still noticing the age difference to others, besides her great personality.

I'm probably being a bit unfair though, I dunno how Caribdis does it, but he has a gift to make the LI still different yet extremely likeable. Of course people around here have their prefs, but I don't recall anyone here (besides the obvious trolls) saying they hate any of the girl who are LI in Eternum. I could be wrong of course, but it's the idea I have.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It is a completly reasonable response though. As much it pains me, I don't want him to burn out, he's a cool guy, I also want a quality product in Eternum, and let's be honest, it is Eternum that is paying his bills atm.

Still saddens me a bit though, as much as I don't expect him to edit Oailt until Eternum is finished and I understand why, since HS2 to HS1 is a huge difference, at the same time it gives a feel he won't ever pick it anymore. I fucking love Eternum, but Oailt still has a spot in my heart and even nostalgia was great seeing Caribdis growth in development since first release. You don't see such a difference in Eternum due already having experience in developing.

Of course Eternum is a completly different deal and the quality increase is immense, but yeah, there's that nostalgia. Also as much I love Eternum girls, Carla is probably one the best milf out there, it achieved a great balance between looking good and still noticing the age difference to others, besides her great personality.

I'm probably being a bit unfair though, I dunno how Caribdis does it, but he has a gift to make the LI still different yet extremely likeable. Of course people around here have their prefs, but I don't recall anyone here (besides the obvious trolls) saying they hate any of the girl who are LI in Eternum. I could be wrong of course, but it's the idea I have.
There's also the possibility that he might be hesitant to return to HS1 because his skills/dev mindset have outgrown the program. Like he wants to do this particular scene but he can no longer tap that "Cari on a potato" mindset and approaches it with the "Cari HS2 vet" mindset and it ends up not feeling right or the program limits him in doing said scene in his head that he ends up being frustrated.

So yes, I'm on the camp that maybe going back is not worth the hassle and the energy would be better spent on making new stuff...or making a compromise by trying to recreate and aging up the OIAL cast in HS2 and sneak a surprise cameo or something. Wishful thinking on the latter, but it's something to consider if I ever was a dev who wanted to throw a bone to the fans who've been with me since day one.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
There are several instances in the game where we need to pick heads or tails for a coin that was supposedly heads the previous 99 times. The correct answer seem to be tails, but what does that mean, what is the game telling us? I'd pick heads again IRL so I don't get it.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
There are several instances in the game where we need to pick heads or tails for a coin that was supposedly heads the previous 99 times. The correct answer seem to be tails, but what does that mean, what is the game telling us? I'd pick heads again IRL so I don't get it.
Because Heads is more or less going with the grain of things. Tails? We are rebelling against the vary nature of Eternum. Consider.
screenshot3232.png

Reactions: Leo-67

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
One idea is, that Orion/the MC is living in a recurring circle of trying to somehow change or end Eternum or the (mis)use of it and that he already failed multiple times.

He seemingly has some visions during the game about this during nightmares:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So he might have failed countless times already (the coin always landed on heads as the wrong side), so if he now tries it again, the coin might land on tails this time after all as in he will finally succeed.

At least that is one/my interpretation.

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
There's also the possibility that he might be hesitant to return to HS1 because his skills/dev mindset have outgrown the program. Like he wants to do this particular scene but he can no longer tap that "Cari on a potato" mindset and approaches it with the "Cari HS2 vet" mindset and it ends up not feeling right or the program limits him in doing said scene in his head that he ends up being frustrated.

So yes, I'm on the camp that maybe going back is not worth the hassle and the energy would be better spent on making new stuff...or making a compromise by trying to recreate and aging up the OIAL cast in HS2 and sneak a surprise cameo or something. Wishful thinking on the latter, but it's something to consider if I ever was a dev who wanted to throw a bone to the fans who've been with me since day one.
Nah, I don't believe it's a skill issue. It's more a thing about not wanting to delay Eternum's development, along with the fact of not wanting to return to an old laptop and old tools. Let's be honest, even if the epilogue would mean an increase in quality, it wouldn't probably differ from the original game. The epilogue would be to make the ending feel a bit less rushed, and not chaning content.

Same would apply for Eternum for example, if he ever would need a major change on Eternum, that would be because it would benefit the player experience, not to change the mindset of the game. At least it's what I believe.

Because Heads is more or less going with the grain of things. Tails? We are rebelling against the vary nature of Eternum. Consider.
View attachment 3360566
Off-topic of what you wrote, but she can chain me anytime :whistle:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Guys I have a question ..
if I bought the demon lord tier will it be permanent or will end after 1 month in the discord server ?
It will be renewed every beginning of the month ( if you have money on the card obviously )

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I don't remember if doing annual subscription you'll have to pay only one time... better ask to other demon lords

Lucky Boy7008

Dec 30, 2022
Demon Lord is very expansive. If you're lucky, you might have timed it well enough to get the next update early at least.
to be honest i wanted to get the founder tier firs time but it is gone and i seen the founder members still even after many months so i thought it will be one time paying and its permanent

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes