lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Voicing in amateur visual novels is a big no-no. It's something that a dev shouldn't even look at. Voicing is something that only big studios like in Japan can even produce something good with actual good voice actors and even so, it's not something that appealing given the target demographic of Visual novels which are people that are prone and enjoy reading, so they tend to read fast making voicing obsolete.
It's a pretty perk to have in a game but it should be last in the list even in "AAA" Visual novel.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Voicing in amateur visual novels is a big no-no. It's something that a dev shouldn't even look at. Voicing is something that only big studios like in Japan can even produce something good with actual good voice actors and even so, it's not something that appealing given the target demographic of Visual novels which are people that are prone and enjoy reading, so they tend to read fast making voicing obsolete.
It's a pretty perk to have in a game but it should be last in the list even in "AAA" Visual novel.
Indeed. A lot of money going into VA work could be better put into quality.

Unless you're doing like Subverse, who has REALLY worked on their production and economy of scale, just focus on story and quality when you're just starting out.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

fapderp11

Jun 20, 2022
Well, whaddya know, the dude went on reddit.

View attachment 3408453

Wasn't there someone who tested by modding the game with ai voice before? I don't think it was ElevenLabs and it definitely sounded way better than what this EternumAiVoice guy showed.
I love how he just copy-pasted his same post from here, lmao. And the audacity to say "looks like we're facing a $330 fee". Bitch who is we!? lol. Also idk why but I hate when people capitalize every word in a sentence, like in the post's title, like wtf are you doing?

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I think that the MC for Eternum is fine. He's a pretty attractive guy and he doesn't look that off and matches the vibe I'd say. There are lots of games with weird-looking MCs that I just really couldn't stand. Honestly, a weird-looking MC is a reason why I didn't play OiaLT.
I'd recommend you reconsider and give OiaLT a chance, it gets exponentially better as you play.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I love how he just copy-pasted his same post from here, lmao. And the audacity to say "looks like we're facing a $330 fee". Bitch who is we!? lol. Also idk why but I hate when people capitalize every word in a sentence, like in the post's title, like wtf are you doing?
:LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeSamson

Jul 16, 2020
The Voice Company does seem to make some interesting voices, but it all depends on the Game Dev and his/her audience. Is he/she willing to shell out 330 for "upgrading" his/her game? Does he/she really need it though? Entirely up to the Dev.

fapderp11

Jun 20, 2022
(probably) not so good news, by the looks of it, the hero who brought us 0.6 on launch day seems to no longer be present here. who knows? maybe he'll appear out of nowhere again, but it's better to play safe and hope for someone else to deliver us 0.7.

Gone? maybe. But not forgotten....
View attachment 3410996
I was there when he posted it... It was wild. It would be insane if he shows up out of nowhere again on release day only to disappear again lol

sausageballs

Sep 12, 2023
I'd recommend you reconsider and give OiaLT a chance, it gets exponentially better as you play.
I really got off-put by the whole game at the beginning and just didn't want to play at all, but a lot of people have been saying this so I may check it out again. Does it get similar to Eternum's quality?

fapderp11

Jun 20, 2022
I really got off-put by the whole game at the beginning and just didn't want to play at all, but a lot of people have been saying this so I may check it out again. Does it get similar to Eternum's quality?
The renders don't look as good but they're not bad at all (it was Cari's first game). Tbh Eternum has set the bar very high for AVNs, imo. In terms of story, OiaLT is amazing. Also, there's plenty of sexual content and group scenes which is always welcome. Cari's humor is also present so there's some funny moments that are great

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes